Quantcast

case report author

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrubswannabe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question: if you're a college student, what do you write next to your name? It's basically me and a bunch of doctors and my name is going to come first but that seems weird since I'm the only one without a degree. Just wanted to know what other people did in this situation? And for your affiliation - just put your college name I assume? Thanks, I appreciate it.

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen it before where people don't have a degree listed after their name. I assumed they had a bachelor's degree, but they may have been someone in your situation. I don't think you not having your degree yet is a problem. You're correct about affiliations - put down the school you're attending, unless you do the work as an employee at another institution.

Example: Student gets an authorship from a project they did at School X while attending School X - student's affiliation is School X.

If instead the student from School X was paid by Institute Y to write and conduct a project at Institute Y, then they'd list their affiliation as Institute Y, since they did the work while employed by Y. Here, being a student is incidental.

I mention this because I got a few authorships from my work. I listed my affiliations as my place of employment. That I was a grad student and used my paycheck to pay my tuition had nothing to do with the project.

Dienekes

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have any widely recognized credentials- such as EMT, RRT, RN, etc-I would list them. Normally it's something like this:

"Battle Wounds at the Battle of Thermopylae"
Deinekes A. Spartan, EMT-P
Bachelors of Science Candidate in Anthropology
University of Laconia
Sparta, Laconia, Greece