Case Western Interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey toothlife, congratulations! DId you receive an interview today? Please share your stats and state of residency :) Thanks

AA: 21 TS: 21 PAT: 22 GPA 3.89
Ohio

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a way to pay the secondary application fee before an email is sent? I want to get all my payments out of the way =)

Nevermind =) I found where you can pay your secondary app fee

Members don't see this ad :)
Nevermind =) I found where you can pay your secondary app fee

Can you let me know if you get an email AFTER you pay the fee? I never got an email from them confirming that my fee is paid and that my application is "complete" and am getting worried since I paid a couple weeks ago.

The only email I got was my credit card payment was approved. I'll keep you updated if I get another stating my application is complete. I would definitely look into it if you haven't gotten an email confirming your fee is paid.

Fourth batchers, keep us updated if you receive any emails/interview invites :)

If first batchers didn't get interviews yet, are we basically rejected? Makes me sad...I was really looking forward to hearing back from Case :(

I have this feeling to golfinpanda...Every dental school looks for slightly different things, I am guessing that CASE initially only looks at stats and nothing else, as many received interviews before their letters were even in. Maybe they will consider inviting additional applicants following academic update especially for those receiving additional degrees. GL

i paid the app fee online the same time i submitted the aadsas application (july 9). today I got an email saying they received my application and that the app is not complete until the fee is paid.

"Thank you for applying to CWRU School of Dental Medicine. This letter serves as a receipt of your AADSAS application to the Office of Admissions. Your application will not be considered complete without the receipt of the supplemental application fee, your most recent DAT scores, and your letters of evaluation. Payment is required within 4 weeks of the date of this letter for further consideration of your application by members of the Admissions Committee.

If you have not paid the supplemental application fee ($55.00 US) it can be paid online with a credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover) at http://dental.case.edu/admissions/payfee and requires your current AADSAS application number. If you do not wish to pay by credit card, send a check or money order in US funds payable to "Case Western Reserve University" to the following address:

CWRU School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions
10900 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106-4905

You must include your AADSAS ID number on your check/money order. Note that processing time may take up to an additional two weeks by regular mail without delivery confirmation.

Once your file is complete, your application will be screened for further consideration. This process may take up to 4 weeks to complete, depending on the number of applications that need to be reviewed."

But i paid already. Did you guys get this email?

I have this feeling to golfinpanda...Every dental school looks for slightly different things, I am guessing that CASE initially only looks at stats and nothing else, as many received interviews before their letters were even in. Maybe they will consider inviting additional applicants following academic update especially for those receiving additional degrees. GL

I hope so! Last year they interviewed till April so hopefully we'll get re-reviewed. I'm enrolled in a Master's program this year so I'm hoping they re-review after academic update. I'm a reapplicant; last year I received a status change on aadsas in late sept saying "check back on december 1st" for Case and that meant rejection :(

Hey all! I was wondering for all the interviewee's... where ya'll were planning on staying at (what hotel/ motel, etc.)

i paid the app fee online the same time i submitted the aadsas application (july 9). today I got an email saying they received my application and that the app is not complete until the fee is paid.

"Thank you for applying to CWRU School of Dental Medicine. This letter serves as a receipt of your AADSAS application to the Office of Admissions. Your application will not be considered complete without the receipt of the supplemental application fee, your most recent DAT scores, and your letters of evaluation. Payment is required within 4 weeks of the date of this letter for further consideration of your application by members of the Admissions Committee.

If you have not paid the supplemental application fee ($55.00 US) it can be paid online with a credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover) at http://dental.case.edu/admissions/payfee and requires your current AADSAS application number. If you do not wish to pay by credit card, send a check or money order in US funds payable to "Case Western Reserve University" to the following address:

CWRU School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions
10900 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106-4905

You must include your AADSAS ID number on your check/money order. Note that processing time may take up to an additional two weeks by regular mail without delivery confirmation.

Once your file is complete, your application will be screened for further consideration. This process may take up to 4 weeks to complete, depending on the number of applications that need to be reviewed."

I got this email too. It's just a generic email to notify that your application has been received. I am guessing the fee processing works separately, so I don't think there is anything to worry about it if you have already paid.

One in the same my friend...Masters complete in December with high marks...lets just keep our fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'll be staying at the Delta Sigma Sigma Fraternity's house.

I dunno, it just sounds WAY more fun than a hotel, haha.

CAN'T WAIT!

i paid the app fee online the same time i submitted the aadsas application (july 9). today I got an email saying they received my application and that the app is not complete until the fee is paid. ...

If you received an email confirmation when you paid the online fee, you don't need to pay again. It is unfortunate our supplemental fee payment system is separate from our application management system, but that's how it works.

Will an email be sent out saying our application is complete and ready for review? I received an email saying they received my app and I already paid the supplemental fee.

Will an email be sent out saying our application is complete and ready for review? I received an email saying they received my app and I already paid the supplemental fee.

