Caution - dit are scammers!! Please read!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedzplz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was brought to the attention of the fellow SDN'ers that DIT is indeed making fake accounts and acting like students are all for the DIT course. This is very unacceptable and unethical and should be exposed to the rest of the people out there. Therefore, this is fair warning that the DIT posts that rave about how great it is, is probably a complete lie!! However, I am sure there are people out there that like it, or maybe someone is crazy enough to love it, however for the most part, they are making multiple fake accounts and acting like they are students that enjoyed the DIT program and benefited.

My personal expeirence with the DIT vids. The guy that does the lectures has to be the biggest ***** ever!! Unless something is written right there in his face, he has no idea what is going on! He literally goes page by page through first aid and reads it off. And the worst part, when he gets lazy he says stuff like, "what they have there is good, i dont have anything to add to that, just read it on your own". What are we paying you for???!! He has absolutley no side material or explanations or nothing that is his own teaching! The whole purpose of his class is to teach the FA book! And he wants to get lazy and say read it on your own!!???

Also, he is hands down the most perverted human being I have ever seen! "Go to page A, as in Apple bottom jeans"? Dude, your not cool. Not even "C like Coolio"! Your the lamest person I have ever seen. Go blow your damn nose for crying out loud, so we dont have to hear you sniffle every 2 seconds.

Seriously, the only good that came out of wathcing the video, is I found myself correcting him a ton of times! Which made me feel that I really do know my stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

It was brought to the attention of the fellow SDN'ers that DIT is indeed making fake accounts and acting like students are all for the DIT course. This is very unacceptable and unethical and should be exposed to the rest of the people out there. Therefore, this is fair warning that the DIT posts that rave about how great it is, is probably a complete lie!! However, I am sure there are people out there that like it, or maybe someone is crazy enough to love it, however for the most part, they are making multiple fake accounts and acting like they are students that enjoyed the DIT program and benefited.

My personal expeirence with the DIT vids. The guy that does the lectures has to be the biggest ***** ever!! Unless something is written right there in his face, he has no idea what is going on! He literally goes page by page through first aid and reads it off. And the worst part, when he gets lazy he says stuff like, "what they have there is good, i dont have anything to add to that, just read it on your own". What are we paying you for???!! He has absolutley no side material or explanations or nothing that is his own teaching! The whole purpose of his class is to teach the FA book! And he wants to get lazy and say read it on your own!!???

Also, he is hands down the most perverted human being I have ever seen! "Go to page A, as in Apple bottom jeans"? Dude, your not cool. Not even "C like Coolio"! Your the lamest person I have ever seen. Go blow your damn nose for crying out loud, so we dont have to hear you sniffle every 2 seconds.

Seriously, the only good that came out of wathcing the video, is I found myself correcting him a ton of times! Which made me feel that I really do know my stuff.

Well I didnt even bother with the DIT thread until you wrote this.But looking at it now just made me feel like it was a big advertisement scam i mean normal people dont sound like they do in that thread.Also if its just the FA this guy is going through you r better off doing it yourself because reading even a single sentence there yourself is worth it.

they are making multiple fake accounts and acting like they are students that enjoyed the DIT program and benefited.
I'm obviously not from DIT, and would love to "prove it" to you as much as possible if you want via PM. I just started DIT 3 days ago, and so far I really like it. YES, he is pretty much going straight out of FA. THAT is what I wanted and that is what I paid for! There's a free full length lecture on their website so you can preview it.

edit: nevermind what I was going to say.. hah. Hadn't read up on stuff. It's shady for them to do that and I disrespect them for that, but it is still a pretty good course imo (so far). Since there are a lot of legit people posting about their positive experiences, I wonder why DIT felt the need to add in fake positives?

Last edited:
that is messed up. is anyone going after them for a refund?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
aren't you the same guy who said you stole all the DIT videos from some torrent site? You obviously have an a vendetta against them.. why should we believe you.. the course is helping me a ton.

and not only that.. they have agents on their website during business hrs who are available via email or livechat to answer your questions and I'd be the first to admit that they did quite a bit for me as far as helping my scheduling and giving me realistic outlooks on certain things.

