case or arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maisuree

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in ur opinion, case or arizona is easier to get in? considering the stats, interviews, & stuffs...

Members don't see this ad.

in ur opinion, case or arizona is easier to get in? considering the stats, interviews, & stuffs...

That depends, have you gotten your application in yet? and have you recieved an interview invite from Case yet? bc if you havent, considering how Case has already passed out all their primary interview invites, than i guess Arizona will be easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Case for sure.

AZ is a tough one to get into for two reasons:

1) They have a buttload of applicants (The most per seat out of any school)
2) The interview sucked and in my opinion didn't get a feel of what/who you really were. The only interview that sucked more was USC, but that's another thread all together!

I have interviewed at both, I think that it is equally hard at both. Case will have a record number of applicants this year and AZ has all new facilities (its a new school).
(FYI over 16,000 applications on sept 1 from AADSAS)
In the past Case has been known for accepting anyone; hence the term, "I am applying there just in Case". I honestly feel like times have changed.
Case starts early and that helps them to steal a ton of great students. Everyone thinks it is an easier school to get accepted to, so they have over 3500 applications this year. Many people will be disappointed to think that an 18 or a 19 won't get them in to Case, and anything (22,25,etc ) won't get them in this late.

Az is a whole different ballgame as far as dental schools go. Most people have a negative attitude about it because of the wacky interview technique they employ. It makes it seem harder to get in then it really is.

Case fills their class all at once where AZ offers only half of its total seats in Dec. So a late applicant with a decent DAT score has a chance, where you would be at the bottom of the alternate list at Case and interview in March or April.

They are different, but I would say my chances to get acepted into either school are pretty equal given the fact that I applied early and have decent stats. :love:

I have interviewed at both, I think that it is equally hard at both. Case will have a record number of applicants this year and AZ has all new facilities (its a new school).
In the past Case has been known for accepting anyone; hence the term, "I am applying there just in Case". I honestly feel like times have changed.
Case starts early and that helps them to steal a ton of great students. Everyone thinks it is an easier school to get accepted to, so they have over 3500 applications this year. Many people will be disappointed to think that an 18 or a 19 won't get them in to Case, and anything (22,25,etc ) won't get them in this late.

Az is a whole different ballgame as far as dental schools go. Most people have a negative attitude about it because of the wacky interview technique they employ. It makes it seem harder to get in then it really is.

Case fills their class all at once where AZ offers only half of its total seats in Dec. So a late applicant with a decent DAT score has a chance, where you would be at the bottom of the alternate list at Case and interview in March or April.

They are different, but I would say my chances to get acepted into either school are pretty equal given the fact that I applied early and have decent stats. :love:

Very well said!

can you clarify? are you saying that AZ has 16,000 applicants???!!??
or addsas has sent out 16000 applications, or 16 000 students are applying through aadsas this year?

16000 seems like a huge number if its for one school..

I know the number of applicants are increasing every year, but I can't imagine there being 16,000 students applying to dental school. I bet it means they have sent out 16,000 applications which includes those students who have applied to several schools (10+ schools = 10+ applications).

I know the number of applicants are increasing every year, but I can't imagine there being 16,000 students applying to dental school. I bet it means they have sent out 16,000 applications which includes those students who have applied to several schools (10+ schools = 10+ applications).

They had over 6000 apps opened by June 10th (told by a director of admissions). I wouldn't put it past anything that 16000 were opened by now...its been increasing like crazy every year

you got to be kidding me... last cycle (05-06) was about 13,000 applicants. There is no way the number can jump up THAT much in just ONE year. Plus, the cycle had just barely started, it's not even Oct yet... May I ask where did you get those info?:eek:

can someone please verify there are 16,000 applicants this year!!! It's hard to believe...

I don't know about AZ but I just heard today from an admission administrator that as of today, they had already reviewed over 2000 applications.

can someone please verify there are 16,000 applicants this year!!! It's hard to believe...

I can confirm that there "were 16,000 applicants on sept 1" from aadsas (Brian Trecek from marquette)

He said that in a recruiting presentation in Utah last week.

that is not a small number, that is a large number!