-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Caribbean fall 2016 applicants!!
Started by rockatiel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats on the interview invite. I didn't know Ross had a supplemental application. Did they email it to you after submitting?I decided to apply to Ross as well. I'm still working on their supplemental app. I turned in my VMCAS app for them on 9/2/15, and I just received an interview invite this morning. My first offer!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! 🙂
I guess I'm not sure if they call it a supplemental, but they do have an additional application through their website. I was emailed about it after submitting. It's pretty simple, just entering information and an additional 300 word essay. But I'm not sure if submitting the VMCAS application alone would be sufficient? Does any one know?
I guess I'm not sure if they call it a supplemental, but they do have an additional application through their website. I was emailed about it after submitting. It's pretty simple, just entering information and an additional 300 word essay. But I'm not sure if submitting the VMCAS application alone would be sufficient? Does any one know?
Thanks! 🙂
I guess I'm not sure if they call it a supplemental, but they do have an additional application through their website. I was emailed about it after submitting. It's pretty simple, just entering information and an additional 300 word essay. But I'm not sure if submitting the VMCAS application alone would be sufficient? Does any one know?
On the website it said that if you submitted your application thru VMCAS you don't need to fill out the supplement.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
The schools actually receive your application when you submit, not after verification. The Carib schools in particular seem to look at them as soon as they receive them rather than waiting.I uploaded a resume. I only submitted through VMCAS.. and my VMCAS isn't even done w/ the verification process, so I'm not sure how they were able to offer me an invite still.
idk if its still this way, but they used to have a committee that met 1-2x per month to review all current appsThe schools actually receive your application when you submit, not after verification. The Carib schools in particular seem to look at them as soon as they receive them rather than waiting.
Ok so I nearly died just now. I got an email from Ross saying "thanks for your interest" but it was just to say that they received an app file, but not an app. BUT I applied through VMCAS and sent off my GRE, so they also said not to worry and don't submit anything else. So more sitting tight. Does this sound like the normal process? My VMCAS was just verified
I got an e-mail from Ross saying my application was received October 10th...but still waiting for the interview e-mail!
Ross said it would probably be a few weeks still
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been quite the whirlwind for me... Interview with Ross, *Accepted!!!* to the vet prep program, rejection letter from SGU then file review and moved app up to January class, then I just got an interview for SGU's foundation semester! I'd go to SGU over Ross so cross your fingers my interview goes well! Their foundation program is twice as hard as Ross's prep but it'll be way more like actual 1st semester that way and they refund your tuition if you don't pass, which is nice lol 🙂 🙂
I am actually starting the Vet Foundation Program at SGU come January! Good luck! Hopefully we can be class mates 🙂Been quite the whirlwind for me... Interview with Ross, *Accepted!!!* to the vet prep program, rejection letter from SGU then file review and moved app up to January class, then I just got an interview for SGU's foundation semester! I'd go to SGU over Ross so cross your fingers my interview goes well! Their foundation program is twice as hard as Ross's prep but it'll be way more like actual 1st semester that way and they refund your tuition if you don't pass, which is nice lol 🙂 🙂
Ross said it would probably be a few weeks still
Ughahhuhuhghuhgh
Ross keeps sending me adverts to apply to their vet program. smh. i already did you guys!
Been quite the whirlwind for me... Interview with Ross, *Accepted!!!* to the vet prep program, rejection letter from SGU then file review and moved app up to January class, then I just got an interview for SGU's foundation semester! I'd go to SGU over Ross so cross your fingers my interview goes well! Their foundation program is twice as hard as Ross's prep but it'll be way more like actual 1st semester that way and they refund your tuition if you don't pass, which is nice lol 🙂 🙂
lol what kind of evidence do you have to stake that claim?
Course layout for Ross prep: clinical applications, medical math and intro to pharm, intro to microbiology, cell phys, transition to vet student life, vet terms and writing, case based learning.
Courses for SGU Foundation: biomedical anatomy, comparative physiology, microbiology, biochem, learning strategies, intro to vet science. (Plus have to pass with 3.0 and pass a final comprehensive exam and then get recommended, not instant in)
This is from emails to me for acceptance to Ross' and interview invite to SGU's. To me, Ross's program seems to have a lot more "intro" and SGU is simply more thick courses. Simply my opinion but there is the evidence =P
Edit: If you were in Ross' prep I'd love to hear more about it btw! That is still the place I've been accepted so as far as I'm concerned for right now, I'm going there!
Courses for SGU Foundation: biomedical anatomy, comparative physiology, microbiology, biochem, learning strategies, intro to vet science. (Plus have to pass with 3.0 and pass a final comprehensive exam and then get recommended, not instant in)
This is from emails to me for acceptance to Ross' and interview invite to SGU's. To me, Ross's program seems to have a lot more "intro" and SGU is simply more thick courses. Simply my opinion but there is the evidence =P
Edit: If you were in Ross' prep I'd love to hear more about it btw! That is still the place I've been accepted so as far as I'm concerned for right now, I'm going there!
Last edited:
That's not evidence, it's course titles and a lot of assumptions being made. Until you find someone who has done both prep programs I don't think it's really fair to be saying that SGU's prep is "twice as hard" as Ross's. Not that in the grand scheme of things it really matters (and I think it's silly to compare the two to be honest) but I just don't like inaccurate info being tossed around. Yes, I did Ross's vet prep program. At the time I found it challenging but I had poor study skills and had taken a gap year so getting back into the swing of things was tough. It was no where near what my 1st semester was like information/difficulty wise but it definitely prepared me well and in many aspects I felt I had a leg up over classmates who didn't do vet prep. Feel free to PM me with any questions about it and good luck with your SGU interview!
When I read the different courses I guess I just feel SGU's looks harder, not meaning to take anything away from Ross for sure. I also had poor study habits in undergrad so I am eager to have the prep opportunity to hone those skills no matter which of the two I end up at! I think part of my assumption SGU is harder is just because of the detail they go into about needing the 3.0 to even pass it. Ross didn't mention that or a test at the end the, so pressure just seems higher with SGU. Was there a cumulative test for Ross? Could you get a C in one of the classes and still move on to 1st semester?
I think sgu foundations is similar in info and difficulty to term 1 from what I've been told by those who have done it
I have looked at every Ross related thread possible... What type of interview questions do they ask? I just was notified today of my interview in exactly 1 week.
Congrats on the interview! When did you submit?
Yeah I had my SGU interview 2 weeks ago. Still waiting on Ross though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten an interview from Ross? I'm still waiting.
I'm also still waiting. I've emailed them yet again, and they said to keep waiting.
Does everyone else keep getting ads from Ross telling you to apply? I'm like, I already did and you guys won't respond.
I still get ads from Ross and st Matthews and I've already graduated hahaDoes everyone else keep getting ads from Ross telling you to apply? I'm like, I already did and you guys won't respond.
Yesterday I was accepted to Ross for May 2016!!!! So excited! 🙂 Good luck to you all! Hope to see you there!
Has anyone heard anything or had any contact with Ross lately? I have yet to hear anything about an interview. Seems like they're taking their sweet time this year. Maybe I'm just impatient.
I applied to Ross with VMCAS and submitted 9/14. I heard back about an interview early November and scheduled my interview for Nov 23.Has anyone heard anything or had any contact with Ross lately? I have yet to hear anything about an interview. Seems like they're taking their sweet time this year. Maybe I'm just impatient.
I haven't heard back either 🙁 I also submitted with VMCAS 9/14. I e-mailed them last week and they said to be patient
I emailed on Nov 30th, and was told they just finished January and May 2016 applications and will be moving onto September applications shortly.
Yeah, I submitted on 9/14 to Ross as well through VMCAS. I emailed a while ago and they just said to continue to be patient/wait for them. Yay! I'm glad they are starting to get a move on them though!
Z
Zenya2017
Any fall applicants hear back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any fall applicants hear back yet?
I haven't! But I'm trying to remember that they're getting a new class settled (January) and will probably get a move on us after that point, especially those that applied through VMCAS. If I hadn't heard from my two American schools, I'd be going stir crazy right now.
Z
Zenya2017
I have interviews at 4 schools, but I'd really just like to know I'm at least in somewhere! I don't have nearly enough patience for this process lol.
Yes, I actually just got accepted today!! My best friend hasn't even gotten an interview invitation yet, I am really hoping for her sake and for everyone else who is a fall 2016 applicant that hasn't heard anything that Ross is just being really slow this year.Any fall applicants hear back yet?
They are still going through applications- I got an e-mail a few days ago saying that they had finished processing my VMCAS & would be "contacted accordingly regarding the next step in the admission process". So hopefully that means that the rest of the fall applicants will be hearing from them soon!
Yeah, I just sent in some form that I had to electronically sign. Still waiting on everything else from Ross.
