Caribbean medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S260

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Trinity School of Medicine in the Caribbean? Any current students?

Members don't see this ad.

Honest people, good place. They know what they are doing. Very low attrition and high match rate, they also have a clinical spot for every student admitted. The guy who runs the place was the dean at Mercer's Medical School for a long time and so they have good experience with the US Med School structure and try to be upfront about things the same way a US school would be. These people will not try to trick you, unlike some other Caribbean Med Schools. They are good Christian people. The new dean of students recently redesigned the curriculum at a medical school in Kansas City and really improved the situation there as well as step 1 scores. Administrative culture there is really superb. Teaching quality is good. Students are happy and seem like good people. The only tricky part is funding the education. If you have a cosigner with good credit, you shouldn't have any problems. The same goes for if you do not have any undergraduate or graduate loans debt.

Honest people, good place. They know what they are doing. Very low attrition and high match rate, they also have a clinical spot for every student admitted. The guy who runs the place was the dean at Mercer's Medical School for a long time and so they have good experience with the US Med School structure and try to be upfront about things the same way a US school would be. These people will not try to trick you, unlike some other Caribbean Med Schools. They are good Christian people. The new dean of students recently redesigned the curriculum at a medical school in Kansas City and really improved the situation there as well as step 1 scores. Administrative culture there is really superb. Teaching quality is good. Students are happy and seem like good people. The only tricky part is funding the education. If you have a cosigner with good credit, you shouldn't have any problems. The same goes for if you do not have any undergraduate or graduate loans debt.

Thanks for the information. What is your relation with this school? Are you a student there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Afternoon all, American International School of Medicine in Guyana with hospitals in US, UK etc is where my son went. Did well scored high on step 1 and 2 and is in fellowship. Believe they have been around for 20 years now. Most schools in Carib are ok as long as they last longer than 10 years have USMLE PLAB etc permissions. Loans are helpful as well. these guys have OSAP for canadian students. Anyway just my 2 cents. if you want to talk let me no.
With this kind of lack of attention to detail to basic grammar while claiming to be an attending physician I assess this as a scam account and post. Reported, blocked.

With this kind of lack of attention to detail to basic grammar while claiming to be an attending physician I assess this as a scam account and post. Reported, blocked.
I get the feeling like these accounts are just secretly Carribean ADCOMS replying back to each other.

STAY THE **** AWAY. Lots of horror stories from Trinity in specific. Likely shill accounts posting here.