Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Carolinas Medical Center

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by slim shanie, Feb 16, 2007.

1. slim shanie

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Does anyone who has rotated here-or know of someone who did- have any opinions one way or the other about this program? The program seemed strong and I enjoyed meeting the few faculty and residents that I did but was a little turned off by the fact that I met only one intern. Thought this was a possible red flag...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. marshmallows

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey, i think it's a good program, i didn't interview there, but now that i think back, most of my interviews i only met a few of the interns, bc i think the timing was bad or too busy, but they gave me all of the residents emails though, and told me if i had further questions about intern year, just email the interns..

3. Anath

Anath Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Carolinas Medical Center?? In Charlotte? I'm shocked you met only one. I chose not to go there, but when we went out to dinner, there were easily at least 8-10 people there from all the levels, but largely the interns. Maybe they changed things for this year. They actually seemed like a fun loving bunch. But still hard-working, diverse group (VERY diverse, one of the things I liked about it). I know one of the interns there now, and another one who is in their rural program (but does intern year in Charlotte with the rest of them) - and they're both great people! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...