bradt9881

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
NC
Status
Non-Student
Hello there,

I am caught in making the decision of staying at YORK CUNY PA program which I currently attend or applying also for SUNY Downstate. I am wondering if someone has gone to YORK and can share their experience (pros and cons) with me; as well as the pros and cons of SUNY Downstate Program.
Thanks so much for your help
:love:
I can't answer your questions about NY PA schools, I attended in NC. But why would you want to leave PA school for a program you have not even been accepted to? You know, "a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush".

ktpinnock

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2009
New York
Status
Pre-Medical
Well at York, the PA program is very competitive since many students from the campus and a lot others are competing for the same spot in the PA program, which, I believe has >100 positions in the upcoming class. Also, I hear York does/is supposed to give preference to the students that actually attend the college vs. those coming from other colleges.

OP
X

ximenacheche

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I do not start the PA program till next year, since I am currently attending York, and I have been really involved with the program so I am 99% sure they will take me in... I just had my doubts since SUNY is better known than York....

Dec 20, 2010
Status
I am applying to downstate and thinking of going to york. I found this forum and wanted to know - what did you decide at the end of the day and what did you learn?