Cbc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Redgar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email a couple days ago from amcas that a criminal background check had been requested for me. I hadn't bothered to read to the bottom until today to add a certiphi email address to my "safe" list, which I just did, but I was wondering, how long does it take to get the email from certiphi asking for your consent? It's already been two days and still no email. I'd hate to lose my acceptance because of some techincality like this...

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email a couple days ago from amcas that a criminal background check had been requested for me. I hadn't bothered to read to the bottom until today to add a certiphi email address to my "safe" list, which I just did, but I was wondering, how long does it take to get the email from certiphi asking for your consent? It's already been two days and still no email. I'd hate to lose my acceptance because of some techincality like this...

I was worried about the same thing when I got an amcas email around the 11/20 and then no second email even after a week of waiting. I called certiphi and they were really nice, they told me that the emails were going out on 11/30 and that's when I got it. I think they batch them so depending on how many times a month they send them out I would guess you will get it either on the 15th or near the end of the month (accounting for holidays it might be earlier than normal).

They were nice when I called them also. All of their emails got through and I never added them to the no spam list. One school requested it a couple days after acceptance, but another never requested it.. weird

Took about 10 days from when I got the email to when certiphi actually contacted me with the background check info.