docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
I have an interview in April for Case's alternate list. Do you guys think its worth going, or is it a waste of time. Do they take many students from the alternative list. it's kind of odd how they have different interviews for the alternate list. any ideas or suggestions.....??

gumgardener2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
Status
docs said:
I have an interview in April for Case's alternate list. Do you guys think its worth going, or is it a waste of time. Do they take many students from the alternative list. it's kind of odd how they have different interviews for the alternate list. any ideas or suggestions.....??
If you,re asking this question then you haven't gotten into another dental school. It's only a waste of time if you have already gotten in to the school of your choice. As students get into their preferred schools, they'll tell the school where they sent in their deposit that they changed their mind. That opens up spots for those on the wait list. That could be you. I have classmates who were on the waiting list who received the phone call that they were accepted only days before classes started.
I'm biased, I go to Case. I think we get a very good clinical education. No matter where you go there will be things that you like and dislike. But when all is said and done, you graduate with a dental degree at all of these schools. After that it's up to you to do the greater part of educating yourself as a clinician.

Sweeti8286

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2005
Michigan
Status
Dentist
only you can answer that question. If you havent' gotten in anywhere else and don't want to risk reapplying again next year, then I'd show up for the interview anyway. Did they specifically tell you that you're interviewing for the alternate spots? I would call back once a week or so to see if they have an earlier interview spot...I did that and moved my interview from mid Feb to the beginning of January.

OP
D

docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
I actually have gotten into Indiana and Pitt. but these are not my first choice schools. Oregon is my first choice, but i haven't been offered a spot there yet. If Case is a better school than Indiana or Pitt then I would go to the interview. but if not, then there probably is no point. and yes they specifically said that its for the alternate list. any comments?

Tooth

Orthodontist
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
Status
Non-Student
I was accepted to CASE and I got a financial aid bulletin that I suppose was addressed to everyone. There were very few people on the list. I assume that CASE really is still looking for people. Oh, if you go, stay at the Holiday Inn Select and take the tracks to University Circle.

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
For those of you interviewing at Case in April or later, can you tell me when you received the invite? Also, when did you submit your application with AADSAS?

grinningrice

Clean your dentures!
10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Cleveland so does not rock....
Status
Ruprick said:
For those of you interviewing at Case in April or later, can you tell me when you received the invite? Also, when did you submit your application with AADSAS?
I completely lucked out having my interview before december. When I called them after I found out I was invited for an interview, the earlies spots they had avaliable was Febuary. But I kept calling and calling and got my interview in November because someone cancelled theirs. When I was at my interview, I overheard the secretaries making appointments and they said they did not have any interviews available till April. Hope this helps.