Case Western Anesthesiology Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhioNinjaDoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edited for discretion

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I thank my lucky stars every day that I was accepted into a program that valued education over profit, and where you don't play second fiddle to CRNAs.

So you are saying Case Western UH is downright malignant? Thanks for the info, I left the interview day feeling iffy about the program. After seeing this, I will not be ranking this place.

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely got the feel this was a workhorse program.

as 4th year neomed student, I rotated through both metro and UH casewestern programs. UH is an extreme work horse program. All I can say is that UH frequently averages over 85 hours on their core rotations. On ICU and CT residents easily work 100/hours a week. As for myself, I do not plan on staying in Cleveland, and I will not ranking UH at all.

Unless you have a personal reason for being in Cleveland, I would not risk ranking UH and being in a malignant program that doesn't value resident education for the next for 4 years

Wow, that along with the board pass rates and this program is tough to rank highly

So, is Cleveland Clinic pretty much the only program in Cleveland worth ranking, then?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know specifics on why Case UH has a warning from the ACGME? Is it because of work hour violations and lack of didactics. Getting ready to move it lower on my rank list, unfortunately. :(

Wow. I didn't love CWUH but now will rank them at the bottom of my ROL. Thanks!

Interviewed there. Did not seem like a workhorse program to me. They have ~ 9 mos of electives and get a great experience w/ transplants apparently. Loved the residents. They seemed super happy and friendly. Would probably rank higher if I were single, but my gf was not keen on Cleveland. Didactics were kind of non-existent, it seems. Interview was weird b/c there was no formal talk from PD or Chair. I could see how that could turn people off, but I didn't think much of it.

Still in my top 4-5.

as 4th year neomed student, I rotated through both metro and UH case western programs. UH is an extreme work horse program. All I can say is that UH frequently averages over 85 hours on their core rotations. On ICU and CT residents easily work 100/hours a week. As for myself, I do not plan on staying in Cleveland, and I will not ranking UH at all.

Unless you have a personal reason for being in Cleveland, I would not risk ranking UH and being in a malignant program that doesn't value resident education for the next for 4 years

So I was finalizing my rank list, and I saw that they were on warning. Growing up in Cleveland I asked my friends at Case Western med school that were going into anesthesia what's happening and why they were on warning. They said it was due to resident dissatisfaction, limited lecture/diaditics, and awful board pass rates. Faculty have left/fired from the department. One friend at CWRU med told me a faculty told him the department is failing apart and not to rank his home program. Too many red flags for me to risk being stuck for 4 years. This is too bad as I thought all the residents were cool and easy going