1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Categorical and Still haven't heard from from some programs?

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by rs2006, Dec 21, 2005.

1. rs2006

rs2006 student
    7+ Year Member

Hi all,

Happy holdays, happy new year and happy interviewing!! I hope everything is going well. I am applying for IM and I still have not heard from about 6-7 programs-- 1 in CA a few in the Northeast and 1 in FL. I was wondering if anyone in this forum knows what to make of this-- does this mean that I MAY get an interview or should I write them off as rejections that have not come yet? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. orientedtoself

orientedtoself resident
    5+ Year Member

I think that as long as it's still out there, you still have a chance. It is getting pretty late in the season, though. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky. I heard back from all of my programs a couple of weeks ago.

4. Roadrunner

Roadrunner Member
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    RS,
    I haven't heard from one last program either. I'm figuring that if I haven't heard ANYTHING from the program at this point then I'm not going to hear. If they didn't contact me early on then they're probably not that interested. And if they're getting desperate for more applicants this late in the game and want to contact me, well screw 'em. Bottom line, I wouldn't count on hearing anything more.

5. Ice-1

Ice-1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I agree with the Roadrunner. There are a couple that haven't sent any indication, but I'm writing them off as rejects. Programs know that it is a big time and expense hassle for students and schools to put together application info so it is pretty rude when they just ignore applications. RR said it best- screw 'em!