Case Western Interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbess123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received an invite to interview at Case Western. They have a bunch of different interview dates to choose from, starting in August through November. Just thought I let everyone know that they've begun sending those invites out, good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mind telling us your stats? I'm hoping to get an interview there! Congrats!

Sure. Overall GPA 3.66 Sci GPA 3.78 DAT: AA 20 TS 21 PAT 20

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I just received an interview invitation as well! I thought all schools had a secondary application, but I'm not going to complain :)

hey guys congrats! :thumbup: If you don't mind me asking, were you in-state applicants? and also what batch?

Yay, invite as well! Hope to see some of ya'll there. And I'm out of state, first batch

I was second batch---have a 3.75, overall 20 AA, out-of-state from Cali...do you guys think I will get an interview?

is everyone who got invited, scheduling it earlier? Would it be a more advantage to schedule earlier?

This first set of invitations were issued from among those we received in the first batch. I don't think I paid that much attention in our invitations out to in-state or out-of-state or international since we are not a school that selects on this filter. We'll definitely invite more by next week.

All our pre-December 1 interview slots are available. But we ask that if you reschedule or cancel, you MUST call the Office of Admissions no sooner than 7 days before the scheduled day of your interviwe so we can make the adjustment on our calendar.

And if you viewed the presentation for AADSAS 2013 applicants, you'll know we do not issue secondary applications. Make sure you all view this presentation if you are seriously interested in Case.

The first day of interviews is Monday, August 13.

Last edited:
This first set of invitations were issued from among those we received in the first batch. I don't think I paid that much attention in our invitations out to in-state or out-of-state or international since we are not a school that selects on this filter. We'll definitely invite more by next week.

All our pre-December 1 interview slots are available. But we ask that if you reschedule or cancel, you MUST call the Office of Admissions no sooner than 7 days before the scheduled day of your interviwe so we can make the adjustment on our calendar.

And if you viewed the presentation for AADSAS 2013 applicants, you'll know we do not issue secondary applications. Make sure you all view this presentation if you are seriously interested in Case.

The first day of interviews is Monday, August 13.

Hi, I tried using the link to check out the presentation but it does not seem to work. Is this a problem with my computer or the link itself? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I tried using the link to check out the presentation but it does not seem to work. Is this a problem with my computer or the link itself? Thanks

just watched it so I think the links working. It took about 5 minutes for the page/slide show to load. Check its very informative

Just an FYI to you, it works fine on my computer. If it matters, I clicked the link using a PC + windows 7 and firefox.

How do you know what batch you're in?

And did all of the notifications for interviews go out for the first batch applicants? In other words, people who didn't get an interview from the first batch today are rejected?

How do you know what batch you're in?

And did all of the notifications for interviews go out for the first batch applicants? In other words, people who didn't get an interview from the first batch today are rejected?

first batch mailed out about 18 days ago, the second batch went out about 4 days ago. It should be a batch gets sent out every Friday from now on... I think. I don't think anyone is rejected yet.

Does this mean that you are done giving out interview invites to those in the first batch?

Yeah same question as the guy above me.

Were the interviews sent through email or mail?

Does this mean that you are done giving out interview invites to those in the first batch?

No, but our interviews do begin a month from now, so some of the people we're interested in we want to give the benefit of having some time to plan to visit Cleveland.

We email our invitations and update your AADSAS status.

And reminding everyone: I do manage the "Official" thread under student-specific discussions. Don't forget to review the resources listed there as well as materials in the ADEA Virtual Fair.

I also have scheduled a webchat for applicants (and others interested in Case or talking about the application process). You must pre-register for this event and I request you participate through a webcamera.

Last edited:
i got an interview invite yesterday, too!!

im so stoked! Can you guys recommend to me a hotel in a safe area thats walking distance to Case Western??? ... !! wheeee i'm excited =)

Hi casedentalmed, thanks for being on this forum and answering everyone's questions! I was in the second batch...but haven't gotten an email from Case saying they received my application. Should I be expecting an email/ update on AADSAS?

Thanks!

Ultimately you'll get an email of some sort from AADSAS, but be patient. We're not halfway done with looking at the second mailing in its entirety. It's only 400 applications, but there's a lot we have to check.

