case report publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

teachme1thing

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

I am currently finishing my third year. After completing most of my cores, I realized that radiology is the field that excities me more than anything else. I can see myself working as a radiologist in my 70s without getting burnt-out.

I am a carribbean-img with step 1 in low 250s and honors in basic sciences & clinicals so far. However, i have not had much research experience. To make myself a better applicant, I am interested in publishing a case report/ review article in radiology. I was wondering if I could get a case report published before I apply for match this year. Given that it might take me next two weeks to find a case report, I'm wondering if this is possible.

Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
 
it took me about 6 months to write a case report and about a year to get it published. they get rejected very often. journal #4 or 5 finally accepted.
 
One year to publication would be remarkably fast. Journals often have queues for publishing case reports in the event that they do accept it for publication.
 
Agreed. I did a retrospective chart review study, a little bit more involved than a case report (okay, maybe a little lot more involved) and it took me like 100 years to publish it...more like 2 years.

Also, many won't take case reports. You should try like ACR case in point or Aunt Minnie or something comparable. I think AJNR does an online case report. Many don't do them in print journals anymore.