Carolinas Medical Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slim shanie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who has rotated here-or know of someone who did- have any opinions one way or the other about this program? The program seemed strong and I enjoyed meeting the few faculty and residents that I did but was a little turned off by the fact that I met only one intern. Thought this was a possible red flag...

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone who has rotated here-or know of someone who did- have any opinions one way or the other about this program? The program seemed strong and I enjoyed meeting the few faculty and residents that I did but was a little turned off by the fact that I met only one intern. Thought this was a possible red flag...

hey, i think it's a good program, i didn't interview there, but now that i think back, most of my interviews i only met a few of the interns, bc i think the timing was bad or too busy, but they gave me all of the residents emails though, and told me if i had further questions about intern year, just email the interns..

Carolinas Medical Center?? In Charlotte? I'm shocked you met only one. I chose not to go there, but when we went out to dinner, there were easily at least 8-10 people there from all the levels, but largely the interns. Maybe they changed things for this year. They actually seemed like a fun loving bunch. But still hard-working, diverse group (VERY diverse, one of the things I liked about it). I know one of the interns there now, and another one who is in their rural program (but does intern year in Charlotte with the rest of them) - and they're both great people! :)