CBSE February 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jct1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Has anyone heard when the day for the February 2021 CBSE is going to be? Feel like it’s a little late for the website to set the day of the exam given the history of when it’s normally released. Thank y’all!
-JT

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I contacted AAOMS a couple weeks ago and they are reporting 2/13/21. No idea when registration will be available.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted AAOMS a couple weeks ago and they are reporting 2/13/21. No idea when registration will be available.

makes sense to me! It’s a shame I’ll be ending my relationship with the CBSE the night prior to Valentine’s Day!

I also contacted AAOMS, they told me registration should open around the first of October

Is the sign up going to be on the "NBME for OMS Applicants" page aaoms page?

Yeah that should be the page. Seems it is still not open for registration though.

I still haven’t heard anything yet. Same for everyone?

I emailed John London yesterday asking if there was a set date for when the exam is released and he said he wasn't sure but that their team was working on it so I would just check the AAOMS portal daily?

Reactions: 3 users
Not trying to blow up this thread or anything but the status just changed on AAOMS's website to February 2021 will open soon!

Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything yet? I check the AAOMS website about everyday and still no update?

Members don't see this ad :)
So we have less than a month to register? And if we're late, its $150 fee.......niceeee

How do we get the scheduling permit? Are we supposed to have it before we register?

You register first on AAOMS site, then you get a permit from NBME by email a few weeks or so later. Sometimes it can take a month or two. Then you use the permit to schedule at Prometric.

Planning on taking the exam for the first time.
Q: will the online registration open before Nov/30, or should I mail in the registration form with a cashiers check?

Thanks in advance for the advice & guidance!

Planning on taking the exam for the first time.
Q: will the online registration open before Nov/30, or should I mail in the registration form with a cashiers check?

Thanks in advance for the advice & guidance!
Same here, I'm mailing it in. Says late November so want to get the paperwork in asap.

I e-mailed them and they said online registration should open this week.

So once we have signed up, now we just wait on the NBME to email with directions on how to schedule our Prometric testing center location and time?

So once we have signed up, now we just wait on the NBME to email with directions on how to schedule our Prometric testing center location and time?
Yep! As per the email confirmation I received:

“You will receive an email directly from NBME with information on how to schedule your seat beginning in late November for the examination at a local Prometric Testing Center”

I believe they are releasing the permits in batches? I received my permit on Monday at 1:30AM EST 🥴

Anyone interested in starting an CBSE exam study group via Zoom. Please email me at [email protected] or text me 702 209 9950. Please let me know what time zone you are in, what days and time you would like to study, and what materials are you currently using.

Is CBSE 184 or 200 questions? Split into 2 blocks or 4? And how much time is given for each block?
Asking because I've seen contradicting information on the AAOMS website vs SDN vs NBME resources. Thanks!

Is CBSE 184 or 200 questions? Split into 2 blocks or 4? And how much time is given for each block?
Asking because I've seen contradicting information on the AAOMS website vs SDN vs NBME resources. Thanks!
Four blocks, 50 questions each, 75mins each block. 15min break in-between blocks 2/3 if you'd like that.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

anyone wrote any questions mentioned in Feb 2021?

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Just ****ing study

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
anyone wrote any questions mentioned in Feb 2021?

Someone wrote them down.

Follow this link, you may have to pay for some top secret access though.

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Sounds good, thanks. hoping mine will be reasonable as well. burned out already
Oh aren't we all! Hoping we all don't have to take this exam again, it's a little ridiculous how much energy I've put into it. Wishing you the best.

In comparison to UWSA2 how was it?
I felt like it was a combo of NBME 21 and UWSA2. There were some long UW passages and some short one liners. Some questions were pretty damn straightforward and others had you think a bit more to get there. It was a fair test. No question about that.
Length wise, I started to burn out around question 180 or so. Thought I did a good job of building my endurance, but an exam like that drains your energy.
I believe if you did a combination of both UWSA and NBME, you’ll be prepared for the questions.

I felt like it was a combo of NBME 21 and UWSA2. There were some long UW passages and some short one liners. Some questions were pretty damn straightforward and others had you think a bit more to get there. It was a fair test. No question about that.
Length wise, I started to burn out around question 180 or so. Thought I did a good job of building my endurance, but an exam like that drains your energy.
I believe if you did a combination of both UWSA and NBME, you’ll be prepared for the questions.
Cool, thanks!

Has anyone had experience with how prometric centers deal with inclement weather? I'm in NJ and there's supposed to be snow the day/night before and freezing rain/rain the morning of my exam. Getting a little worried if that will affect the test center

Has anyone had experience with how prometric centers deal with inclement weather? I'm in NJ and there's supposed to be snow the day/night before and freezing rain/rain the morning of my exam. Getting a little worried if that will affect the test center
One of my friends got caught in a snowstorm, he was supposed to take his CBSE yesterday I believe.

Prometric never called him or responded to anything from him. He drove through the snow (luckily has a 4Runner), showed up to the prometric center only for it to be locked up. He waited for a while and no one ever showed up. He has been trying to contact them and no is responding. Very unprofessional. Hopefully he won't have to wait all the way till August to take it again

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I think, don’t quote me directly on this, John London has been very accommodating to situations when this occurs. I believe they just move it back to a certain date within a week or something. I highly doubt you’d take it in august. But anyone who went through experience this would be more helpful

I think, don’t quote me directly on this, John London has been very accommodating to situations when this occurs. I believe they just move it back to a certain date within a week or something. I highly doubt you’d take it in august. But anyone who went through experience this would be more helpful
Good to know! Prometric called me to confirm earlier today and when I asked, they said they'd close if a state of emergency was declared, but otherwise she seemed to imply that they'd be open

(*Literally* quoted you on this just to make myself chuckle)

I didn't take it, but heard from some classmates that it was very challenging.

I didn't take it, but heard from some classmates that it was very challenging.
Yeah it was. But apparently most people feel that way after the exam, so hopefully it evens out.