CARS Practice Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScrubswithnoSleeves

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I'm testing on May 19th and have run through all of Kaplan's practice passages and most of the AAMC CARS questions pack 1. I was not a fan of the CARS QP1 because the passages were unrealistically short and almost all of the passages were only 5 questions. Looking at QP2, I'm seeing the same trend. Sifting through the threads, it seems like most people are recommending TPR and EK101 books, but I'm not going to use a book to prep for a computerized test, it just doesn't translate for me.

Anyhoser, are there any companies that offer test like interface CARS practice passages that you guys would recommend or have heard of?

Members don't see this ad.

I used Princeton Review's CARS practice but through the course they offer. One thing I can say is do not focus much on the number of questions and more so on how much questions you get right and what type of questions you struggle with ( mine were inference questions and I got over that by reading a bit slower and not speed through a passage). Also, from my experience, I feel that CARS is very much a strategy section, so trial and error helps out a lot in this respect.
I had the same issue with CARS books thinking it wouldn't help with an online exam. However, it was a place I can practice my strategy with and to see if I still got some types of questions wrong and tried to remedy that. The concept is the same, the only thing different is the program on the computer or it being on paper.