You are entitled to your opinion about the course but I think you are crossing the line here, and you're making false accusations which is not fair. Not to mention you've already invalidated yourself by admitting youre a thief yourself

I think one should take anyone who has such strong emotions against a test prep company (like the OP) with a lump of salt. I mean, dude -- it's a test.

As for DIT, I did it, and I felt it really helped. I'm a class-goer, and I need things said for me to understand them. I also find myself in a "study rut" after the 1st two run-throughs, where I concentrate on what I already know instead of picking out what I'd missed. DIT helps with a fairly thorough run-through of FA, and the fact that he does it out of order further reinforces material in your minds. I've also gotten a few questions solely based off of random stuff that he's said/added to FA.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the guy will magically increase your score by 30 pts, but if you need audio input, the guy presents FA in a way that I found quite helpful.

Regardless of your opinion on the course itself or the op you have to admit that if they are making fake accounts to claim the course is great then that is absolutely terrible of them. The reason sdn is so great is that its advice from fellow students and not some corporate sham. Obviously many companies do this anyway but that is absolutely no excuse.

I did find the course helpful and do recommend it but many of the op's complaints are valid. There are a few times where he says "The next section is extremely important, so I will let you read that on your own..." He also mispronounces a bunch of words which gets a little irritating after a while.

Regardless of your opinion on the course itself or the op you have to admit that if they are making fake accounts to claim the course is great then that is absolutely terrible of them. The reason sdn is so great is that its advice from fellow students and not some corporate sham. Obviously many companies do this anyway but that is absolutely no excuse.

I did find the course helpful and do recommend it but many of the op's complaints are valid. There are a few times where he says "The next section is extremely important, so I will let you read that on your own..." He also mispronounces a bunch of words which gets a little irritating after a while.

I see the claim, but is there a link to where this took place or where there is proof? I would of course be angry as well if it were true.. but given the emotion behind this post and his earlier posts, I'm skeptical for now.

I see the claim, but is there a link to where this took place or where there is proof? I would of course be angry as well if it were true.. but given the emotion behind this post and his earlier posts, I'm skeptical for now.

The forum titled "DIT Recommended". The one that has like a 7 page thread going. If you go to the bottom of page 6, there is a 5 year MODERATOR that went on there yesterday and deleted some posts they found to be from the DIT guys. He was the one that brought this to everyone's attention.

DIT is shady as hell for doing such a thing! Students should take action against it and spread the word. I really hope that the people that were acting so low get a chance to read this. It all caught up to you, and you have been exposed!! Maybe you should go back to school, become a kindergarden teacher, and read out of a book to those students. The truth is that no one on here actually benefited from additional knowelge. It was just a good thing to go along w/ to get you to get through a good amount of FA per day. I did the goljan audio before this. Its unreal how much more I have written in my FA b/c of Goljan. I literally wrote 2 things in my FA after DIT, and I highly doubt they are even useful.

A as in apple bottom jeans!? LOL!! YOU LOSER!

The forum titled "DIT Recommended". The one that has like a 7 page thread going. If you go to the bottom of page 6, there is a 5 year MODERATOR that went on there yesterday and deleted some posts they found to be from the DIT guys. He was the one that brought this to everyone's attention.

DIT is shady as hell for doing such a thing! Students should take action against it and spread the word. I really hope that the people that were acting so low get a chance to read this. It all caught up to you, and you have been exposed!! Maybe you should go back to school, become a kindergarden teacher, and read out of a book to those students. The truth is that no one on here actually benefited from additional knowelge. It was just a good thing to go along w/ to get you to get through a good amount of FA per day. I did the goljan audio before this. Its unreal how much more I have written in my FA b/c of Goljan. I literally wrote 2 things in my FA after DIT, and I highly doubt they are even useful.

I agree with you it is inappropriate they are doing that sort of thing, definitely unethical.. I disagree with you about the course being unhelpful, my %s have gone up every week since starting and I've written in a ton of stuff. People learn in different ways and just because he didnt help you doesn't mean he doesnt help other people.

And you got tone it down with the emotion a little bit, you make it hard to want to sympathize with you.

I cannot say I am a fan because of some reasons already mentioned in this thread, but this is my own opinion and we all have our styles when we study. What I can tell you worked better for me was getting a good study partner (SP). We both go through FA together online via skype and I think it's great and much more beneficial. I add stuff from UW that I've seen and he adds some relevant points from other resources he's read and we both benefit. I am just mentioning this because, like many of you, I do better when there's audio..I get that..but it doesn't always have to be a DVD or video. If you can find someone dedicated and smart to read along with you, then this is something you might want to consider as an alternative. I got through Goljan this way and now I am doing it for FA. I was able to answer a good number of UW q's because I remembered what my SP and I discussed.
I hope this helps. Good Luck to you all!

Last edited:
i'm not a fan of DIT either but you do need to tone it down a bit. You're acting as though you got ripped off somehow but you've even admitted you didn't pay for the course so you should actually be happy that you didn't pay for something you ended up not liking.

I'll admit as well that even though i hated his course i did actually benefit from it even though i stopped at day 9. I'm fully capable of going through first aid on my own and learning but as others mentioned, he does make you look at the stuff that you normally would have glossed over because you don't like it. My examples would be the behavioral sciences and neuroleptics. I never really understood the difference between high/low potency typicals and atypicals and i use to always miss those questions on uworld, but now i know i have a good grasp of their differences and i thank him for that.

What they did was shady and no respectable company should be posting false reviews; but I'm moreso disappointed in DIT because it tries to come off as a kind of 'mom and pop' course in that they make it seem like this is something Dr. Jenkins does by himself in order to just help students out and these acts expose it to be just another course trying to get you to hand over your money.

I was actually considering taking this course. but now they totally lost my respect, if they feel the need for behaving the way they did, they must be convinced that their product is crap and thats why they cant get customers otherwise. anyways, thanks for bringing this to my attention OP!

Members don't see this ad :)

Why are you so worked up about a course you didnt pay for? It mightve sucked but YOU DIDNT PAY FOR IT, so move on.

I was pissed off about the shilling because I was about to buy it based on the positive vs negative testimonials on the big thread and any other old threads I dug up and it wouldve sucked to find out after the fact that many of the positive reviews were by DIT employees.

He's more worked up about the "Apple Bottom Jeans" line than anything else.

But I'm mad at the course as well. Many people in my class bought it, and I know of only one who actually liked it.

i believe their claim of a 237 average among people who take their course even less now

Wow, one scammer posting a hate post about a "scamming company" - I love the hypocrisy of this world. Makes me sick.

I'm not with DIT, and I didn't use them for Step 1 - didn't know much about them, but they really have bumped up the advertising bit the past year, especially on facebook and apparently some school-mate had them over (I didn't show up to their dinner festivities). Anyway, I'm using them for Step 2 and while I'm not happy about what's happened, I'm so far happy over my progress thanks to their course. So, I can't say it hurt. Hell, Kaplan's out charging 3500 for big time courses and a cool 350 for some bull**** "High Yield Q/A" session. Riiight. 350 for that, when you came pay 700 for a more complete review. Yeah, Dr. Jenkins is a true scammer alright ... what does that make you, OP? Using their product for free and then posting like they personally did something to you ...? :laugh:

He's more worked up about the "Apple Bottom Jeans" line than anything else.

But I'm mad at the course as well. Many people in my class bought it, and I know of only one who actually liked it.

yeah crap, i was so hoping that was true, one big reason why i bought it, lol

You can attack me for stating the obvious. Even though I am sure some of you are from DIT and continuing your shady game. The reality is, I am calling out DIT b/c they are leading us students on to believe their program is better than it is via fake testimonials on SDN. The fact that a 5 year moderator had to call this out to us means that its probably out of control, and they are doing it way too much.

