blahblah

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
5
0
Baltimore
Status
It's finally done! Anyone care to post ROLs? I'll start. This whole process has been a killer.

1. BWH
2. MGH
3. Penn
4. UCSF
5. Stanford
6. Cornell
7. UCLA
8. BIDMC
9. Yale
 

Sir Jun

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
32
0
Status
1. Brown
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Boston Univ.
4. UMDNJ-RWJ New Brunswick
5. St. Luke's/Roosevelt
6. Stony Brook
7. North Shore/LIJ
8. UMASS
9. Baystate
10. Hershey
11. SUNY Upstate
 

Brianna

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
5
0
Status
1.UTMB
2.NYMC
3.Texas A&m
4.Mount Sinai
5.UTHSCSA
6.Montefiore
7.USF
8.UNM
9.Ochsner
10.UMDNJ-Brunswick
 

whipple

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2004
30
0
Status
Well, after long hours of soul searching, gut feeling,evaluation of each program and off-course what whipple wants,this is what I certified for the match....

1.Loyola
2.Uni of maryland
3.Case western Reserves
4.UMDNJ-New brunswick
5.Wayne states/DMC
6.Thomas Jefferson
7.Temple
8.UMDNJ-Newark
9.Ohio states
10.SUNY Downstates
11.Boston Uni
12.Stony Brook

may the peace of God that passes through all understanding keep our hearts,souls and minds throughout these dark days. Hopefully the stars will line up for each member of this forum. I am very proud to be part of this journey and it was a honor to know some of you and to share my thoughts. I am scared but I guess that's natural. Good luck to you all.

-Whipple
 
B

Blade28

Wonder if, on March 17th, there's going to be a new (sticky) thread where members post their Match results? :)
 

Gator Fan

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2004
36
0
Status
Blade28 said:
Wonder if, on March 17th, there's going to be a new (sticky) thread where members post their Match results? :)
Absolutely! Why not?
 

Van Slyke

New Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
1
0
Status
whipple said:
Well, after long hours of soul searching, gut feeling,evaluation of each program and off-course what whipple wants,this is what I certified for the match....

1.Loyola
2.Uni of maryland
3.Case western Reserves
4.UMDNJ-New brunswick
5.Wayne states/DMC
6.Thomas Jefferson
7.Temple
8.UMDNJ-Newark
9.Ohio states
10.SUNY Downstates
11.Boston Uni
12.Stony Brook

may the peace of God that passes through all understanding keep our hearts,souls and minds throughout these dark days. Hopefully the stars will line up for each member of this forum. I am very proud to be part of this journey and it was a honor to know some of you and to share my thoughts. I am scared but I guess that's natural. Good luck to you all.

-Whipple
I ranked Loyola as well, curious as to what about it left such an impression on you?
 

ice_23

Economics Monster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
1,208
1
37
NYC
Visit site
Status
blahblah said:
blade and gator...

don't feel like posting your lists? everything's done, so it can't hurt...
I think blade is still a first or second year (as am I). Kudos to the people who are posting though; really helps those of us early on in medical school to see your thought processes. :)

-Ice
 

hcj13

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2004
22
0
Status
1) UCSF
2) UCLA
3) UW
4) OHSU
5) USC
6) Cornell
7) Columbia
8) NYU
9) Brown
10) NWU
11) Case Western
12) UTSW
13) University of Maryland
14) Montefiore
15) Rush
16) Rochester
17) GWU

Good luck to all... am couples match so things are a little more complicated than the list above. hope to hear from you when the match results are posted
 

debvz

Wandering Spleen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
250
2
Status
Attending Physician
A little last minute switching, but here goes....

