case report author

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scrubswannabe

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question: if you're a college student, what do you write next to your name? It's basically me and a bunch of doctors and my name is going to come first but that seems weird since I'm the only one without a degree. Just wanted to know what other people did in this situation? And for your affiliation - just put your college name I assume? Thanks, I appreciate it.
 
I've seen it before where people don't have a degree listed after their name. I assumed they had a bachelor's degree, but they may have been someone in your situation. I don't think you not having your degree yet is a problem. You're correct about affiliations - put down the school you're attending, unless you do the work as an employee at another institution.

Example: Student gets an authorship from a project they did at School X while attending School X - student's affiliation is School X.

If instead the student from School X was paid by Institute Y to write and conduct a project at Institute Y, then they'd list their affiliation as Institute Y, since they did the work while employed by Y. Here, being a student is incidental.

I mention this because I got a few authorships from my work. I listed my affiliations as my place of employment. That I was a grad student and used my paycheck to pay my tuition had nothing to do with the project.
 
If you have any widely recognized credentials- such as EMT, RRT, RN, etc-I would list them. Normally it's something like this:

"Battle Wounds at the Battle of Thermopylae"
Deinekes A. Spartan, EMT-P
Bachelors of Science Candidate in Anthropology
University of Laconia
Sparta, Laconia, Greece