Case Western Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jason110

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There have been rumors on this board. I think somebody said they had received a secondary from Case Western. I have not received one yet. Has anyone received a secondary from Case?

If so, was it email or snail mail invite.

If not, does anybody know when the secondary will be available?

Related question: For previous applicants, if you applied to Cleveland Clinic, how does that process work? Do I just mention I'm interest in the CCLCM program in the Case Western secondary?

Jason

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, the secondary is out, it's on the 2005 secondary thread, sorry I don't do links... but I think that you are getting it based on your processing date. They give you two weeks to complete it and it asks you what programs you want to apply to so you can get your app sent to both the college and university programs. the essays are a little lengthy, anything you want and about your research.

You can goto thier secondary login site @ https://iapply.cwru.edu/

Once you get there, if you type in the requested info you will recieve your login password by e-mail. I completed my secondary this way. I never recieved my invite, but my information was already there.

Hope this helps to speed up the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
what are you guys writing for the essay??? im not really sure what to write...

Jason110 said:
Related question: For previous applicants, if you applied to Cleveland Clinic, how does that process work? Do I just mention I'm interest in the CCLCM program in the Case Western secondary?

Jason

Last year, it took about a week or so for them to send me the electronic secondary - they're probably starting to get swamped with apps now. As for Cleveland Clinic, there will be boxes to check off - you can apply to just Case (university program), just CCLCM (college program), or both. If you apply to just Case, you just have to fill out the generic essay. If you also apply to CCLCM or just CCLCM, you have to fill out an essay about your research experience in addition to the generic essay. Best of luck.

edit: Oh, and when you submit the application, you just send one application fee check to Case (even if you apply to both programs). However, you have to send your letters of recommendation to each school separately.

wends said:
what are you guys writing for the essay??? im not really sure what to write...
there are a lot of things you can write about.
i know it can sound hard since they dont really give you a limit or a specific topic. maybe you can write about something that is not on your amcas or personal statement? or emphasize points in your personal statement that you didn't have a chance to elaborate on due to the character limitations.

just whatever, i think they wanna see what topics people come up with ;)