Nuclear cardiology board 2025

Started by Dr. HWS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. HWS

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Wanted to start this thread for those taking the nuclear cardiology board this year.
What sources are you using? Anyone knows if the results are expected to be released immediately? (I think historically they have except for last year - it took 2 months I believe).
 
i took this last year. i think i used the asnc videos? i think you probably don't need to spend more than 2-3 weeks studying for this (very lightly, maybe 2-3 hours a day). you need to know the physics, half-lives, energy profiles, safety, etc. there's only 7-8 studies to interpret. of all the boards we take (echo, ABIM), i'd say this is the easiest and the one to stress about the least.
Hey all,

Wanted to start this thread for those taking the nuclear cardiology board this year.
What sources are you using? Anyone knows if the results are expected to be released immediately? (I think historically they have except for last year - it took 2 months I believe).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took it yesterday and passed. You do get you score right after the test. I watched the ASNC videos once, did the ASNC and Jaber questions twice. Studied for about 2 to 3 weeks.
 
Hi! anyone take nuclear cardiology recertification boards? wondering how much of the physics I would need to relearn? Scheduled for later this month.
 
Took the initial certification board today. It was extremely tough. I received the exact score needed to pass. I recommend board vitals, jabber, asnc video, and whatever else you can get your hands on. This was the toughest test I've taken and I have taken CT, RPVI, echo, Vascular medicine, and general cardiology boards.
 
Took it a couple weeks ago and passed. Watched ASNC videos x 1, did the ppt slides x 1, Jaber x 2, a brief high-yield version of notes from Jaber and ASNC x 2, Board Vitals x 2.
Exam had a lot of image interpretation questions. Jaber helped a lot and so did factual stuff from ASNC videos [half lives, etc].
Scored 650/700 eventually. The exam is doable and not as difficult as I was fearing it to be. Spent 1 month for prep in total.