CAP Residency Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the story on this? What influence do they have and how does it work?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how much influence residency forums have (ASCP has one also, although I think it might be called resident council instead). They often are concerned more with educating residents about key issues (like boards prep, finding a job, things like that) than trying to influence major policy. Although I'm sure that varies. Residency forum leaders have a lot of input with CAP leaders though.

I believe every program is entitled to have representatives in the residency forum. From within that group, people can run for the titled positions (president, secretary, etc).

I was the delegate for our residency program on both the ASCP Resident Council and the CAP Residency forum. The job is primarily involved with facilitating the two-way transfer of information on policy, job market, board exam issues, etc (issues of concern for residents) between the organization and the residents in your program. yaah pretty much summed it up above.

I believe that the ASCP provides for one member per residency program, CAP allows one delegate per 10 registered junior CAP members in your program. I do not know what CAP does if there are less than 10 registered members in your program.