First batch, but haven't got an interview YET.. hopefully soon
:xf:

AA/TS/PAT: 21/22/19 (Low RC BUT :xf:)

Masters GPA: 3.87
Lots of shadowing hrs

Last edited:
I got one as well on Tuesday! I am an Intl' student. Excited and nervous!

First batch, but haven't got an interview YET.. hopefully soon
:xf:

AA/TS/PAT: 21/22/19 (Low RC BUT :xf:)

Masters GPA: 3.87
Lots of shadowing hrs

Same here! good luck to the both of us!:)

Ultimately you'll get an email of some sort from AADSAS, but be patient. We're not halfway done with looking at the second mailing in its entirety. It's only 400 applications, but there's a lot we have to check.

Second batch is 400? How many in first batch?

Hey colorful,

Do you mind sharing your stats please?

Last edited:
Has the first batch been reviewed by the committee in its entirety? So for those of us who have not received interviews but were in the first batch are in a lower tier in the applicant pool?

Second batch interview invite! So grateful and excited!! See official 2012-2013 thread for more info

3.0 sci/3.2 overall
20AA/20TS/20PAT (still retaking in August, though haven't scheduled date yet)

Good luck everyone!

Second batch interview invite! So grateful and excited!! See official 2012-2013 thread for more info

3.0 sci/3.2 overall
20AA/20TS/20PAT (still retaking in August, though haven't scheduled date yet)

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Did you receive an "application is complete" email before you got your interview email? If so how long before did you receive it?

Congrats! Did you receive an "application is complete" email before you got your interview email? If so how long before did you receive it?

Thanks! I got an email on July 16 that they had "received" my application that reminded me that my app won't be complete until I had the supplemental app fee, most recent DAT scores, and LOR. I had all those things complete way before the 16th (paid app fee online right after i submitted aadsas) and today, the 18th, I got the interview invite.

Thanks! I got an email on July 16 that they had "received" my application that reminded me that my app won't be complete until I had the supplemental app fee, most recent DAT scores, and LOR. I had all those things complete way before the 16th (paid app fee online right after i submitted aadsas) and today, the 18th, I got the interview invite.

Awesome. I never got an "application complete" and got the same "application received" as you did. So hopefully I get an interview soon as well!

1st interview invite from case today!

yayyyyyyy
2nd batch- everything mailed out except DAT scores and LOR
3rd batch- complete

1st interview invite from case today!

yayyyyyyy
2nd batch- everything mailed out except DAT scores and LOR
3rd batch- complete

hey congrats for getting an interview. Please share your stats :)

21/22/20 AA/TS/PAT

gpa: 3.6
sgpa: 3.7

100+hrs shadowing, 600 hours research or so, 100+volunteering
decent EC's- clubs, 2 honor societies, musician, etc.

Ok....

So ALLLLLL yesterday, after getting that interview invite, I would spontaneously start dancing and doing a high pitch war cry.... I couldn't control myself HAHA!

Did anybody have the same problem??? Or am I alone here? :idea:

:rofl: :biglove:

SO EXCITED! Anybody scheduled for the 28th of August?

Ok....

So ALLLLLL yesterday, after getting that interview invite, I would spontaneously start dancing and doing a high pitch war cry.... I couldn't control myself HAHA!

Reading this made me laugh... in a good way. LOL Congrats.

Case campus is so pretty and lively nowaday. I took my niece there for visiting in May and she fell in love with the school. Hopefully she will get an interview invite.:):)

Ok....

So funny! I acted the same way back in 2004 and also few months later in Dec 1st. I'm sure you will love Case during your interview. :D:D

received an interview invite! does anyone know if just registering and getting the pdf ticket is how you "accept" your interview or do you need to call them and let them know additionally?

received an interview invite! does anyone know if just registering and getting the pdf ticket is how you "accept" your interview or do you need to call them and let them know additionally?

Hey toothlife, congratulations! DId you receive an interview today? Please share your stats and state of residency :) Thanks

does anyone know if just registering and getting the pdf ticket is how you "accept" your interview or do you need to call them and let them know additionally?

Yes. Call the office only (or email me/dentadmit) if you need to reschedule or cancel.

Last edited: