Caution - dit are scammers!! Please read!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedzplz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was brought to the attention of the fellow SDN'ers that DIT is indeed making fake accounts and acting like students are all for the DIT course. This is very unacceptable and unethical and should be exposed to the rest of the people out there. Therefore, this is fair warning that the DIT posts that rave about how great it is, is probably a complete lie!! However, I am sure there are people out there that like it, or maybe someone is crazy enough to love it, however for the most part, they are making multiple fake accounts and acting like they are students that enjoyed the DIT program and benefited.

My personal expeirence with the DIT vids. The guy that does the lectures has to be the biggest ***** ever!! Unless something is written right there in his face, he has no idea what is going on! He literally goes page by page through first aid and reads it off. And the worst part, when he gets lazy he says stuff like, "what they have there is good, i dont have anything to add to that, just read it on your own". What are we paying you for???!! He has absolutley no side material or explanations or nothing that is his own teaching! The whole purpose of his class is to teach the FA book! And he wants to get lazy and say read it on your own!!???

Also, he is hands down the most perverted human being I have ever seen! "Go to page A, as in Apple bottom jeans"? Dude, your not cool. Not even "C like Coolio"! Your the lamest person I have ever seen. Go blow your damn nose for crying out loud, so we dont have to hear you sniffle every 2 seconds.

Seriously, the only good that came out of wathcing the video, is I found myself correcting him a ton of times! Which made me feel that I really do know my stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw the title of this thread, and while it is pretty old, i found it to be pretty untrue, so i thought i would chime in. I am currently on day 11 of the 2011 DIT program, and wanted to say how it has helped me. I have taken NBME 1-7 so far so it has been pretty well documented how my progress has been. Before I get into my scores I want to say that DIT is good to help you peak. It gives you the highest yeild stuff, in an interactive way.

So i took NMBE 5- 640/253 about 3 months ago. After this point I rewatched all of the kaplan videos, did usmle Consult, did qbook, half of uworld and did FA Q&A. I was hoping for my scores to jump up since i was working pretty hard everyday for about 2 months. Then I took NBME 6 640/253. I was a bit disappointed and figured I had peaked. So i signed up for DIT 2011 and followed the course exactly as Dr. Jenkins layed it out. After the first 5 days of lectures I took UWSA 1- 800/265. I was happy, but figured that the UWSA were just easier and didnt want to get ahead of myself. Today, after doing 5 more days of lectures I did NBME 7- 650/257 and UWSA2- 770/263 back to back. I know in my 8th block of the day i was pretty drained, so dont feel too bad about my score decrease from UWSA1 to UWSA2.

So DIT has been really helping me so far, from a point were it really seemed like i had peaked. I do acknowledge the knowledge main not be as long lasting as some other sources, but it really helps you to do your best. I have my exam in 12 days, and have full faith in DIT and there process.

Why have you not taken the exam yet if you scored a 253 three months back? And what do you propose a course like DIT can do for you if you are scoring 250+ before even your dedicated studying?

I saw the title of this thread, and while it is pretty old, i found it to be pretty untrue, so i thought i would chime in. I am currently on day 11 of the 2011 DIT program, and wanted to say how it has helped me. I have taken NBME 1-7 so far so it has been pretty well documented how my progress has been. Before I get into my scores I want to say that DIT is good to help you peak. It gives you the highest yeild stuff, in an interactive way.

So i took NMBE 5- 640/253 about 3 months ago. After this point I rewatched all of the kaplan videos, did usmle Consult, did qbook, half of uworld and did FA Q&A. I was hoping for my scores to jump up since i was working pretty hard everyday for about 2 months. Then I took NBME 6 640/253. I was a bit disappointed and figured I had peaked. So i signed up for DIT 2011 and followed the course exactly as Dr. Jenkins layed it out. After the first 5 days of lectures I took UWSA 1- 800/265. I was happy, but figured that the UWSA were just easier and didnt want to get ahead of myself. Today, after doing 5 more days of lectures I did NBME 7- 650/257 and UWSA2- 770/263 back to back. I know in my 8th block of the day i was pretty drained, so dont feel too bad about my score decrease from UWSA1 to UWSA2.

So DIT has been really helping me so far, from a point were it really seemed like i had peaked. I do acknowledge the knowledge main not be as long lasting as some other sources, but it really helps you to do your best. I have my exam in 12 days, and have full faith in DIT and there process.

It is people like you that show why I love SDN so much. Going after that 300, aren't you. :thumbup:

Why have you not taken the exam yet if you scored a 253 three months back? And what do you propose a course like DIT can do for you if you are scoring 250+ before even your dedicated studying?

Well it would seem like i am a bit Obsessive compulsive about this whole thing. I honestly would be happy with anything 250+ but my school has us take a 6 month leave of absence to prepare for step 1. (Im at a Caribbean school, so most of my classmates would take a full review course and all and study many months before taking the test). So I am going to end up trying the match the same year whether or not I took it 3 months ago or next week. At this point though I really would like to put down all this step 1 stuff and start diving into all things step 2.

The reason I needed to do this course was that with studying over such an extended period of time i find that i would miss things i used to know or things that were highlighted, or already written in my first aid. I have trouble sitting with FA and staying focused, so it is helpful for me to have a structured review of everything over a short period of time. Also with DIT having the mini quizzes several times throughout the lectures it forces me to make sure i really know things, that i would only assume i knew till i saw a question on it.

The 2011 videos are pretty nice too. I will admit that it does seem like some parts are the same as the previous year since the change of page numbers and small details is voiced over. But just as i thought it was worth it to do the newest FA, I think it is worth it to do the newest DIT since there are some small things that have been added, and those things are probably the most important. Also this year there are some new lecturers, and they are pretty good. Also The have these small skits as breaks in the lectures called "right brain bonuses" where they reinforce a mnemonic in a fun way.

I really signed up for DIT because i wanted to take the exam at my peak. I have done all the question banks and done tons and tons of books and videos, but i want to have all the highest yeild stuff fresh in my mind right before the test. I think for me, my brain has a capacity at which for me to learn something new, i am going to forget something else. That being the case, I want to fill my head with the most relevant stuff that i can.

So DIT is pretty solid. I would recommend it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regardless of whether you think DIT is worth it or not, getting the videos from a friend is illegal, and distributing them is equally illegal (and likely to get you some phone calls). If you didn't pay for it, it is bootleg.
Something tells me that reading First Aid out loud and then selling it as your own product is illegal too, unless the people at First Aid agreed to it, which I highly doubt.

Falcon recently came out with a First Aid learning module. I think it's a great way to go through first aid. The prof takes you through short 15-20 min videos at a time while pointing out high yield facts. It also adds high yield points not mentioned in first aid. I was told by some friends that I if I want to use first aid that I should be supplementing and adding material too it. This is a great new resource and I didn't even have to waste time supplementing. I haven't watch the DIT videos but the First Aid course through Falcon was great! I added the website if you guys want to check it out.

http://www.falconreviews.com/firstaid/

good luck guys!

Wait. I'm not sure I'm getting it...perhaps if you plug this (your?) product in a third thread on this forum I'll understand how awesome this program may be...

there must be something in the Caribbean water...
most of the crazy high scores I see around here 250+ are from people in the Caribbean

Part of the problem is how First Aid is referred to as the Bible of Step 1.

Beginning of second year the advice heard round was to memorize First Aid word for word. As we all start trying to do this, it becomes painfully apparent that First Aid is more of a workbook that needs to be filled in with your own explanations and thought process on how things work.

DIT is good in that its a great review at the end of your board studying or as a place to start studying. It's not at all helpful in trying to actively learn a particular organ system (in my opinion).

Is it worth 800? Probably not. Im amazed at how easy it would be to show images of various stuff (such as a picture of aplastic anemia) and wonder why they dont show a brief image, as well as a plethora of other things.

there must be something in the Caribbean water...
most of the crazy high scores I see around here 250+ are from people in the Caribbean

They have a much higher hoop to jump.

Caribbean 250 = US MD 222.

And for every Caribbean 250 you see, there are 10 Caribbean 170s, with no residency and a buttload of private loans.

Wondering if the DIT course can be broken up over the course of a month? Would any of you recommend that so that you can watch fewer videos per day over a longer period of time? Thanks!

Wondering if the DIT course can be broken up over the course of a month? Would any of you recommend that so that you can watch fewer videos per day over a longer period of time? Thanks!

This is EXACTLY what I am doing. I am only doing 2 lectures a day instead of three since it takes me about 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours to get through one lecture. I then spend the rest of my day doing 50 Uworld questions and reading RR path.

So its about 5 hours of DIT (two lectures)
3-4 hours of Uworld depending on how long it takes me to get though the explanations and annotate into FA
3-4 hours of RR path.
I take 30 min to eat lunch....have 30 min total of break time between DIT lectures, Uworld and RR. I take an hour for dinner and an hour each day to work out.
I'll be doing this from now until June 12th!

I've also found that alot of what I wanted to annotate from Uworld into FA is already annotate by DIT. I should also say I take post it notes and write notes from the DIT lectures and stick it into FA...

Last edited:
That is what I did. Some of the lectures are too dense so I had to split them into 1.5-2 per day. I also took a long weeked off, which was nice :) Looked over RR Path a few times too.

Some of those DIT lectures are just painfully draining, while others you can blitz through without much worry. It is also related to what your strengths are. It takes a pretty determined person to do the 3 lectures a day, a block of questions and book review EVERY day. I'd try to get a few 3 lecture days knocked out as a way to prevent falling behind later if something pops up or you want to spend more time on a topic.

I've heard some people doing other things after their 3 lectures ( besides a block a question) the same day----I guess that's out of the question?

Can somebody just come to my house every morning and make me sit and tell me do this first, do this second, eat this, time to pee, ok do this next---like I'm willing to work but too many options! what is the correct path!!!!!!:eek: