Anyone Recently Take CBSE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jbean2201

Reaction score
Hi.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Has anyone recently taken the Comprehensive Basic Sciences NBME (CBSE)? I was curious if there were any low-yield/wtf questions on the exam. The new NBMEs have a lot of low-yield questions and I was wondering if this is to be expected on the CBSE?
I am required to pass CBSE prior to Step 1. Unfortunately, I have been told that the question format is slightly different between each exam.
Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

I took it about 8 weeks ago and scored 254. They gave it to us the first week of our guided review course for step. I thought it was very fair and didn’t have many low yield questions on it. It was easier than the NBME tests I have done for example the next NBME I took like 4 weeks later was 25 and I got 241 and then a couple weeks later a 253 on NBME 26. So it took a couple hard weeks of studying to get to the same level on NBMEs as the cbse

Reactions: 1 user
I took it about 8 weeks ago and scored 254. They gave it to us the first week of our guided review course for step. I thought it was very fair and didn’t have many low yield questions on it. It was easier than the NBME tests I have done for example the next NBME I took like 4 weeks later was 25 and I got 241 and then a couple weeks later a 253 on NBME 26. So it took a couple hard weeks of studying to get to the same level on NBMEs as the cbse
Thank you. I appreciate your detailed response!