Case Today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
This all reminds me of the saying, “you first must learn how to do Anesthesia in order to know when not too.”

I have no issues with an academic center taking a stab at this case with the full court press. How else are residents going to learn to do these cases?
As a sidenote, the reason I became a minimalist, when about medicine, is that I have seen, time and again, that the greatest doctors know not what to do, but what not to do.

"Don't just do something, stand there!" was the favorite saying of one of the oldies from my fellowship. First do no harm. The best (private) surgeon I know has canceled cases on the day of surgery ("you don't need surgery anymore"). Again, FIRST DO NO HARM!

This thread is a poster case for minimalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
As a sidenote, the reason I became a minimalist, when about medicine, is that I have seen, time and again, that the greatest doctors know not what to do, but what not to do.

"Don't just do something, stand there!" was the favorite saying of one of the oldies from my fellowship. First do no harm. The best (private) surgeon I know has canceled cases on the day of surgery ("you don't need surgery anymore"). Again, FIRST DO NO HARM!

This thread is a poster case for minimalism.
Law # 13 of the house of God:
XIII. The delivery of medical care is to do as much nothing as possible.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
House of God is great. I followed the philosophy of do nothing and watch the patients flourish during intern year and it really does work. Also buffing the chart is great medico-legal advice. It is a very very easy read and quite short, well worth the time.