-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Car insurance discounts for med students?
Started by stylin456
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1139416
I live in CA which is similar to NY. Try AAA, they are very student friendly. Usually though, they want to see a transcript with a decent GPA (but they don't give you slack on the GPA requirement for being a med student). My rate is $1500/yr which is below the state average despite me having an at-fault rear end collision 5 years ago.
Your rates will be high if you're under 25, no matter where you live. Good student discounts help
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1139416
Your rates will be high if you're under 25, no matter where you live. Good student discounts help
Fair enough - I should have clarified that I am 27!
From what I can google most insurance companies won’t give student discounts above 25.
You can see if they will give you legacy accounts though. Since my parents were GEICO policy holders for over 20 years I was given a legacy account when I got my own insurance and I pay about 900 a year.
You can see if they will give you legacy accounts though. Since my parents were GEICO policy holders for over 20 years I was given a legacy account when I got my own insurance and I pay about 900 a year.
State Farm gave me a “med student” discount. I think my agent just extended the good GPA discount and waived the GPA requirement since.
Just ask. Insurance agents have so many ways they can give you a discount one way or the other. The ease of manufacturing the discount makes one wonder why anyone pays the quoted price..
Just ask. Insurance agents have so many ways they can give you a discount one way or the other. The ease of manufacturing the discount makes one wonder why anyone pays the quoted price..
As I recall State Farm did that for my son too when he was a medical student.State Farm gave me a “med student” discount. I think my agent just extended the good GPA discount and waived the GPA requirement since.
Just ask. Insurance agents have so many ways they can give you a discount one way or the other. The ease of manufacturing the discount makes one wonder why anyone pays the quoted price..
900 a year?!!!! Which devil did you sell your soul to?! I pay 1200 every 6 months lmaoFrom what I can google most insurance companies won’t give student discounts above 25.
You can see if they will give you legacy accounts though. Since my parents were GEICO policy holders for over 20 years I was given a legacy account when I got my own insurance and I pay about 900 a year.
D
deleted1139416
900 a year?!!!! Which devil did you sell your soul to?! I pay 1200 every 6 months lmao
Do you live in Michigan by any chance?
Progressive. <$450 per year
Ahhh no I do not.Do you live in Michigan by any chance?
D
deleted1139416
Ahhh no I do not.
Hmm thats strange. I asked just cause Michigan is the most expensive place to have car insurance due to its state laws.
I live in the South, and I’m not under 25 either 😭Hmm thats strange. I asked just cause Michigan is the most expensive place to have car insurance due to its state laws.
D
deleted1139416
I live in the South, and I’m not under 25 either 😭
Oh, ouch!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1139416
Illinois! Where you would think it would be higher. I am over 25 though and haven’t had an accident in over 5 years lol.
Is your deductible high?
Is your deductible high?
500 is the max deductible.
D
deleted1139416
Damn - that’s pretty good.500 is the max deductible.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 941