Case or OSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Dentisto

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tuition is not a factor.

Which one would you choose if you got into both and only both?

I really don't care much for research. I do want to specialize.

Members don't see this ad.

I've only been to case, but Case is NICE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been to both. Case Western, by far.

I've been to both. Case Western, by far.

What makes it by far?

If it was by far I feel like it would be so clear that I wouldn't even have to ask.

What makes Case good and what makes OSU good? When I interviewed at Case and toured the dental school I felt like I was in a dungeon, but that was likely due to the fact that it was a dark and cloudy day. OSU's facilities were a older looking, but the place was well illuminated.

Interviewed at both and, for me, OSU seemed like a good all-around school.

I'd have to say CASE as well. Facilities are way nicer compared to OSU's. I toured the anatomy lab which was not shown during the interview and it's definitely a step down from CASE's. Quality of education seemed comparable.

If everything seems so close, you could factor whether you like Cleveland versus Columbus. Doesn't OSU start really late in the year (like September or something?). Do you like that schedule? Ask students about the exam schedule or other things that might help you differentiate the two.

OSU doesn't start late anymore due to the switch from quarters to semesters so now they're like most other schools when it comes to schedules.