Categorical and Still haven't heard from from some programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs2006

student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Happy holdays, happy new year and happy interviewing!! I hope everything is going well. I am applying for IM and I still have not heard from about 6-7 programs-- 1 in CA a few in the Northeast and 1 in FL. I was wondering if anyone in this forum knows what to make of this-- does this mean that I MAY get an interview or should I write them off as rejections that have not come yet? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that as long as it's still out there, you still have a chance. It is getting pretty late in the season, though. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky. I heard back from all of my programs a couple of weeks ago.

RS,
I haven't heard from one last program either. I'm figuring that if I haven't heard ANYTHING from the program at this point then I'm not going to hear. If they didn't contact me early on then they're probably not that interested. And if they're getting desperate for more applicants this late in the game and want to contact me, well screw 'em. Bottom line, I wouldn't count on hearing anything more.

I agree with the Roadrunner. There are a couple that haven't sent any indication, but I'm writing them off as rejects. Programs know that it is a big time and expense hassle for students and schools to put together application info so it is pretty rude when they just ignore applications. RR said it best- screw 'em!