Caucasians of Sdn!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this post is a year old..but I just wanted to comment --

You make a good point Farmercyst. I am a Russian (actually Belarussian) Jew. Being "Jewish" is not only a religion, it is also a culture and different race back where I come from. I often hear "She's not Russian, she's Jewish." Russian Jews and Russian Russians are two very different things.

I am mostly Russian, though I'd have to do some research as to what region specifically. Oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of vodka! :D I do love beer though - that bit of German must be dominant.

Members don't see this ad.

50% hungarian
50% american mix

100% nerdy white guy

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what I am? Sometimes I complete forms as caucasian, other times I'm mexican. My background is french, polish, mexican, lebanese, and greek.

I look white, my oldest brother looks lebanese, and my other brother looks mexican.

I tried joining the mexican thread but was too white and the arabic community outcasted me because of my mexican blood. Please caucasian community, keep me :thumbup:

Another Jew here ;-) Parents born in Bronx and Brooklyn, one Grandfather came from England when he was 2, another was pogrommed from Russia (Ukraine?) because he was a Jew and went to Cuba, then America. Both Grandmothers from Russia/Ukraine..Have relatives who were murdered in Holocaust :-( Anyway I agree Judaism is a culture, as well as a religion. I am culuturally Jewish but ::gasp:: do not believe in organized religion of ANY kind. It is a farce. I'm a Bill Maher type, just warning everyone :p

P.S. Grandfather become pharmacist at LIU 80 years ago!! Went on to be Attorney and City Council member..got a lot to live up to!

xox
Elle

xox
Elle

This may not be PC, but due to affirmative action type situations, I would check the box as Mexican.

I mean *I* wouldn't check it, because I'm not Mexican, but the other poster should because she is part! No need for a stick in the eye lol

Representing Greece, Ireland, Scotland, and Lithuania here. :D

No problem. Does your family ever make burek?? So delicious.
Fo Sho, my mom throws down, she makes the one with meat and another with cheese, and also goes down with a cold cup of Buttermilk(Quimist). :D But If I'm in the city {Chicago} I like to go to Lori's (albaninan Resturant) or Pickelo (a Bosnian Resturant) for pleskvica's :)

Last edited:
My dad is 100% German heritage. My mom is mostly English with some other Northern European mixed in. Both parents are at least third generation Americans, with my mom's family going back much farther. So I am white.

Interestingly, why are white people (especially men) always surprised or uncomfortable when they find out they're the minority? Everyone else in the world deals with this on a regular basis, no problems. It's interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fo Sho, my mom throws down, she makes the one with meat and another with cheese, and also goes down with a cold cup of Buttermilk(Quimist). :D But If I'm in the city {Chicago} I like to go to Lori's (albaninan Resturant) or Pickelo (a Bosnian Resturant) for pleskvica's :)

If I'm ever in Chicago I'll have to look those places up. I was in Sarajevo for 8 months so I got to try a lot of good food. I wish I could type the name of these donut-type pastries that you eat with kajmak. Starts with a "U".

Checking in.

I hate all those stupid ethnic threads...its weird that a minority group TRIES to separate itself from the population.

I'm not Caucasian but actually Persian/Indian, thus an aryan.

Do you speak Farsi by chance?

I'm a weird mix - My mother is from Iran (emigrated in 1979, after the Shah's fall) and my father is from Italy.

I'm not sure what that makes me, but I usually check the "Caucasian" box because I don't LOOK like anything else really.

And form little cliques who stick together. Like those groups of Asian kids who never talk to anyone else....

haha, we have a lot of those around here..

Checking in.

I hate all those stupid ethnic threads...its weird that a minority group TRIES to separate itself from the population.

Counterproductive maybe, but not "weird". The minority group (no matter if it be black, Asian, white or Eskimo) almost instinctively "sticks" together, thereby separating itself from the "non-minority". What I find weird is that some minorities "fight" to be a part of another group and at the same time want to be "recognized" as something other than a part of the "group".

Interestingly, why are white people (especially men) always surprised or uncomfortable when they find out they're the minority? Everyone else in the world deals with this on a regular basis, no problems. It's interesting.

Cuz white men (in America) haven't ever been the minority. And....while many other people may "deal" with it on a regular basis it's definitely not problem free.

Buy the way...I'm sort of a brown guy with an Egyptian dad, an Indian mom, a German granddad, an Eskimo grandma and purple uncle. Whoops, now I'm really in the minority.

Cheburashka, you are not white, and Russian only by passport.

In Russia, Chechens, Azeribaijanis, Armenians and Georgians are not considered white, and you know it. Please don't BS me.

I'm Armenian and I don't think that grouping Armenians with Azerbaijanis and Chechens under one category is a good idea. Ethnic Armenians have white ancestry along with Ethnic Georgians, while Azerbaijanis are Turkic people, who are Asiatic. Not only that, traditionally, we are similar to Eastern Europeans not Asians. However, since this thread specifies Caucasian, you need to get a reality check. Those 4 groups of people are the original Caucasians.

To be brutally honest with you, Armenians as an ethnic group were considered white long before Russians/Slavs even emerged as an ethnicity. Yes, that's right, 2000 years ago while we were practicing civilization and had beautiful countries, Russia did not exist.

Go read a book.

I'm Armenian and I don't think that grouping Armenians with Azerbaijanis and Chechens under one category is a good idea. Ethnic Armenians have white ancestry along with Ethnic Georgians, while Azerbaijanis are Turkic people, who are Asiatic. Not only that, traditionally, we are similar to Eastern Europeans not Asians. However, since this thread specifies Caucasian, you need to get a reality check. Those 4 groups of people are the original Caucasians.

To be brutally honest with you, Armenians as an ethnic group were considered white long before Russians/Slavs even emerged as an ethnicity. Yes, that's right, 2000 years ago while we were practicing civilization and had beautiful countries, Russia did not exist.

Go read a book.

The guy that posted that is an idiot..

My boyfriend is Armenian:)

EDIT: Even more than ethnicity, Armenians are traditionally Christian while Azerbaijanis and Turks are Muslim..

Last edited:

Go read a book.

True. Armenians were the first who accepted Christianity as a state religion in 301 AD (Russians converted in 988 AD). Armenians and Georgians are white, no matter how unpleasant it is for some jerks to accept )))

Last edited:
To be honest, even italians and spanish (from Spain I mean) are not considered white in Russia, so? Aren't they white? ))

Haha I love how yazzman was busting on the moderators at the beginning of this thread and now hes banned for trolling :rolleyes:

If it aint Scottish, it's CRAP.

And form little cliques who stick together. Like those groups of Asian kids who never talk to anyone else....

From my own experience, most Asians don't see themselves FIRST as ASIANS. The unity lies deeper. That's why you see most traditional Asians consider themselves strictly Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Cambodian, Laotian, Indian, etc. rather than calling themselves Asian.

This might also explain why there is a Caucasian SDN pharmacy thread, a Vietnamese pharmacy thread, a Chinese one, but no ASIAN SDN pharmacy thread yet...

It is what it is...

From my own experience, most Asians don't see themselves FIRST as ASIANS. The unity lies deeper. That's why you see most traditional Asians consider themselves strictly Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Cambodian, Laotian, Indian, etc. rather than calling themselves Asian.

This might also explain why there is a Caucasian SDN pharmacy thread, a Vietnamese pharmacy thread, a Chinese one, but no ASIAN SDN pharmacy thread yet...

It is what it is...

Are you trying to say there is more than meets the eye?

My Asians in da house put your hands up!!!... oops wrong thread *slowly backs away whistling as if nothing happened*

well I feel I must represent...being the first of a nation is special!

100% Dutch through an through...blonde/white hair and blue eyes. Oh, and my last name is three separate words

:laugh: I never consider myself a minority but I suppose by statistics I am. I'm 50% mexican. My dad is full mexican and my mom is your basic mass of whatever caucasion means now. It depends on what I'm filling out if I put hispanic or not. :rolleyes: Overall though I consider myself caucasion. I'm not at all tan, the only thing even remotely mexican about me is my dark hair and eyes.

Same here. Im 1/4 Mexican and whenever I work with the public people automatically start speaking to me in Spanish and I have to stop them and tell them no habla espanol. :rolleyes::laugh:

50% Polish, 50% Irish. Lily white. I could get sunburn from a lightbulb. As honky as they come. :laugh:

It is what it is...

Indeed. I lived in Japan for a year and have been around enough "Asian" people to know they definitely pride themselves on their country of origin. The reason why someone made this caucasian thread is because they were poking fun at all the different groups who have tried banding together on here. Note: Indian thread, vietnamese thread, etc etc etc.

The things that separate us - tend to not matter when other important things are at hand.

Case in point - I am white, but study with both Asians and Indians (same continent, different people, go fig) - When a test is looming - I could care less what culture you come from.

Also, in the service, color means jack - As long as you can shoot your rifle with accuracy - I couldn't care less about your skin color.

If the things that separate you dominate your social interactions - you should adjust your priorities... Just sayin'

well I feel I must represent...being the first of a nation is special!

100% Dutch through an through...blonde/white hair and blue eyes. Oh, and my last name is three separate words

Is the first word "Von" or "Van", and is the second word "der". Sorry to make broad generalizations, just curious. :D

Do you speak Farsi by chance?

I'm a weird mix - My mother is from Iran (emigrated in 1979, after the Shah's fall) and my father is from Italy.

I'm not sure what that makes me, but I usually check the "Caucasian" box because I don't LOOK like anything else really.

Naw, we were in Iran back like 500 years ago.

LOL, funny thing about Iran is that we supported the revolution against the Shah.

Someone should do an anthropological study on this! LOL!

Just thought I would start one up for us....

representin germany and france here

:cool:

Je ne suis ni Francais ou Allemand, pourtant j'aime bien toutes les langues. Auf wiedersehen :)!

ugh...religion. Will it ever end?

If it wasn't religion as we know it and as it developed, it'd be some other work of fiction being responsible for wars, mass killings, strip-searches of 13 year-old girls, Crusades, persecution, conversion or death, ad nauseum.

Humanity will always find a way to group via identity and bias accordingly.

Me = Scottish / Irish / English = Ginger (well, not quite... I've got blond hair and blue eyes, but I'm translucent and I do avoid the sun when possible)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopvtxUD5VE[/youtube]

If I'm ever in Chicago I'll have to look those places up. I was in Sarajevo for 8 months so I got to try a lot of good food. I wish I could type the name of these donut-type pastries that you eat with kajmak. Starts with a "U".

Dude I have no clue, the Balkans are known for our pastries/desserts, Gulash, Starchy Breads, HUGE EGOS :bang: and Crappy Cars
yugo.jpg

Last edited:
Big mix, russian, german, scottish, but mostly swiss...pretty much just white

anyone heard of Big B? "White Trash Renegade"...."White Boys, Make Some Noise"...."High Class White Trash"....