Case/CCLCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has everyone receiving an interview at Case received an interview at CCLCM as well? Or the reverse. Is it both or none, or have some people received just one?

Members don't see this ad.

You may get one, both, or neither.

In fact, you may also get accepted to one, both, or neither. Some have gotten into Case but not lerner, or lerner, but not case.

exmike said:
You may get one, both, or neither.

In fact, you may also get accepted to one, both, or neither. Some have gotten into Case but not lerner, or lerner, but not case.

People got into lerner and not case?

Members don't see this ad :)
exmike said:
yup, i know there is one for sure.

Hmmm, that is a little discomfiting. I wonder if the two schools have discussions over "which" school they're going to let the person into? It's likely.

In that case, I'm thinking I may need to withdraw from whichever of the two schools I decide I like less...

leechy said:
Hmmm, that is a little discomfiting. I wonder if the two schools have discussions over "which" school they're going to let the person into? It's likely.

In that case, I'm thinking I may need to withdraw from whichever of the two schools I decide I like less...

Nah, he also said he had heard of people getting accepted to both. I assume they would give you the option if both programs wanted to accept you.

YzIa said:
Has everyone receiving an interview at Case received an interview at CCLCM as well? Or the reverse. Is it both or none, or have some people received just one?

i get the impression that if you've applied to both and you get an interview at one school, it's pretty likely that you'll get an interview at the other. now, acceptance is obviously completely different. in any case, everyone at my cclcm interview last year also had an interview at case (me being the exception - i didn't apply to case). the dean asked "so, when do you all have your case interviews?" he seemed surprised when i said i didn't have one and then he was like, "oh, so you didn't apply then?" the only thing i can think of that would definitely preclude you from getting a cclcm when you have a case interview is if you have no research experience (an essential criterion for cclcm). also, cclcm can probably rely less on case this year in terms of admission because they've gone through once now and they know a lot more about the applicants. that's just what i'm guessing, at least. so, good luck with that.

Evo(the mod) posted that he called the admissions office in August and they told him that they have 250 interview slots, so I assume a good number of Case interviewees will not be interviewming at CCLCM, assuming that most appllied to both and that Case interviews many applicants.

YzIa said:
Evo(the mod) posted that he called the admissions office in August and they told him that they have 250 interview slots, so I assume a good number of Case interviewees will not be interviewming at CCLCM, assuming that most appllied to both and that Case interviews many applicants.

yeah, that's a good point - i think last year they had around 600 applicants and interviewed about 200 for the class of 32. they mentioned the exact numbers in a letter, i'll have to try and dig that up. i think they also mentioned that they expect the applicant numbers to double for this year. if you guys get the chance to interview there, definitely go - it's pretty amazing. also, before you interview, really make sure you know all about the program and think about how you'd fit into that environment, because they really want to see that you'll fit in - they look for a pretty specific type of student.

best,
-medstylee

medstylee said:
yeah, that's a good point - i think last year they had around 600 applicants and interviewed about 200 for the class of 32. they mentioned the exact numbers in a letter, i'll have to try and dig that up. i think they also mentioned that they expect the applicant numbers to double for this year. if you guys get the chance to interview there, definitely go - it's pretty amazing. also, before you interview, really make sure you know all about the program and think about how you'd fit into that environment, because they really want to see that you'll fit in - they look for a pretty specific type of student.

best,
-medstylee

I just got my interview invite last night and am really excited.

Hey there:

I just got my Cleveland Clinic interview yesterday, and I can tell you first-hand that it doesn't guarantee an interview at Case. I called Case today asking for my status, mentioning that I'd scheduled an interview at CCLCM, and after being put on hold for a few minutes, was kindly rejected by admissions. So if you do get an interview invite to CCLCM, I'd suggest calling Case to see whether they plan on interviewing you (they're very helpful and understanding), so that you can either have your peace of mind, or book two interviews in one trip. With that said, GOOD LUCK everyone! :luck: :luck:

Regarding Cleveland Clinic Lerner, does anyone know the address to which we should send our recommendation letters? The address provided on the secondary is directed specifically towards the Director for Admissions at CCLCM. Is this where we should have our recs sent/addressed to?

Yup. The Director for Admissions address is the correct one.

CLEVELAND CLINIC LERNER COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
DIRECTOR FOR ADMISSIONS
9500 EUCLID AVENUE - NA24
CLEVELAND, OH 44195

Good luck! :luck:

picklebee said:
Hey there:

I just got my Cleveland Clinic interview yesterday, and I can tell you first-hand that it doesn't guarantee an interview at Case. I called Case today asking for my status, mentioning that I'd scheduled an interview at CCLCM, and after being put on hold for a few minutes, was kindly rejected by admissions. So if you do get an interview invite to CCLCM, I'd suggest calling Case to see whether they plan on interviewing you (they're very helpful and understanding), so that you can either have your peace of mind, or book two interviews in one trip. With that said, GOOD LUCK everyone! :luck: :luck:

I wonder if I'm in the same boat. I received my cclcm interview invite today but have yet to hear from case. Do you really think I should call?? or just wait it out? I really don't want to have to travel to cleveland twice if the interviews end up being spaced out.

Dude. Totally call. Case Admissions was really nice and understanding about it. They know it's much more convenient and economical to schedule two interviews together. Best of luck! :luck:

YzIa said:
I just got my interview invite last night and am really excited. Case, not so much, I am sure its a great school, but its overshadowed by my excitement over the cleveland clinic program.

congrats! i am psyched about cleveland clinic as well. i heard yesterday also, letter dated sept 22. they're really nice and accomodating at both offices. btw, to the other poster: def ask if you havent heard from case, but have heard from cleveland clinic.

is cclcm sending out invites by regular mail this year?

Yes, they are by snail mail. Both of mine were on the same sheet. :thumbup: