Case Report Abstract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Didntdoit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would the treatment of a rare, autoimmune disorder with a newer drug at our teaching hospital be worthy of a clinical vignette abstract? It's been done before, but not at our home institution. I wouldn't be looking to publish in a scholarly journal per se but more of a trade journal asking for med student submissions. Also, should I ask the attending's permission?

Members don't see this ad.

Would the treatment of a rare, autoimmune disorder with a newer drug at our teaching hospital be worthy of a clinical vignette abstract? It's been done before, but not at our home institution. I wouldn't be looking to publish in a scholarly journal per se but more of a trade journal asking for med student submissions. Also, should I ask the attending's permission?

Yes;
A place asking for med student submissions is fine only if you think it won't get published in a real journal. Ask your attending prior to committing to a trade journal (whatever that is);
And yes, ask the attending. 99/100 times they'll say yes.