Car in PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excitedPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive commuted for 4 yrs All throughout my undergrad and i feel like taking public transportation in PT school would be a hassle. Im planning to stay in california, I got accepted into WesternU, i have an interview at sacramento state and waiting to hear from Csu northridge; so, is it smart to buy a car for PT school?

Members don't see this ad.

Ive commuted for 4 yrs All throughout my undergrad and i feel like taking public transportation in PT school would be a hassle. Im planning to stay in california, I got accepted into WesternU, i have an interview at sacramento state and waiting to hear from Csu northridge; so, is it smart to buy a car for PT school?

It just depends on your personal preference. It may help a lot during your clinical affiliations.

Check and see how spread out the clinical affiliations are. I know UCSF highly recommends it because there are affiliations with a good amount of driving between them.

Members don't see this ad :)
What part of CA are you from? I'm a native Californian & my opinion has always been that SF was the only city with adequate public transportation in the state. I guess some people in the LA area could get by with the bus system (my bf is at UCLA & has a car but takes the Bruin bus as much as possible), but I agree that you'll really want it for clinicals.

What part of CA are you from? I'm a native Californian & my opinion has always been that SF was the only city with adequate public transportation in the state. I guess some people in the LA area could get by with the bus system (my bf is at UCLA & has a car but takes the Bruin bus as much as possible), but I agree that you'll really want it for clinicals.

I smell CSU Fresno?!