-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Cardiology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cardiology board 2020
Started by Sam1987
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yes..they test so much random BS..totally miss the big picture
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree. I don’t know how else I could have studied to anticipate the insanity
I agree with you all. The question stems were long and twisted, each one trying to get you! Not a single straight question! The short questions were one-liner fact-based and clinically irrelevant. I felt we could have used more time on day 1 with these long stems. I expected day 2 to be better but there was some (albeit less) esoteric stuff. I hope the ABIM isn't trying to lower the >90% pass rate for this exam so that they can reap more money from us considering they are losing money from the collaborative pathway wherein re-certifiers pay ACC for annual ACC-SAP
I hope not 🙁I hope the ABIM isn't trying to lower the >90% pass rate for this exam so that they can reap more money from us considering they are losing money from the collaborative pathway wherein re-certifiers pay ACC for annual ACC-SAP
Overall I felt the entire test was trying to trick. Which really made me
The issue with the second day is if you are close with the coding but not exactly what they would they want you get points detracted. The system is actually very unfair
Does anyone know for the imaging portion especially for echo and cath, is it all or nothing? I wonder because the example file from ABIM (https://www.abim.org/~/media/ABIM Public/Files/pdf/certification-related/cvd-sample-cases.pdf), for the angio example, per the provided answer key in the document, you had to mark each vessel so even if you had just marked the crux of the issue and didn’t mark the other vessels, you don’t get any credit?
That seems rather harsh...
That seems rather harsh...
Last edited:
I spoke with them a month ago, the timing is supposed to be independent of the December test.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scores are out, passed
I actually agree. I found echo to be challenging, but I had many more questions where I was unsure on the general boards. I was amazed to see that the passing score for the general boards was 320 though, while I got above 600. I guess other people must have thought the test was hard too, or my self-confidence should have been higher. I usually am pretty accurate with knowing how well I did on an exam, so I was surprised.Passed. Was more worried about this one than echo.
I would assume so, as they assign scores after all the questions have been adjudicated. I doubt they would change anything. But, I guess you'd have to find somebody who you knew took in December and ask.
Yea for sureDid the December test takers also get their scores?
What did everyone use to pass general cards boards? Any experience with Pass Machine?