doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
That's the cost for an uncooperative "patient".

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Oh my cat is the most cooperative patient in the world! He took a huge needle to his arm without wincing or meowing. They should have a well-behaved cat discount.
Garfield may not mind long needles in the "arm", but how will he fare with one in the mouth?

OP
Incis0r

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
Garfield may not mind long needles in the "arm", but how will he fare with one in the mouth?
He's much more handsome and athletic than that ugly orange tabby cat. My cat deserves to star in movies. Great personality- one of a kind.

He's leagues beyond Garfield, and he will behave in a manner that is leagues ahead of him!

Has a treatment plan been presented to him? What are his thoughts on an implant?
I asked him.

His response: "Does that mean I get more treats?"

Last edited:

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
He's much more handsome and athletic than that ugly orange tabby cat. My cat deserves to star in movies. Great personality- one of a kind. He's leagues beyond Garfield, and he will behave in a manner that is leagues ahead of him!
What you appear to be trying to say is that your tabby is an uncanny reflection of his master.

pgex2t

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
And here I was considering on getting a cat. Oh well, I hear turtles are nice...

OP
Incis0r

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
And here I was considering on getting a cat. Oh well, I hear turtles are nice...

I think I have spent ~$3,000 USD on my cat total over his 7+ years of life. So it works out to about $1.17/day, and this price includes food, medical, toys, etc.
Even if I end up paying $1K for this operation, his average daily cost will still be ~$1.56/day.

In exchange for 2 bucks a day, he brings me a ton of happiness, companionship, and is a great friend.

I'd do it again.

pgex2t

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I think I have spent ~$3,000 USD on my cat total over his 7+ years of life. So it works out to about $1.17/day, and this price includes food, medical, toys, etc.
Even if I end up paying $1K for this operation, his average daily cost will still be ~$1.56/day.

In exchange for 2 bucks a day, he brings me a ton of happiness, companionship, and is a great friend.

I'd do it again.
Oh I was half joking about it; I'm more than convinced any manner of pet will can bring someone happiness!

Reactions: Incis0r

oralcare123

7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2010
Status
Get another quote. I payed $25 per tooth for my dog, plus $125 for the general anesthesia. The maximum for a tooth extraction was $125, which is still way below $800

Reactions: Incis0r
OP
Incis0r

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
Get another quote. I payed $25 per tooth for my dog, plus $125 for the general anesthesia. The maximum for a tooth extraction was $125, which is still way below $800
Thank you for your response.

I did call around. A lot of the Vets refused to give me a more precise estimate unless I paid for an exam fee with them first. Still, I managed to get some quotes going as high as $1,200. Others went as low as $600.

That said, the Vet who gave me the $800 quote has an excellent reputation. More than cost, I care about safety, experience, and skill. I think there is something to be said for paying for the best when it comes to someone operating on a family member, and I do see my pet as part of the family. So, if I need to shell out top dollar to ensure he gets the best care, I will do that without hesitation.

Last edited: