Case Western vs. Cleveland Clinic...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jollyvulcan

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for pediatric neurology residency programs and plan on ranking both the Cleveland Clinic and Case. Unfortunately, I am at odds as to which I should rank higher since I am looking to do all five years (2 years of peds, 1 year adult neuro, 2 years pedi neuro) of my training at one institution and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses which is making my decision difficult.

If anyone would like to comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the general neurology training at these two programs I would love to hear it.
 
I am applying for pediatric neurology residency programs and plan on ranking both the Cleveland Clinic and Case. Unfortunately, I am at odds as to which I should rank higher since I am looking to do all five years (2 years of peds, 1 year adult neuro, 2 years pedi neuro) of my training at one institution and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses which is making my decision difficult.

If anyone would like to comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the general neurology training at these two programs I would love to hear it.

Cleveland Clinic = 800 lb gorilla that dominates medicine in the region

Case = historically good, but from what I hear through the grapevine it is struggling recently with money and faculty turnover problems.

You will get outstanding neurology training at Cleveland Cinic; it's especially strong in peds epilepsy, if you have any particular interest in that. You will work very, very hard; high volume; residents/fellows I've known from there seem to be somewhat "stressed out" but they come out very well trained. Tons of research opportunities.

I am less familiar with Case; they still have some good faculty in Neuro (particularly neuromuscular) but as I said above, they seem to be struggling to keep up with CCF. I really don't know much specific about Case Peds neuro.