1. UAB
2. Baylor - Houston
3. U of Louisville
4. Emory
5. U of Kentucky
6. LSU - Shreveport
7. UT - Memphis
8. Texas A & M (Scott and White)
9. Univ of Oklahoma
10. Baylor - Dallas
11. UT - Knoxville
12. U of Mississippi
 

PFunkAllStar

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
22
0
Status
Hopkins
Michigan
Wash U
UCSF
Duke
Northwestern
Penn
MGH
Columbia
UVA

Good luck to everyone...
 

da shwam

New Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2003
2
0
Visit site
Status
1. Baylor - Houston
2. Emory
3. Mayo Clinic - Rochester
4. Cincinnati
5. UAB
6. NYU
7. UTSW
8. Ohio State
9. Boston U.
10. Univ. of Minnesota
11. UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson
12. Case Western
 

jackknife

New Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
1
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
1. BWH
2. MGH
3. BIDMC
4. BU
5. Lahey
6. Brown
7. Dartmouth
 

SteadyEddy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2004
159
0
Visit site
Status
OSU
Univ of Maryland
Mayo (Jax)
Columbia
Temple
Penn St.
EVMS
VCU
Carolinas Medical

Whaddup whaddup! March 17 will be here before we know it! I wish you all well...as long as that wellness doesn't encroach on my ability to match :)
 

Soon2BENT

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
155
0
39
New York, NY
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
debvz said:
A little last minute switching, but here goes....

1. UAB
2. Baylor - Houston
3. U of Louisville
4. Emory
5. U of Kentucky
6. LSU - Shreveport
7. UT - Memphis
8. Texas A & M (Scott and White)
9. Univ of Oklahoma
10. Baylor - Dallas
11. UT - Knoxville
12. U of Mississippi
Nice to see Louisville show up on here. My home school!!!
 

pabhu

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2004
5
0
Status
1. UCSF
2. Northwestern
3. UTSW
4. Emory
5. Cinncinati
6. MGH
7. Cornell
8. Wisconsin
9. BIDMC
10. Colorado
11. Baylor - Houston
12. U Chicago
13. UIC
14. Indiana
 

SocialistMD

Resident Objectivist
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2001
2,913
16
40
Oregon
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
pabhu said:
2. Northwestern
3. UTSW
This intrigues me. I interviewed at both of these programs and they are on the two polar ends of the residency spectrum; one is a posh, cush program in the heart of downtown Chicago's shopping district and the other is basically a county program in the middle of one of Dallas's less than stellar neighborhoods. I'm curious as to your reasoning behind it. I'm not trying to insult you, I really am interested to hear what about the two programs would make you rank them so close so high up on your list.

I would post my list, but a little thing called Murphy's law combined with its friend karma make me fear that if I post it, I will go unmatched. I'll post after match day when I know where I will be.
 

njsurgstu

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
11
0
Status
1. U Cinci
2. Yale
3. Cornell
4. Pitt
5. BIDMC
6. OSU
7. Georgetown
8. Cleveland clinic
 

pabhu

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2004
5
0
Status
SocialistMD said:
This intrigues me. I interviewed at both of these programs and they are on the two polar ends of the residency spectrum; one is a posh, cush program in the heart of downtown Chicago's shopping district and the other is basically a county program in the middle of one of Dallas's less than stellar neighborhoods. I'm curious as to your reasoning behind it. I'm not trying to insult you, I really am interested to hear what about the two programs would make you rank them so close so high up on your list.

I would post my list, but a little thing called Murphy's law combined with its friend karma make me fear that if I post it, I will go unmatched. I'll post after match day when I know where I will be.
Even though the environment of both programs are polar opposites i felt that both of them were pretty dedicated to education. I appreciated northwestern's commitment to rethinking the way that surgery residency is structured with the implementation of the apprentice rotations. UTSW is also known for their education. their conferences are supposed to be stellar. their skills lab is one of the best in the country. and then past that i enjoyed meeting both groups of residents. i ended up ranking Northwestern #2 because chicago is like a second home to me. I went to school up there, family is two hours away, i love the cubbies, etc. that was my rationale.

through it all i realized that there maybe no rhyme or rationale to how we all end up ranking places, and on the other hand i think programs probably are working the same way. everybody is just trying to trust their gut. hopefully karma is on our side.
 

