Car in PT school?

Started by excitedPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

excitedPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ive commuted for 4 yrs All throughout my undergrad and i feel like taking public transportation in PT school would be a hassle. Im planning to stay in california, I got accepted into WesternU, i have an interview at sacramento state and waiting to hear from Csu northridge; so, is it smart to buy a car for PT school?
 
Ive commuted for 4 yrs All throughout my undergrad and i feel like taking public transportation in PT school would be a hassle. Im planning to stay in california, I got accepted into WesternU, i have an interview at sacramento state and waiting to hear from Csu northridge; so, is it smart to buy a car for PT school?

It just depends on your personal preference. It may help a lot during your clinical affiliations.
 
Check and see how spread out the clinical affiliations are. I know UCSF highly recommends it because there are affiliations with a good amount of driving between them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What part of CA are you from? I'm a native Californian & my opinion has always been that SF was the only city with adequate public transportation in the state. I guess some people in the LA area could get by with the bus system (my bf is at UCLA & has a car but takes the Bruin bus as much as possible), but I agree that you'll really want it for clinicals.
 
What part of CA are you from? I'm a native Californian & my opinion has always been that SF was the only city with adequate public transportation in the state. I guess some people in the LA area could get by with the bus system (my bf is at UCLA & has a car but takes the Bruin bus as much as possible), but I agree that you'll really want it for clinicals.

I smell CSU Fresno?!