Career Change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UT_VOL_17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

On here seeking advice from anyone that may have found podiatry after they were set in their career. Currently, I am working as a physical therapists and am looking to transition into podiatry. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but am looking to do so in the next year. I also am looking to take Organic as well. Another question that I have is I notice a lot of school's want two English courses. I didn't do great in my first one freshman year, but am wondering since I did well in my DPT program is it worth retaking a non-science course. I'm 27 and am wanting to apply soon so that I am not too old (being facetious) when I apply.

Members don't see this ad.

If you did well in PT school, I'm sure you'll do fine with the DPM curriculum. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
If you’re already a PT schools would love you especially Scholl since they have DPT here. I’m sure you can handle it and the schools will know that. Interesting career change.. can I ask why?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you’re already a PT schools would love you especially Scholl since they have DPT here. I’m sure you can handle it and the schools will know that. Interesting career change.. can I ask why?
Thanks for the response. I am looking to change for several reasons. I always wanted to do surgery or more complex work and am starting to feel settled with rehab and not finding myself too happy. Also insurance struggles and trends are not looking too bright which affects income potential.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the response. I am looking to change for several reasons. I always wanted to do surgery or more complex work and am starting to feel settled with rehab and not finding myself too happy. Also insurance struggles and trends are not looking too bright which affects income potential.

Ahh I see. Honestly even with a bad MCat like 490 and below I couldn’t see why any school wouldn’t really like you as an applicant. History of doing well in hard programs are definitely the most important factor let alone a DPT. If it’s really what you want to go into the door is open for you.

I can relate as I like physical therapy and heavily considered but finically and limits of what I could do as a DPT ultimately took me to podiatry.

As long as you are in the process of applying and finishing your prereqs (not too sure about the English situation) and a decent GPA apply this opening cycle IMO