SocialistMD

Resident Objectivist
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2001
2,913
16
40
Oregon
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
pabhu said:
...i felt that both of them were pretty dedicated to education. I appreciated northwestern's commitment to rethinking the way that surgery residency is structured with the implementation of the apprentice rotations. UTSW is also known for their education. their conferences are supposed to be stellar. their skills lab is one of the best in the country. and then past that i enjoyed meeting both groups of residents.
I can see all of that. Best of luck.
 

dell2004

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
25
0
Status
1. washu
2. u mich
3. duke
4. stanford
5. BWH
6. Penn
7. uva
8. u cinc
9. u pitt
10. ucsf
11. yale
12. baylor
 

fourthyear

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2002
449
4
Visit site
Status
I believe maybe 1/2 of these lists. Come on...some of you are listing 10 of the top programs and that's all. This is really not realistic. I think some of you are flat out lying and if you are truthful that this is your list...well, I hope for you these are realistic choices.

But for those of you yet to go through this match process - don't let these people make you think most of us can match on a list like these. There should be a few middle-teir and smaller/lesser well known programs in there too. Very few people can match with a rank list like these (heck, very few people can get interviews at all those places!) Surgery is really competetive these days and if anyone really beleives these are realistic rank lists - I call your bluff.

Really, I do wish you all the best, and I do see a few realistic-looking lists up here (with solid programs, but not exclusively mega-academic powerhouses), but please don't delude the med students and premeds into thinking some of these rank lists above are typical - they're not.
 

MDhunter

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2004
12
0
Visit site
Status
fourthyear said:
I believe maybe 1/2 of these lists. Come on...some of you are listing 10 of the top programs and that's all. This is really not realistic. I think some of you are flat out lying and if you are truthful that this is your list...well, I hope for you these are realistic choices.

But for those of you yet to go through this match process - don't let these people make you think most of us can match on a list like these. There should be a few middle-teir and smaller/lesser well known programs in there too. Very few people can match with a rank list like these (heck, very few people can get interviews at all those places!) Surgery is really competetive these days and if anyone really beleives these are realistic rank lists - I call your bluff.

Really, I do wish you all the best, and I do see a few realistic-looking lists up here (with solid programs, but not exclusively mega-academic powerhouses), but please don't delude the med students and premeds into thinking some of these rank lists above are typical - they're not.

In the words of a great man named Homer Simpson..."Jealous?"
 

txmhn

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
10
0
Status
1. UC - San Diego
2. UC - San Francisco
3. UC - Irvine
4. UC - Davis
5. UCLA
6. Santa Barbara Cottage
7. UF - Gainesville
8. Yale
9. Hopkins
10. Mayo - Scottsdale
11. Mayo - Jacksonville
12. Mayo - Rochester
13. Emory
14. Cornell
15. OU - Tulsa
16. St. Joseph - Houston
17. Texas A&M
 

SteadyEddy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2004
159
0
Visit site
Status
Instead of whining and complaining about other people's rank lists...just post yours and be done with it.
fourthyear said:
I believe maybe 1/2 of these lists. Come on...some of you are listing 10 of the top programs and that's all. This is really not realistic. I think some of you are flat out lying and if you are truthful that this is your list...well, I hope for you these are realistic choices.

But for those of you yet to go through this match process - don't let these people make you think most of us can match on a list like these. There should be a few middle-teir and smaller/lesser well known programs in there too. Very few people can match with a rank list like these (heck, very few people can get interviews at all those places!) Surgery is really competetive these days and if anyone really beleives these are realistic rank lists - I call your bluff.

Really, I do wish you all the best, and I do see a few realistic-looking lists up here (with solid programs, but not exclusively mega-academic powerhouses), but please don't delude the med students and premeds into thinking some of these rank lists above are typical - they're not.
 

shahkg

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
85
0
Status
fourthyear said:
I believe maybe 1/2 of these lists. Come on...some of you are listing 10 of the top programs and that's all. This is really not realistic. I think some of you are flat out lying and if you are truthful that this is your list...well, I hope for you these are realistic choices.

But for those of you yet to go through this match process - don't let these people make you think most of us can match on a list like these. There should be a few middle-teir and smaller/lesser well known programs in there too. Very few people can match with a rank list like these (heck, very few people can get interviews at all those places!) Surgery is really competetive these days and if anyone really beleives these are realistic rank lists - I call your bluff.

Really, I do wish you all the best, and I do see a few realistic-looking lists up here (with solid programs, but not exclusively mega-academic powerhouses), but please don't delude the med students and premeds into thinking some of these rank lists above are typical - they're not.
I think that the people that are listing their ROL's are very proud of their interviews/lists, and therefore what to show everyone. Hell I would be gloating too.

