CBSE - confused about subject breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tristy

BairesYarnCreation @ etsy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I got the report of the CBSE and I'm a bit (a lot) confused.

What do they mean by "General Principles of Health and Disease"? I googled it, went to their website, did a search here, but I can't find any solid info on what exactly they want. Can somebody shed some light on this pretty please? And what books can prepare me to improve this cr@ppy score?

Also in the breakdown, genetics, do they include that in the molec bio part of the real thing? This was my lowest score (even with a * !!!), so, should I memorize the HY 1999 book, and/or get additional resources? I don't understand it, I got an almost honors in that class :mad:

I''m freaking out here :( I though I would do better on this thing. I guess my disclaimer was that I only had 1 hour of sleep, 2 days before I had a block exam, and we are still 1 block behind (neuro/psych)...Oh boy, <sigh> is this the kiss of death for a >230-240?

<major freak out> :eek::scared::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Help? Anyone? Any advice? :( Please? Per favore? S'il Vous Plaît ?

D***, I'm hereby going to limit you to one question per post!
Ok, so I got the report of the CBSE and I'm a bit (a lot) confused.

What do they mean by "General Principles of Health and Disease"? I googled it, went to their website, did a search here, but I can't find any solid info on what exactly they want. Can somebody shed some light on this pretty please?
Basic intro to path. First couple of chapters of whatever path book you're using, probably.

And what books can prepare me to improve this cr@ppy score?
Any path review book should have this info.

Also in the breakdown, genetics, do they include that in the molec bio part of the real thing? This was my lowest score (even with a * !!!), so, should I memorize the HY 1999 book, and/or get additional resources? I don't understand it, I got an almost honors in that class :mad:
Don't freak. There might have been like three questions classified in that subject, all of which you missed. It doesn't mean that you know nothing about genetics at all. Take an NBME exam or do some random question bank questions and see if that pattern holds up. If it does, then you know you need to work on it more.

I''m freaking out here :( I though I would do better on this thing. I guess my disclaimer was that I only had 1 hour of sleep, 2 days before I had a block exam, and we are still 1 block behind (neuro/psych)...Oh boy, <sigh> is this the kiss of death for a >230-240?

<major freak out> :eek::scared::eek:
I would think not, especially if you've yet to start studying. Deep breath, comrade. This is only a practice test. It means nothing except that you need to study before you take the boards. No big surprise, right?

Hey Q, thanks a bunch for the clarification :D And for the support too :) It was silly of me to freak out that much since I haven't started studying yet :p

But now I know what they mean with that General Principles thing ! :thumbup: