Casper test advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipressurexd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm an applicant in the 2019-2020 cycle. I was completely ignorant of CASper until these last two days and have been trying to sign up for the exam on May 14th. However, every time I try, it always says price is $NaN and stop me from proceeding. Is there something I did wrong here?

Also, when do premeds usually take the CASper?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm an applicant in the 2019-2020 cycle. I was completely ignorant of CASper until these last two days and have been trying to sign up for the exam on May 14th. However, every time I try, it always says price is $NaN and stop me from proceeding. Is there something I did wrong here?

Also, when do premeds usually take the CASper?
The price is Nan? Did you try sending them your Grandma by mail?

I would try a different browser, a different computer, or a different date as that one may be all full.

Typically premeds take it sometime before matriculation :) Really though, just try to finish it between the primary and the flood of secondaries.

The price is Nan? Did you try sending them your Grandma by mail?

I would try a different browser, a different computer, or a different date as that one may be all full.

Typically premeds take it sometime before matriculation :) Really though, just try to finish it between the primary and the flood of secondaries.

Thank you! I might consider delaying it to June since my schedule is better at that time. Also, do you know if we have to pay for all the schools upfront or can we add more schools for them to send the scores to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I might consider delaying it to June since my schedule is better at that time. Also, do you know if we have to pay for all the schools upfront or can we add more schools for them to send the scores to?
I actually asked the same question about two months ago. You can pay for one upfront and add others as you go.

Some schools won’t even verify you for a secondary, some need it before interview, some want it after interview.

I see. Where does one get this information? Is it in the AMCAS app somewhere? Or do schools send you an email once you've submitted your primary?

MSAR, Google, sometimes secondaries.....Casper is a weird one.

Wait when does casper need to be completed by?
It’s not difficult and requires zero studying. Try to get it done before you’re verified so you’re covered for all secondary/interview situations.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s not difficult and requires zero studying. Try to get it done before you’re verified so you’re covered for all secondary/interview situations.

Alright, that's good to hear. I've been quite oblivious to it as well. It kind of confuses me though... Had I not known about SDN or r/premed, I wouldn't have known what CASPer is, and apparently that would mean I wouldn't be verified at some schools? Surely there has to be a mention of it somewhere in the application process, right?

Potentially just donated to casper and signed up for my test date. It showed the Nan thing if I didn't select a school to send to, so I have it sent to one for now. Maybe scheduled it premature but needed a sunday. Oh well smh

up for my test date. It showed the Nan thing if I didn't select a school to send to, so I have it sent to one for now. Maybe scheduled it premature but needed a sunda

Yeah I think I was trying to choose all MD schools in that list and some were not the same date (May 14th). I signed up for the June 2nd with no problems! Hopefully my score gets graded and sent to med school before secondaries come out.....

Alright, that's good to hear. I've been quite oblivious to it as well. It kind of confuses me though... Had I not known about SDN or r/premed, I wouldn't have known what CASPer is, and apparently that would mean I wouldn't be verified at some schools? Surely there has to be a mention of it somewhere in the application process, right?
The school I got into sent me an email about it after I turned in my secondary. This was in December, so had I not been on SDN regularly and known to go ahead and take it, I would have had to take it then and wait 3 weeks for it to be sent. As it stood I was able to call the school and confirm that they already had my scores, making me complete that day, and I was immediately offered an interview.

Now, this issue wouldn’t matter as much if you got all your secondaries in August, but I didn’t receive this secondary until December, so time was an issue for everything at that point.

It’s a cheap and easy test. Better to send it to one school and that way you have it ready to go even if you don’t need it, than find out you need it later and don’t have it.