case report publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teachme1thing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently finishing my third year. After completing most of my cores, I realized that radiology is the field that excities me more than anything else. I can see myself working as a radiologist in my 70s without getting burnt-out.

I am a carribbean-img with step 1 in low 250s and honors in basic sciences & clinicals so far. However, i have not had much research experience. To make myself a better applicant, I am interested in publishing a case report/ review article in radiology. I was wondering if I could get a case report published before I apply for match this year. Given that it might take me next two weeks to find a case report, I'm wondering if this is possible.

Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

it took me about 6 months to write a case report and about a year to get it published. they get rejected very often. journal #4 or 5 finally accepted.

One year to publication would be remarkably fast. Journals often have queues for publishing case reports in the event that they do accept it for publication.

Agreed. I did a retrospective chart review study, a little bit more involved than a case report (okay, maybe a little lot more involved) and it took me like 100 years to publish it...more like 2 years.

Also, many won't take case reports. You should try like ACR case in point or Aunt Minnie or something comparable. I think AJNR does an online case report. Many don't do them in print journals anymore.