As for my free videos. I got them from a friend who found the course useless, but thought I would give it a try. I didnt learn anything from the guy teaching. Not a word. I followed along for some of it just so I can be forced to review my notes in first aid. And btw, a lot of you are trying to single me out for having the vids for free, and calling me the real scammer. I have had EIGHT people from SDN PM me in regards to the "bootleg" versions! Eight people have msged me in two days to get the vids for free. I dont have a boot-leg version, just the ones a friend paid for.

And last, regardless of what I did, or how I went about getting the videos. Telling me I am a scamming just like DIT is way off. I got my vids from a friend, thats barley a scam. However, coming on SDN and contributing 100s of fake posts raving about a course that people really dont like, and then charing THOUSANDS of dollars is what I know as a scam! I may have gotten my vids for free. But calling the lies of DIT is saving alot of you a ton of money! The scammer here is clearly DIT for lieing to us and making up fake testimonials, and furthermore charging students thousands of dollars!!

Your welcome for the "look-out" docs! I was just trying to help out here, considering we are all on the same boat, and throwing away thousands is just not do-able yet.. Not until after residency atleast!

You can attack me for stating the obvious. Even though I am sure some of you are from DIT and continuing your shady game. The reality is, I am calling out DIT b/c they are leading us students on to believe their program is better than it is via fake testimonials on SDN. The fact that a 5 year moderator had to call this out to us means that its probably out of control, and they are doing it way too much.

As for my free videos. I got them from a friend who found the course useless, but thought I would give it a try. I didnt learn anything from the guy teaching. Not a word. I followed along for some of it just so I can be forced to review my notes in first aid. And btw, a lot of you are trying to single me out for having the vids for free, and calling me the real scammer. I have had EIGHT people from SDN PM me in regards to the "bootleg" versions! Eight people have msged me in two days to get the vids for free. I dont have a boot-leg version, just the ones a friend paid for.

And last, regardless of what I did, or how I went about getting the videos. Telling me I am a scamming just like DIT is way off. I got my vids from a friend, thats barley a scam. However, coming on SDN and contributing 100s of fake posts raving about a course that people really dont like, and then charing THOUSANDS of dollars is what I know as a scam! I may have gotten my vids for free. But calling the lies of DIT is saving alot of you a ton of money! The scammer here is clearly DIT for lieing to us and making up fake testimonials, and furthermore charging students thousands of dollars!!

Your welcome for the "look-out" docs! I was just trying to help out here, considering we are all on the same boat, and throwing away thousands is just not do-able yet.. Not until after residency atleast!
Better be careful, you just admitted to breaching copyright law and now you're eligible for 5 years in prison or a $250,000 fine. :laugh:

I dont see why people attack you to be honest, I am at least rly thankful that you brought this to our (MY) attention as I was considering paying for the course and missed the Moderator who pointed it out to you.
I guess I rather pay that money for some holidays now and go through FA by myself. anywho, good luck with your studies!

I dont see why people attack you to be honest, I am at least rly thankful that you brought this to our (MY) attention as I was considering paying for the course and missed the Moderator who pointed it out to you.
I guess I rather pay that money for some holidays now and go through FA by myself. anywho, good luck with your studies!

Thanks for the back up! haha. I had 3 more people PM me today for the vids. I guess people dont care if they suck, the fact that they can possibly get them for free is worth the waste of time. However, there is no link, no nothing. I simply got them from a friend, and thats the end of it.

As for going through FA on your own. Great idea. The best thing to use is U-rx. If your going to spend money on a class, it better teach you something, or fill in a bunch of gaps. If you look at the kaplan vids, everything FA has, they question "WHY". Therefore it really allows you to learn the material not just read it.

And as for DIT. Since we are well aware they are all over this site making fake claims, why don't one of your people reply to us on this forum. It would be a good move considering many people who saw this are NOT going to commit $700 to your company no more. You have some explaining to do, and we are all ears. Got it, D as in Dirty Dog?? :eek:

Just took a practice test and finished it not too long ago... scored 23 pts higher than I did 2 weeks ago when I started the course.. did nothing but DIT and UW since then (2 weeks ago i did UWSA#2 and today i did UWSA1) and I still have days 12-15 of DIT left... so take it for what its worth...

Regardless of whether you think DIT is worth it or not, getting the videos from a friend is illegal, and distributing them is equally illegal (and likely to get you some phone calls). If you didn't pay for it, it is bootleg.

I don't get how people are using DIT's guerrilla (albeit unethical) advertising campaign as something that reflects on the quality of the actual product. I mean end of the day, I'd prefer people NOT to use it just because I'm a competetive SOB and want my score to stand out, but I don't think a product should be judged until it's used. I was butt hurt about their ethics as well, and coupled with some previous apprehensions regarding study time available, decided not to get the Step 2 DIT course. However, I still hold to my claim that the Step 1 lectures were a superb product...and I don't feel bad about getting it since I heard about it from a good friend who had used it (which I guess could be shady if he was somehow an undercover DIT employee), and not from potentially bogus SDN posts.

my 2 cents on this issue...

I have used DIT for my USMLE prep, I found it useful to get started with FA and I had 4-5 questions from their workbook that appeared on my step 1 that was not covered in FA. I would say the course is only for people who need some structure for step 1 prep. If you are self-driven and have no problem going through first aid on your then I would say the course is a waste. You may just want to borrow a friends filled in DIT workbook and go over that.

I don't remember if it was this forum or a different one there was someone offering to sell boot legged DIT stuff. So it could be that it's these scammers promoting DIT so they could sell people bootlegged stuff.

If it was DIT employees than it is really shameful and I regret buying their product.

Regardless of whether you think DIT is worth it or not, getting the videos from a friend is illegal, and distributing them is equally illegal (and likely to get you some phone calls). If you didn't pay for it, it is bootleg.

I believe previewing a friends videos to aid in making a decision on whether or not to purchase falls within fair use.

I believe previewing a friends videos to aid in making a decision on whether or not to purchase falls within fair use.

not under the law it isnt. but I see what youre saying, its not like anything would happen but legally a lawyer could win a case against you for that under the terms you agree too when you purchase the course

Isn't this Student DOCTOR network? Or Lawyer network? I never knew some of you had such a great back round in law. I guess I skipped Law 101 in 2nd year. Let me make myself clear. This forum was there to help you people realize that not ALL of the DIT positive posts were from real students. The moderator is the one that notified everyone on here of it, and I just made it a separate forum in order for people to be aware.

Alot of you are attacking me. I simply tried to help alot of you. My thoughts of the course are perfectly fine. People on here complain all day and night about how horrible kaplan qbank may be, or how one of the nbme exams is bull****t. I am allowed to voice my opinion. As for the videos. I saw them after a friend didnt want to complete the course. I watched a couple. EVERYDAY I get people on this site PM me for the vids. I DO NOT HAVE VIDS TO DISTRIBUTE. If you want to watch DIT, go to the website and purchase the course. This forum was not intended to give out videos that do not exist. It was to let you be aware that there are a lot of people on here raving about DIT, however alot of it is fake according to the MODERATOR!

So you can accuse me or attack me any way you feel best. I personally think you should take that time to study your FA. This thread was only to let you be aware of what the moderator said, not me. I expressed my personal opinion about the lectures. Which is what everyone on here does.

Isn't this Student DOCTOR network? Or Lawyer network? I never knew some of you had such a great back round in law. I guess I skipped Law 101 in 2nd year. Let me make myself clear. This forum was there to help you people realize that not ALL of the DIT positive posts were from real students. The moderator is the one that notified everyone on here of it, and I just made it a separate forum in order for people to be aware.

Alot of you are attacking me. I simply tried to help alot of you. My thoughts of the course are perfectly fine. People on here complain all day and night about how horrible kaplan qbank may be, or how one of the nbme exams is bull****t. I am allowed to voice my opinion. As for the videos. I saw them after a friend didnt want to complete the course. I watched a couple. EVERYDAY I get people on this site PM me for the vids. I DO NOT HAVE VIDS TO DISTRIBUTE. If you want to watch DIT, go to the website and purchase the course. This forum was not intended to give out videos that do not exist. It was to let you be aware that there are a lot of people on here raving about DIT, however alot of it is fake according to the MODERATOR!

So you can accuse me or attack me any way you feel best. I personally think you should take that time to study your FA. This thread was only to let you be aware of what the moderator said, not me. I expressed my personal opinion about the lectures. Which is what everyone on here does.

In another thread you directly stated you downloaded all the videos bootleg and would distribute them and have done so. I know I'm not the only person who read that, I'm sure by now you were smart enough to go edit that statement out to cover your ass. My issue with you is your immaturity about the situation, your blatant declaration that you obtained the videos illegally and am glad you didn't pay for them because you dont like them (which is fine, but the means you made that determination is not ok in my book). I appreciate you making us aware of the situation of the DIT user imposters, I do not appreciate how you went above and beyond simply relaying that information. And don't say that is all you did because thats a lie. And you're right, it is the student DOCTOR network, and you're ethical principles are not off to a good start.

In another thread you directly stated you downloaded all the videos bootleg and would distribute them and have done so. I know I'm not the only person who read that, I'm sure by now you were smart enough to go edit that statement out to cover your ass. My issue with you is your immaturity about the situation, your blatant declaration that you obtained the videos illegally and am glad you didn't pay for them because you dont like them (which is fine, but the means you made that determination is not ok in my book). I appreciate you making us aware of the situation of the DIT user imposters, I do not appreciate how you went above and beyond simply relaying that information. And don't say that is all you did because thats a lie. And you're right, it is the student DOCTOR network, and you're ethical principles are not off to a good start.

Either pedzplz is someone they just fired from DIT or a kaplan marketeer--they jury is still not out....:scared:

I just bought DIT, and if I paid to have a guy read FA to me word-for-word, I would be thrilled. I'm not going to start it for another month, but there is a zero percent chance that I am actually going to read FA myself. The book sucks, and I hate reading books to study anyway. I look at FA as an outline for what I need to know, but reading FA is not how I am going to learn that info.

If someone is reading FA to me and telling me what he thinks is important, along with quizzes and supplemental questions, then it is worth every cent to me.

The lady I bought DIT from told us that Dr. Jenkins would be the first one to tell you that his course isn't for everybody. But he thinks he's got a pretty good product, and has built a pretty good business out of it. At this point, everyone knows what DIT is all about. If you don't think that's for you, don't buy it. Personally, I think it is the best idea ever. To each their own.

I just bought DIT, and if I paid to have a guy read FA to me word-for-word, I would be thrilled. I'm not going to start it for another month, but there is a zero percent chance that I am actually going to read FA myself. The book sucks, and I hate reading books to study anyway. I look at FA as an outline for what I need to know, but reading FA is not how I am going to learn that info.

If someone is reading FA to me and telling me what he thinks is important, along with quizzes and supplemental questions, then it is worth every cent to me.

The lady I bought DIT from told us that Dr. Jenkins would be the first one to tell you that his course isn't for everybody. But he thinks he's got a pretty good product, and has built a pretty good business out of it. At this point, everyone knows what DIT is all about. If you don't think that's for you, don't buy it. Personally, I think it is the best idea ever. To each their own.

To each their own indeed. I was voicing my opinion. I hope it works out for you. Good luck

dude this is EXACTLY the reason I bought it.. on the course I study for 12 hrs a day.. In my first two years of medical school, I probably studied 12 hrs a year lol.. he forces you through it.. just make sure that before you start day 2 you review everything you did on day 1 and so on.. thats how its supposed to be done and you will quite honestly be surprised with how much you retained when you redo the quizzes. I'm on day 13 now, eww pulmonology.

