Caspa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cminchew

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the requirements for the CASPA application. Other than 3 recommendations and the GRE, is there anything else that must be submitted with it? Do I need to do anything else? Are there other requirements for application that have to be completed?

I'm trying to get a jump start on the May 1st availability of the application, and make sure there isn't anyhting else I could be doing in the meantime.

Thanks,
Candace

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Candace,

I will try my best to remember what was needed to fill out and complete the CAPSA appl. Be sure and have copies of all of your transcripts handy, you will need to provide info about every class you have ever taken. Have all of the schools you have attended send official transcripts to CASPA. If you have not already started working on your personal narrative, get busy, you will need to edit, edit, and edit some more! I think meeting the exact word count (500 or less?) was the biggest challenge for me. Have all the dates and paperwork for any special healthcare training you have completed, including dates for volunteering, employment, shadowing, & memberships in professional organizations (AAPA, etc.) Pick three people who know you well, and who can write about you in an extremely positive light! You should have at least one PA write a letter for you too. You sound like you are on top of things, so that is a good thing. CASPA may have made some changes from last year, so just read the instructions on their website and you will do just fine! :)

Good Luck,
Monika
UTMB PA class of 2005