Caught in-between York CUNY PA program and SUNY Downstate PA Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ximenacheche

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello there,

I am caught in making the decision of staying at YORK CUNY PA program which I currently attend or applying also for SUNY Downstate. I am wondering if someone has gone to YORK and can share their experience (pros and cons) with me; as well as the pros and cons of SUNY Downstate Program.
Thanks so much for your help
:love:

I can't answer your questions about NY PA schools, I attended in NC. But why would you want to leave PA school for a program you have not even been accepted to? You know, "a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush".

Well at York, the PA program is very competitive since many students from the campus and a lot others are competing for the same spot in the PA program, which, I believe has >100 positions in the upcoming class. Also, I hear York does/is supposed to give preference to the students that actually attend the college vs. those coming from other colleges.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not start the PA program till next year, since I am currently attending York, and I have been really involved with the program so I am 99% sure they will take me in... I just had my doubts since SUNY is better known than York....

How exactly do you become involved in the PA Program ximenacheche?

I am applying to downstate and thinking of going to york. I found this forum and wanted to know - what did you decide at the end of the day and what did you learn?