Case Simulation recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grayce79

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Blueprints book that reviews how to do the case simulations. It is a quick read and I really thinked that it helped my overall score.
I got the book after it was recommended to me. Prior to that I had never heard of it but I found it easily on Amazon.com
Doing the practice cases on the USMLE CD was good, but the book just goes over all types of things that you can order that you may not otherwise have thought of.
The book has a bunch of practice cases and I read those practice cases on my lunch break right before I started that part of the exam and I ended up with some of the same cases.
Just got my score back today and I scored off the chart on that specific part of the exam so just thought I would pass on the advice. (I am not that smart and have never scored off the charts on anything.) By the way, I swear I don't have any financial affiliation with whoever wrote that book. :)
For the rest of the exam, I read Crush Step 3 once and I did about 150 practice questions from q bank and the usmle cd. Overall I think that just being an intern is all you need to pass.
Overall score= 240/99
Was happy with my score especially considering that I tried to reschedule my exam the morning of because I thought I was going to fail.

Members don't see this ad.