CBT MCAT - EK vs KAPLAN vs TPR!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zubair

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How is everyone doing today? My question basically would be, since MCAT has changed (from paper to CBT), which old test prep books still hold ground even after this change? From the 3 big companies (don't bash me if you like any other company, but I'm only interested in these 3), EK, KAP, TPR, which one do people believe is best to study off of for the CBT.

I was leaning heavily towards EK only, but considering how like lets say EK Audio Osmosis is like 6 years old now, I wonder how effective it will be still (with the CBT and shortened test (from 8 to 5 hours) ). Has anybody given this a thought?

Your inputs would be much appreciated! Especially if you're one of the high scoring 30+ people who take the time out to help the rookies like me out :)

Members don't see this ad.

facts dont change over the years, just the way theyre presented. And the only change ive really noticed with cbt versus paper is practice test wise. The information presented is still the same. An atom is still an atom. Ive never used the audio osmosis, but many seem to like it. Just watch out for the errors, they can be found on their errata link on the forums page of their website.

If you check the AAMC website and look at the science topics list, you'll see that AAMC hasn't changed anything since 2003. So I wouldn't worry about content. I'm using EK 6th edition and I'm taking the MCAT on Friday. Hopefully I'll be well prepared.