Case!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LolaGene

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If you interviewed at Case recently and have not heard back yet, I would suggest that you check your website. The adcoms met this past monday and we all should hear something (accepted, active consideration, or rejected) by Friday according to Dr. Essman. Good:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone actually be rejected from Case post-interview yet?

Hey everyone,

If you interviewed at Case recently and have not heard back yet, I would suggest that you check your website. The adcoms met this past monday and we all should hear something (accepted, active consideration, or rejected) by Friday according to Dr. Essman. Good:luck:

lolagene,
i hear that's only ifyou get rejected that they tell u the message they told you. just kidding to everyone else who reads this and freaks out.

Members don't see this ad :)
lolagene,
i hear that's only ifyou get rejected that they tell u the message they told you. just kidding to everyone else who reads this and freaks out.

Has anyone told you that you are so funny? :p

Who the he!! do you think you are scaring poor sdners??? Just because you get into washu and it's a top 5 school doesnt mean you can destroy other people's dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone actually be rejected from Case post-interview yet?

I cant say that people have been rejected post-interview because I dont know anyone BUT I am almost positive that Essman said that you could potentially receive a rejection

Does anyone know when the last time they issued a batch of decisions was?

I got taken off the waitlist on 1/30 and accepted. Christian called me on my birthday to tell me!!

NICE!

My B-Day is tomorrow... think I'll get off the waitlist?

ha ha

they had their committee meeting this past tuesday (2/6) so everyone's status page should have been updated by today. i got an email to check my status page last night :)

good luck everyone!

Did you do anything before being taken off hold? Letter of intent/interest?

I wrote a letter of intent and they don't seem impressed. I feel cheap and dirty...

I got taken off the waitlist on 1/30 and accepted. Christian called me on my birthday to tell me!!

I got in!!

It's my first acceptance and I'm really excited. I liked Case a LOT.

sigh... anyone know when the next adcom meeting is? Still no movement on my app

Yea, I'm still waiting and hoping to hear something after having been on 'hold' since November.:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
tthorst and darkshooter... how do you guys think your interviews went and who did you have?
Also, Has anyone interviewed with D.D., Ph. D (don't want to put his full name on the board)? If so, how do you think it went with him?

I interviewed with DD. PM me.

I also interviewed with D.D...
Oddest interview ever.
PM to discuss.

tthorst and darkshooter... how do you guys think your interviews went and who did you have?
Also, Has anyone interviewed with D.D., Ph. D (don't want to put his full name on the board)? If so, how do you think it went with him?

I thought the interviews went well, great faculty interview and decent student interview. Definitely not bad enough to warrant this torture :rolleyes:

I thought the interviews went well, great faculty interview and decent student interview. Definitely not bad enough to warrant this torture :rolleyes:

I completely agree with Darkshooter! I did not interview with D.D. - I interviewed with a female physician and male student. PM if you want more details.

Did you do anything before being taken off hold? Letter of intent/interest?

I wrote a letter of intent and they don't seem impressed. I feel cheap and dirty...

Ya I sent in a letter of update/ interest. At the end of the semester I emailed them with my semester grades. And I got a physician that I work with to write me a letter of recomendation. RIGHT before I got in a wrote Christian and email asking when the hold category would beging to be re-reviewed and he said they had already started. I don't think that really had anything to do with it though.

Ya I sent in a letter of update/ interest. At the end of the semester I emailed them with my semester grades.

Where did you send the update letter? Who did you address it to? Lina Mehta? The office in general?:D

Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has heard any Case-related news or knows when the next adcom meeting or last set of interviews is.

Adcom should meet this week, unless Washington's Birthday threw the schedule off.

Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has heard any Case-related news or knows when the next adcom meeting or last set of interviews is.

until when will they be accepting people? It's getting late (i'm on hold) :confused: :scared:

Does anyone know if there was a date last year in late Feb or early March when they admitted a bunch of students who were put on hold?

I got taken off the hold list, and when I spoke with Christian when it was accepted he gave me the impressions that they are taking a small number of applicants out of the hold pile at each admissions meeting and taking another look at them. He said this started in January. Hope this helps! SEND UPDATES! I sent 4 different updates before I heard anything.

I got accepted to Case today. Really surprised I got in so soon after my interview (Feb6).

I got accepted to Case today. Really surprised I got in so soon after my interview (Feb6).

Case's ADCOM meets every two weeks; they just met this past Monday.

Congrats! Any of you just get off the hold list?

I have been on hold since October, and Mr. Essman called me this morning to let me know I was accepted! So keep your cell phones close :luck:

I thought you'd also be interested to know that I sent a letter of interest with my grade update, as well as a loosely worded (i.e. didn't sound too binding) letter of intent.

Anyone else coming to interview at Case on March 6?

Anyone know how they're re-reviewing apps that are on hold? Are they looking at a random group at every adcom meeting or are they looking at apps that have received updates or some other way?

The Adcom meets on Monday. This is gonna be a long weekend.

bump - any Case news thus far?

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear some news from Case. Hopefully we all get in.

Hey everyone, Christian said that interviewees from this cycle should expect website updates around thurs-fri...it could come earlier, but just so you don't get too excited about a tues/wed. update (or too disappointed if you don't hear anything).

Hey everyone, Christian said that interviewees from this cycle should expect website updates around thurs-fri...it

Like a final decision? i.e from hold to official waitlist, rejection, etc?

Like a final decision? i.e from hold to official waitlist, rejection, etc?

I think she means just results post-interview (i.e. hold or rejection or acceptance) from the latest batch of interviewees.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear some news from Case. Hopefully we all get in.

That's impossible; they don't have enough room in the class for all of us. Now that I've squeaked by by the skin of my teeth, I just hope that the best of the rest of you get in. :D

That's impossible; they don't have enough room in the class for all of us. Now that I've squeaked by by the skin of my teeth, I just hope that the best of the rest of you get in. :D

Wow, how quickly the newly accepted get cocky! :mad: :p

How do you know that all of the remaining people waiting aren't the creme de la creme? It could happen! ;)

:luck: :luck: :luck: to everyone still waiting.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck everyone!

...and you know, bump

So wait, are we wishing people good luck on the results of recent interviews, or is Case finally parsing out the statuses of us who have been on post-interview hold for a while?