But for me, and the MAJORITY of 4th years, we have places like Nassau U. and Brooklyn hospital in our rank list. Who cares dude, as long as I get a spot. Good luck to everybody.
 

dell2004

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
25
0
Status
By no means am I trying to "get off" on posting my list or trying to gloat. I'm just posting my list for the heck of it and to see where other people are applying / what they think as well. It's a real list (believe it or not) and as I'm sure many who have been to these programs can attest - Most people who get interviews to these programs get interviews at most of the "top academic programs." It's a pure numbers game until the point of the interview (for the most part).

I can attest however, that happiness/"competence"/technical ability at any of these programs is independent issue of many community/lesser known university programs. These programs are good for people who want to be future chairs / be in a great research environment. There has been no program I went to where I found everything I wanted or was a bastion of academic enlightenment.

There have been multiple threads on this topic....in the end most hope to go somewhere you like, will be a good surgeon. Good luck to everyone in 2 weeks.
 

shahkg

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
85
0
Status
:love:

Its all good people, we're all in the same boat. :D
 

Soon2BENT

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
155
0
39
New York, NY
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Could some people tell me some things about Boston University General Surgery? I'm thinking of an away there for my 4th year. Thanks
 

UHS2005_2

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
28
0
Visit site
Status
1. New Hanover Regional - Wilmington Nc
2. St Elizabeths - youngstown Oh
3. Western Care Reserve - Youngstown Oh
4. SUNY Upstate - Syracuse Ny
5. SummaHealth - Akron Oh
6. Akron General - Akron Oh
7. Stamford Conneticut
8. Fairview - Cleveland Oh

Now thats a rank order list that is sans top tier...truth is i have no motivation to go to a snooty university program...id rather operate.
 

MDhunter

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2004
12
0
Visit site
Status
UHS2005_2 said:
Now thats a rank order list that is sans top tier...truth is i have no motivation to go to a snooty university program...id rather operate.
Yeah, you're right those guys at MGH and Hopkins have no clue what they are doing and just sit around drinking tea and eating crumpets...
 

passlineandodds

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2003
54
0
Visit site
Status
it is true that dell2004 has a great list, but s/he is probably not deluding or lying to anyone. to have a list like dell2004, med students and premeds should shoot for the following: AOA, great board scores (step 1>250), and solid letters of rec. if you have those 3 things and some activities on your resume that show you are not a robot, chances are you will be coveted by the top general surgery programs. believe it or not, there are applicants out there with those stats. they're not as rare as you think.

finally, there probably is a bias towards people posting hot $hit lists. it's like that whole idea of publications bias; you're not going to put something out there if it's crap. if your top choice is bumblefuk u., chances are you probably do not want to share that with the rest of world and you'll keep it to yourself. if your top choice is harvard, you might be more inclined to do some chest thumping and post it.

anyways, that's my take. it will probably piss a few people off but i could care less. the more posts i read on here, the more i realize that the people who post on here regularly are probably not people i want to be alongside in the trenches. take that however you want. i'm out...

fourthyear said:
I believe maybe 1/2 of these lists. Come on...some of you are listing 10 of the top programs and that's all. This is really not realistic. I think some of you are flat out lying and if you are truthful that this is your list...well, I hope for you these are realistic choices.

But for those of you yet to go through this match process - don't let these people make you think most of us can match on a list like these. There should be a few middle-teir and smaller/lesser well known programs in there too. Very few people can match with a rank list like these (heck, very few people can get interviews at all those places!) Surgery is really competetive these days and if anyone really beleives these are realistic rank lists - I call your bluff.

Really, I do wish you all the best, and I do see a few realistic-looking lists up here (with solid programs, but not exclusively mega-academic powerhouses), but please don't delude the med students and premeds into thinking some of these rank lists above are typical - they're not.
 