I don't think so, but I emailed them asking if my app was complete, and they replied back confirming it was.

congraz everyone :)))

sigh, Im on the 2nd batch but havent received any interview yet. T.T so nervous right now. I have been checking email every 30 mins..... but... :(

AA/SA/PA 24/24/24. GPA 3.69/3.70

are we supposed to receive an email saying that we paid the fee? Because I paid yesterday and I have not received an email. i just got a confirmation at the end of the billing saying that i had paid it but no email.

thanks a lot

Dr. Chuck, were more interview invites sent out today? Just wondering :xf:
Thanks!

I'm holding off sending more interview invites since we have first week of D1 orientation next week. I'm also assessing how many spots we have left vs how many we want to give out for the next round.

wondering..:confused: I see some second & third batchers received interview invites. Does this mean you are done reviewing first batch applicants? I havent's heard anything since I got an email of 'complete and under review".

I am, now, little frustrated.. this cycle is my third time applying and I believe I did everything to enhance my chance. To make up my undergrad gpa, I went to Masters majoring in Biomedical Sciences and attained 3.87 GPA. I retook DAT as 4th time and got 22 and 21 (Finally I met DAT Destroyer) - I got low on RC compared to other sections, so I am willing to retake if I am allowed.

I have been trying best to get into CASE since graduating from Uva undergrad. Would you please give me some advice what else to do or how to enhance my chance?

wondering..:confused: I see some second & third batchers received interview invites. Does this mean you are done reviewing first batch applicants? I havent's heard anything since I got an email of 'complete and under review".

I am, now, little frustrated.. this cycle is my third time applying and I believe I did everything to enhance my chance. To make up my undergrad gpa, I went to Masters majoring in Biomedical Sciences and attained 3.87 GPA. I retook DAT as 4th time and got 22 and 21 (Finally I met DAT Destroyer) - I got low on RC compared to other sections, so I am willing to retake if I am allowed.

I have been trying best to get into CASE since graduating from Uva undergrad. Would you please give me some advice what else to do or how to enhance my chance?

You could email me and I can see if we're missing anything in your file from this end.

What was your GPA and DAT scores in your first cycle while you were still in UVA undergrad?

What was your GPA and DAT scores in your first cycle while you were still in UVA undergrad?

undergrad gpa: below 3.0
masters: 3.87
TS: improved from 17 -> 22
AA: improved from 17 -> 21

:xf::xf::xf::xf: not giving up!!:scared:

undergrad gpa: below 3.0
masters: 3.87
TS: improved from 17 -> 22
AA: improved from 17 -> 21

:xf::xf::xf::xf: not giving up!!:scared:

I love an underdog story. It seems like you've improved your stats immensely over the years. Good luck! I'm sure you're going to do great during this cycle!

I feel so stupid for not checking earlier but i was in the first batch and i just checked today in the supplemental material section of adea portal. Under case western it says that my DAT scores have not been received. I called them today and they were super nice about it and found it lying by some pile lol =[. By no means I'm I saying that I would have got an interview had they had my DAT score to begin with but I feel like I missed a big opportunity to be seen first since I was originally in the first batch. Hoping I still have a shot at an interview, heard many great things about case.

I feel so stupid for not checking earlier but i was in the first batch and i just checked today in the supplemental material section of adea portal. Under case western it says that my DAT scores have not been received. I called them today and they were super nice about it and found it lying by some pile lol =[. By no means I'm I saying that I would have got an interview had they had my DAT score to begin with but I feel like I missed a big opportunity to be seen first since I was originally in the first batch. Hoping I still have a shot at an interview, heard many great things about case.

There are many things that get filed in the admissions process, so we just need to be sure we don't misfile things. I wouldn't fret over it, but just keep following up (in a timely non-stalker way) by checking the online AADSAS portal. If something you think is taking too long, just send us one email to be sure. (Not a significant number of more than one email on the same topic :laugh:.)

Hello Dr. Chuck,

Firstly I would like to thank you for being a part of sdn and helping students who are really looking for advice at such an important stage. I am a foreign graduate and have a unique situation and am really looking forward to hearing from Case. Is it possible that I could please email you to ask a couple of questions regarding foreign coursework. I have also not received an application complete email so I am not sure if my application is complete at the school although I have submitted all my documents to AADSAS. Once again, we all really appreciate your help for taking your time out to help us.

Thanks

Hello Everyone!

I just got an interview email from CWRU today. I am a Canadian applicant.

Would someone please give me some tips on how the interview is like and how I should prepare?

Thanks in advanced

Firstly I would like to thank you for being a part of sdn and helping students who are really looking for advice at such an important stage. I am a foreign graduate and have a unique situation and am really looking forward to hearing from Case. Is it possible that I could please email you to ask a couple of questions regarding foreign coursework. I have also not received an application complete email so I am not sure if my application is complete at the school although I have submitted all my documents to AADSAS. Once again, we all really appreciate your help for taking your time out to help us.
Thanks

Go ahead and email your question directly.

Hello Everyone!

I just got an interview email from CWRU today. I am a Canadian applicant.

Would someone please give me some tips on how the interview is like and how I should prepare?

Thanks in advanced

In your interview email is a link to an Adobe PDF flash presentation that should answer your general questions that go beyond the Interview Feedback Forums.