cardiac and regional in practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bingo!

Nice job guys.

This is the absolute biggest SOVA I have ever seen. It was a monster.

Most common SOVA (congenital or acquired) is that of the right SOV which we see here.

Mine was not ruptured, but @sethco might have been.

Repair was almost identical to this:

Amazing the stuff you see in this field.

That’s fantastic!!

Random anecdote - my second case ever as a (paired) CA-1 resident was a ruptured sinus of valsalva case. Put in my first MAC line and PAC, and I remember looking at the TEE saying WTF even though I had no clue what I was looking at. I was hooked and that’s what led me to go into cardiac.

It was rare enough (it was a right sinus aneurysm and it ruptured into the RV so it was like a zebra inside a zebra) that we wrote it up for an SCA poster and published it. Note to the residents out there - you don’t even need this random of a case for a poster, just search out something sort of “different” and enjoy (likely if your program isn’t a buzzkill) a free trip to somewhere fun!

I’ve seen maybe 1 or 2 since, usually they are more “windsocky” than this! Very cool overall!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you have even considered an ACB?

:shrug:

Geesus...

To cover the vein harvest site? I like it!

In the spirit of this thread, I think it shoulda been done awake under a high thoracic epidural. :horns::horns:

Reactions: 1 users
Serious questions:

Where are you when they put the ET tube in?

Why do they need to call you to secure an ET tube?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am present for induction/intubation.

The cards are just information for new CRNAs that come to our practice that highlight my preferences, surgical preferences and when they need to call me, etc. It just helps to bring them up to speed and make sure they're not troubleshooting or making decisions on their own without input.

thanks again everyone for the posts. this was highly entertaining and makes me feel better about doing cardiac fellowship.

Reactions: 1 users