SteadyEddy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2004
159
0
Visit site
Status
Interpretation..."Dang, I wish I would've done better on the boards!" Your nonsensical remarks are the equivalent of someone saying, "I don't wanna play in the NBA...I'd rather play high school." Nothing to take way from community surgeons...but they contribute very little to the advancement of the field of surgery. It is a simple point that many of the most skilled surgeons came out of the eastern academic programs...especially Hopkins and Harvard. One of the best pediatric neurosurgeons ever was at Hopkins...you know the name. What about the father of American surgery? In closing...please keep your poorly informed useless tripe to yourself. :eek:
UHS2005_2 said:
1. New Hanover Regional - Wilmington Nc
2. St Elizabeths - youngstown Oh
3. Western Care Reserve - Youngstown Oh
4. SUNY Upstate - Syracuse Ny
5. SummaHealth - Akron Oh
6. Akron General - Akron Oh
7. Stamford Conneticut
8. Fairview - Cleveland Oh

Now thats a rank order list that is sans top tier...truth is i have no motivation to go to a snooty university program...id rather operate.
 

tom_jones

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2004
109
5
Status
passlineandodds said:
the more posts i read on here, the more i realize that the people who post on here regularly are probably not people i want to be alongside in the trenches....


Excluding Kinetic, of course
 

PFunkAllStar

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
22
0
Status
SteadyEddy said:
Interpretation..."Dang, I wish I would've done better on the boards!" Your nonsensical remarks are the equivalent of someone saying, "I don't wanna play in the NBA...I'd rather play high school." Nothing to take way from community surgeons...but they contribute very little to the advancement of the field of surgery. It is a simple point that many of the most skilled surgeons came out of the eastern academic programs...especially Hopkins and Harvard. One of the best pediatric neurosurgeons ever was at Hopkins...you know the name. What about the father of American surgery? In closing...please keep your poorly informed useless tripe to yourself. :eek:
Could not have said it better myself...
 

GreatSaphenous

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
123
0
Visit site
Status
SteadyEddy said:
Interpretation..."Dang, I wish I would've done better on the boards!" Your nonsensical remarks are the equivalent of someone saying, "I don't wanna play in the NBA...I'd rather play high school." Nothing to take way from community surgeons...but they contribute very little to the advancement of the field of surgery. It is a simple point that many of the most skilled surgeons came out of the eastern academic programs...especially Hopkins and Harvard. One of the best pediatric neurosurgeons ever was at Hopkins...you know the name. What about the father of American surgery? In closing...please keep your poorly informed useless tripe to yourself. :eek:
I really don't want to contribute to the escalation of this topic, but in all fairness we do have to thank the community surgeons for laproscopy. I certainly wouldn't call that contributing very little.

I am the GreatSaphenous!!!
 

Amy

15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2001
1,002
3
40
Las Vegas, NV
Status
Attending Physician
I knew this thread was a bad idea from the moment I opened it. There's really no need to argue about which programs are better, who has the most impressive list, etc. This can only lead to bad things. :eek:

Good luck to everyone next week. :luck:
 

jmattwilson

Slacker Unlimited
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2003
178
0
40
Wrong side of the tracks
Visit site
Status
My list contains a few top notchs and a few obscure universities and two good communities.
 

UHS2005_2

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
28
0
Visit site
Status
I expected that type of comment from the some of the posters in the surg forum. We dont all aspire to practice academic medicine and i think there are not enough people posting that actually want to go to a community program. There are pluses and minuses to both, that has been debated before. It just discourages some people when they read that mgh, yale, bi, etc are pretty much on all of your lists in some form or another. So people dont want to post that they are going to little old community program in iowa because someone will flame them for the decision they made. I could care less what you think my reasons are for picking community programs because i will help and save people from day 1 and you wont be doing it until your research and scut is done.



SteadyEddy said:
Interpretation..."Dang, I wish I would've done better on the boards!" Your nonsensical remarks are the equivalent of someone saying, "I don't wanna play in the NBA...I'd rather play high school." Nothing to take way from community surgeons...but they contribute very little to the advancement of the field of surgery. It is a simple point that many of the most skilled surgeons came out of the eastern academic programs...especially Hopkins and Harvard. One of the best pediatric neurosurgeons ever was at Hopkins...you know the name. What about the father of American surgery? In closing...please keep your poorly informed useless tripe to yourself. :eek:
 

SteadyEddy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2004
159
0
Visit site
Status
I think that you're completely missing my point. What I had to say was in response to another poster whom made it seem as though the main thrust of academic medicine is the pompous attitude. I have respect for all physicians...it's just frustrating to hear people make comments like..."I'll help save people from day one"...right and what I'll be doing is drawing IV's all day. Again read the remainder of my post. I don't think that too many people can argue the fact that community surgeons contribute fairly little to the field of surgery. I have made no comments about skill or any of the like. Let's just keep it real. You must admit that it is impressive to see lists like Retractor/Passline/Pfunk and others. I look forward to being a colleague of people that have the option of training at some of the oldest and most revered surgery programs in the country.
UHS2005_2 said:
I expected that type of comment from the some of the posters in the surg forum. We dont all aspire to practice academic medicine and i think there are not enough people posting that actually want to go to a community program. There are pluses and minuses to both, that has been debated before. It just discourages some people when they read that mgh, yale, bi, etc are pretty much on all of your lists in some form or another. So people dont want to post that they are going to little old community program in iowa because someone will flame them for the decision they made. I could care less what you think my reasons are for picking community programs because i will help and save people from day 1 and you wont be doing it until your research and scut is done.
 

shahkg

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
85
0
Status
Hey Moderator,

This thread needs to die. Enough already, this is stupid.
 

Sir Jun

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
32
0
Status
yeah, somehow this thread turned into smelly logorrhea.

and only a few people have actually posted their ROL's. i thought it was interesting to see how people would rank different programs, purely from a point of curiosity.

instead a war of words was started. very disappointing.

are people afraid to post their lists or something? the interview lists thread saw a lot of good posting. why is this thread so different?
 

GSorBust

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
6
0
Status
In EVERY other forum on this site, people have posted their ROLs without problem. In some sections, there are nearly a hundred separate rank lists posted. Only in this forum (surgery) does a good idea denegrate into name calling and hostility. Grow up people.
 

hcj13

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2004
22
0
Status
After reading this blood bath. Whether people will have the good faith to share their match results after St. Patty's. I really hope so. There were some nice people I met along the interview trail, and as my chair said when I interviewed with him "This is a great time in your life, I met some great people when I interviewed."

You know, since no one had listed their rols. After match, we can all say that we got our #1!!!. NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW
 
OP
B

blahblah

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
5
0
Baltimore
Status
I don't know why people are so secretive about their ROLs. Many 4th years have PM'd me with questions about my list but for some reason did not decide to post their own. C'mon people...just post your top 3 then.
 

hcj13

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2004
22
0
Status
Personally I think there is too much emphasis on "matching well". Which meant you have to match one of your top 3, otherwise you did a poor job ranking them. Nevertheless, I will jump off the face of the earth if I match at anyone of my top 8~9. My gf will debate how she wants warmer weather and want us to couple match higher though.

Because of that reason, most people are shy of posting their rol. I think the same also make people rank "safe" programs higher on their rank list because they got love from the PD.

I promise to everyone that posted their rols that I won't go back to see if you matched your #1st or #21st. (wait and see that is what will happen to me - matching at my last choice [god, the bad karma that flashed before my eyes.... urgh.])

it is all said and done. be happy and post your rols.....
 

dry dre

All hat, no cattle
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2003
379
8
Status
Attending Physician
blahblah said:
I don't know why people are so secretive about their ROLs. Many 4th years have PM'd me with questions about my list but for some reason did not decide to post their own. C'mon people...just post your top 3 then.
Calling your bluff: To remain consistent with your ideal of transparency, please post your name on here to accompany your list.

Not holding my breath....
 

turdferg

New Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
3
0
Status
My rank list. I don't expect anyone to know how or why I ranked things the way I did. Mostly because I don't know why myself.

1. UNC-Chapel Hill
2. Roanoke, VA
3. East Tenn State
4. U Kentucky
5. Wilmington, NC
6. Greenville, SC
7. U South Florida
8. Baylor Dallas
9. U Tenn- Knoxville
10. MCG
11. U Tx - Southwestern
12. U Tenn- Chat
13. U Miss
14. U Arkansas
15. Mercer - Savannah

Good luck to all.