Caribbean Schools - Post Applied/Accepted Ratio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schandan13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for SGU, Ross, AUC, and SABA???
(not including the interviews...cuz thats more like 1 in 2/3)

Members don't see this ad.

ok..i'll be happy to share.

i applied to SGU, Ross, AUC, and SABA. I got accepted to AUC first (right at the end of my phone interview), then Saba a few weeks later also after the phone interview, and then got accepted to Ross like 3 or 4 weeks after the interview, which was after i got accepted to AUC and SABA so I wasn't really nervous cause I knew I would at least go some where, and then got accepted to SGU about a week after being accepted to Ross, but 4 weeks after the interview. However, the lady who interviewed me at SGU said that I was pretty much accepted and that it would take 4 weeks to officially get the paperwork ready cause they had to process it all and what not..
I also applied to MUA cause I really had no clue and felt that applying to only 4 schools wasn't enough.. unfortunately, I didn't hear fro MUA at all, not a rejection letter or a phone call or even an email. They just cashed my application check and that was it...But since I got accepted to all these other schools i didn't even bother calling them or emailing them.

so i was 4 out of 5 for both interviews and acceptances.

Hope this helps.

ok..i'll be happy to share.

i applied to SGU, Ross, AUC, and SABA. I got accepted to AUC first (right at the end of my phone interview), then Saba a few weeks later also after the phone interview, and then got accepted to Ross like 3 or 4 weeks after the interview, which was after i got accepted to AUC and SABA so I wasn't really nervous cause I knew I would at least go some where, and then got accepted to SGU about a week after being accepted to Ross, but 4 weeks after the interview. However, the lady who interviewed me at SGU said that I was pretty much accepted and that it would take 4 weeks to officially get the paperwork ready cause they had to process it all and what not..
I also applied to MUA cause I really had no clue and felt that applying to only 4 schools wasn't enough.. unfortunately, I didn't hear fro MUA at all, not a rejection letter or a phone call or even an email. They just cashed my application check and that was it...But since I got accepted to all these other schools i didn't even bother calling them or emailing them.

so i was 4 out of 5 for both interviews and acceptances.

Hope this helps.

i am pretty sure you were a strong applicant....so then, do all strong applicants get in? sgu lists that it receives 1700 applications and 400 of those make it. thats 1 in 4. how can this mean that its tough to get in?
saba , i read somewhere, gets 3000 applications !!! for 75 spots....? now thats competitive. so is it 1 in 2 for sgu or 1 in 6/7/8...?

Members don't see this ad :)
it's not hard to get into those schools. that's why they're carib schools no i wasn't a strong applicant.. Ross for example will offer an acceptance to almost everyone.. many have other ways to get into the med program like doing an MPH or MERP or taking someother class to "prove" yourself to the school. And yes those stats are correct.. SGU has about 8 or 9 applicants for each spot, but that doesn't mean anything cause most of those will have really low gpa's or really low mcats and will automatically get thrown out.

it's a lot less competitive then US schools.

I applied to Ross and SGU. Got accepted to Ross 4 weeks after the interview, and SGU 3 weeks after the interview (i.e. got both calls in the same day: SGU 9am and Ross 9pm). Aplied to AUC - 2 weeks after the Ross interview and 1 week after the SGU because I was having panic attacks :D but did not finish forwarding all the documents, they keep calling me even though I told them I was accepted somewhere else.

hey guys
what were ur stats?

I think SGU claims that they accept only have 1 spot for every 8 applicant. But inevitably they accept more people because not all of them come down to SGU once accepted, so I think they accept 1 out of every 4 applicants.

I think SGU claims that they accept only have 1 spot for every 8 applicant. But inevitably they accept more people because not all of them come down to SGU once accepted, so I think they accept 1 out of every 4 applicants.

I heard SGU deans say that they have 8 or 9 applicants per spot.. never heard them say how many applicants get accepted. but you're correct every university not just SGU but also undergrad universities too accept a lot more people than they have room for simply because not everyone will end up going there.