That is how I found benefit from it. Aside from the day before the test and annotating in stuff from UWorld and a sporadic time or two, I never really read FA other than the course. I don't work for DIT, I remember I said I liked it a few times on that thread. Seems weird these allegations would be the case.

I just finished step one and thought that DIT was very helpful. All the HY stuff he mentioned was on the test... so I'm not sure what all the fus is over. Granted there was also some stuff not in DIT and also not in FA, or UW but that's to be expected with this test. Overall I think that DIT isn't magic bullet, its kinda like taking Kaplan for the MCAT- works for some but not others. Basically, if I don't get the score I want, I only have myself to blame.

if you had actually paid for the course and recieved the workbook you would have gotten way more out of it. jenkins makes no bones about how he is going to read FA to you. they never once argue that the class is not structured around that book. there are really two parts to DIT:

1. someone reads everything to you and adds most of what you would get from outside review books (HY neuro, HY cell&molec, etc)

2. forces you to do a bunch of none MCQs during the course of reading the book

depending on who you are either of those could be very valuable. for some people its #1, for some its #2 - but irregardless the majority of people will respond to one of those two methods. if you're not one of them, don't waste your time.

I've heard a few people say they really like it. (One of my buddies just hates sitting and reading......he feels like he can't do it and needs someone to take him through it. He is also the guy who always goes to lecture and listens to the recordings to study so I think it really depends on the type of studying you like to do.)

I just started listening to the 2011 DIT lectures and I agree, Dr. J is basically an idiot. He looks down and reads off the page 75% of the time and I'm convinced he only understands half of the words that are coming out of his mouth. It takes me forever to get through each lecture because I'm constantly hitting the "Feedback" button to reply about errors that came out of his mouth (i.e. that "glucocorticoids inhibit apoptosis" or that "CN IX is the stylopharyngeous nerve"). I'm like...Wow, you sound so stupid, did you really just say that?

They have some new lecturers this year that actually seems to know what they're talking about so that breaks up the monotony of listening to his voice and is probably the courses only saving grace. I also noticed a ton of errors where Dr. J either accidentally referred to a page in the 2010 version of FA or stood there and read something that was in 2010 and not 2011 FA. I'm convinced that he did not record any new lectures this year and only did voice overs with the 2011 page numbers (you can actually hear these if you listen closely--his voice changes).

Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who needs structure and lectures and my window of opportunity for a refund has passed so I'm stuck with DIT but I will continue to fill there inbox with emails about errors because I can't believe they would put there name on such a crappy product and feel good about it.

I just started listening to the 2011 DIT lectures and I agree, Dr. J is basically an idiot. He looks down and reads off the page 75% of the time and I'm convinced he only understands half of the words that are coming out of his mouth. It takes me forever to get through each lecture because I'm constantly hitting the "Feedback" button to reply about errors that came out of his mouth (i.e. that "glucocorticoids inhibit apoptosis" or that "CN IX is the stylopharyngeous nerve"). I'm like...Wow, you sound so stupid, did you really just say that?

They have some new lecturers this year that actually seems to know what they're talking about so that breaks up the monotony of listening to his voice and is probably the courses only saving grace. I also noticed a ton of errors where Dr. J either accidentally referred to a page in the 2010 version of FA or stood there and read something that was in 2010 and not 2011 FA. I'm convinced that he did not record any new lectures this year and only did voice overs with the 2011 page numbers (you can actually hear these if you listen closely--his voice changes).

Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who needs structure and lectures and my window of opportunity for a refund has passed so I'm stuck with DIT but I will continue to fill there inbox with emails about errors because I can't believe they would put there name on such a crappy product and feel good about it.

Really? Has anyone else started the 2011 that feels the same way??

I've heard nothing but great things about DIT from the upperclassmen at my school, and I have been impressed with their customer service. Actually now that I think about it, this is the first negative thing I've heard!

There isn't really a good alternative either. Falcon just started a program, but its still kind of up in the air since its the first year...

I finished 2011 DIT and I agree. DIT isn't magic and shouldn't be the backbone of your study plan. He really does read just first aid to you, and the whole thing comes across as cheap and corny because of the voice overs and brain teaser videos. But it will push you through first aid and thats what counts. 2 of the guest speakers are pretty good especially the embryo and ob/gyn guy. By the end, the sound of Dr. Jenkin's voice will make you want to drink bleach. But it will push you through first aid and add a few new tid bits of info and thats what counts.

Yup its worth it because it puts you through FA, for those of us at our peak! its hard to study and review a few weeks before your exam. You get burnt out and DIT just kinda reads you a book, but in a good way...I dunno I like it....

I tired doing the Taus method but I found that I was spending way too much time trying to annotate. i didn't know what was important to add. Also getting through FA by myself was just impossible. I am doing DIT right now watching the videos AND doing the questions and practice quizzes. I should be done with the vidoes by the end of next week. I then have 8 weeks to read Goljan, do uworld questions and clear up any topics I don't feel comfortable with in FA. DIT is just a way to get through FA for those that find it hard to do by yourself...

I saw the title of this thread, and while it is pretty old, i found it to be pretty untrue, so i thought i would chime in. I am currently on day 11 of the 2011 DIT program, and wanted to say how it has helped me. I have taken NBME 1-7 so far so it has been pretty well documented how my progress has been. Before I get into my scores I want to say that DIT is good to help you peak. It gives you the highest yeild stuff, in an interactive way.

So i took NMBE 5- 640/253 about 3 months ago. After this point I rewatched all of the kaplan videos, did usmle Consult, did qbook, half of uworld and did FA Q&A. I was hoping for my scores to jump up since i was working pretty hard everyday for about 2 months. Then I took NBME 6 640/253. I was a bit disappointed and figured I had peaked. So i signed up for DIT 2011 and followed the course exactly as Dr. Jenkins layed it out. After the first 5 days of lectures I took UWSA 1- 800/265. I was happy, but figured that the UWSA were just easier and didnt want to get ahead of myself. Today, after doing 5 more days of lectures I did NBME 7- 650/257 and UWSA2- 770/263 back to back. I know in my 8th block of the day i was pretty drained, so dont feel too bad about my score decrease from UWSA1 to UWSA2.

So DIT has been really helping me so far, from a point were it really seemed like i had peaked. I do acknowledge the knowledge main not be as long lasting as some other sources, but it really helps you to do your best. I have my exam in 12 days, and have full faith in DIT and there process.

I saw the title of this thread, and while it is pretty old, i found it to be pretty untrue, so i thought i would chime in. I am currently on day 11 of the 2011 DIT program, and wanted to say how it has helped me. I have taken NBME 1-7 so far so it has been pretty well documented how my progress has been. Before I get into my scores I want to say that DIT is good to help you peak. It gives you the highest yeild stuff, in an interactive way.

So i took NMBE 5- 640/253 about 3 months ago. After this point I rewatched all of the kaplan videos, did usmle Consult, did qbook, half of uworld and did FA Q&A. I was hoping for my scores to jump up since i was working pretty hard everyday for about 2 months. Then I took NBME 6 640/253. I was a bit disappointed and figured I had peaked. So i signed up for DIT 2011 and followed the course exactly as Dr. Jenkins layed it out. After the first 5 days of lectures I took UWSA 1- 800/265. I was happy, but figured that the UWSA were just easier and didnt want to get ahead of myself. Today, after doing 5 more days of lectures I did NBME 7- 650/257 and UWSA2- 770/263 back to back. I know in my 8th block of the day i was pretty drained, so dont feel too bad about my score decrease from UWSA1 to UWSA2.

So DIT has been really helping me so far, from a point were it really seemed like i had peaked. I do acknowledge the knowledge main not be as long lasting as some other sources, but it really helps you to do your best. I have my exam in 12 days, and have full faith in DIT and there process.

If i score >250 on back to back NMBEs/self assesments, i'm taking the real thing a week later and not registering for a prep course.