CAS application help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnieBlue

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a ton of questions, so here goes.

1) What format do you use under the "Public Service and Activities" portion? Bullet points? Paragraphs? What order should it be in- ie reverse chronological or chronological order?

2) Do I go back to undergrad? I have two kids at home, so I've had very little time for much "Public Service and Activities" since I've started med school.

3) Does the "Public Service and Activities" section NOT include ophthalmology related activities? These seem to fall under "specialty electives and related activities." For example, volunteering at a community glaucoma screening falls under which heading?

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a ton of questions, so here goes.

1) What format do you use under the "Public Service and Activities" portion? Bullet points? Paragraphs? What order should it be in- ie reverse chronological or chronological order?

2) Do I go back to undergrad? I have two kids at home, so I've had very little time for much "Public Service and Activities" since I've started med school.

3) Does the "Public Service and Activities" section NOT include ophthalmology related activities? These seem to fall under "specialty electives and related activities." For example, volunteering at a community glaucoma screening falls under which heading?

1) People do it all sorts of ways. On the other side, I can tell you that I prefer bullets, because it's easier to look over quickly, but that's personal opinion. As for order, I prefer most recent first, but I don't think it makes a huge difference.

2) Some people include things from undergrad, some don't. It sort of depends on how much you have in there.

3) You can include it under either. The standard approach to "the game" is to put it into whichever category is generally weaker.