CBT Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

richa sharma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have already writtten this in another thread but i guess, many of u might find it hard to locate it there, so am strting this new thread.

For all those who are taking the CBT..here's how it is..

U all might have got an email confirmation...u might have been given a time on tht...right?.lets say at 8 am..well it means tht ur test will start at tht time....So you have to be there at the centre atleast 1/2 an hr before .at 7-30 am .take 2 IDs with you..eg: ur passport,driving license or state id..anything which has ur photo and signature proof. Go and show ur email confirmation print out at the desk,,they'll check ur name in their list..and u will be asked to start ur test . u are required to give ur thumb print there..thts it..nothing else..U will be given 5 sheets of paer and pencils..When u start with the test, u will go thro' a tutorial 1st.which will explain u how the test will proceed..try taking it..even if u know how it all is..this will make u relaxed.. u'll get used to the environment around..for those who are sensitive to any noises around.u r also given ear muffs..

the monitor will display ur name on the top..and on the right hand up corner will show u the time..1st section is of anat sc /physio/biochem.which will last for 3 1/2 hrs..after ur 15 min tutorial this section will start. the count down will start..on the bottom left hand u will see 3 tabs: previous, next, and marked...to go to next ques u'll click next..and u can go to previous ques also if u want...if u are in doubt u can mark those ques..by clicking on mark..after the 1st 100 ques of anat next 100 will be physio biochem...they are in continuity..no brk in between...if someone wants to answer PHY/BIO 1st..they will have to click on next 100 times to reach 101 ques of phy...
when u finish with the 200th ques..on the bottom right corner of screen there will be another tab saying "review"..when u click tht u will get to a page which will show you how many and what ques nos have been marked..and which ones are left incomplete/unanswered. You can either click on those ques nos. itself twice to go to tht ques..OR u can click on the tab tht says "Review marked"..it will take you to all those marked or unanswerd ques..u can again proceed thro all those as u did before..by clicking "previous/next"..again.. at the end u'll have the same table showing how many have been answered or left marked..u can even go thro all ur answerd/unanswered ques by clicking "Review all"..

When u are done with this and time remians ..u will be asked on screen if u want to end tht section..if u click "yes"..u will NOT be allowed to go back to tht secion again...If u have left anything marked..doesn't matter..all ur answers ques are considerd..there is no negative marking so try answering all ques.

U r given a 1 hr optional brk after 1st section..i'll suggest u take it..it will relax u..eat something light..and then u can go later and start with ur 2nd section..which is the same as the previous one except tht u wont have a tutorial again...when u r done with ur 2nd section, u will be presented with a few ques ..those are meant for survey..as to how ur expeience was etc etc..after tht 5 min time..u will end the test and ur monitor will show the logo of "prometric centre" again..U can now go out..hand over ur sheets etc back..sign back and ....u are freeeee!!..

and yes, u can go out between the test also ..u simply have to sign in their register each time u do tht..remeber ur test clock will be running at tht time...so try drinking water before the test..take ur restroom brk b4 the test...For some AC sensitive ppl try wearing nice full sleaved shirts/tops so tht ur comfortable...at centre u are even given sweat shirts..u might get a locker to keep ur stuff in too.

And again, DONT PANIC..it makes us forget all we know..if u get a difficult ques mark it.and move ahead..there's lots of time..u can complete all ques..and review urmarked ones too...the test is long and tiring one..so try practising at home by giving a full length test..then u are prepared for tht day..for some "hyper" ones like me..[haha]..take an analgesic b4 u leave..i had a bad headache the morning of my test..

i guess we get our results in 3-4 weeks time from ADA...till then forget about everything and chill..we all need tht after the test...no matter how well we did.
ALL THE BEST TO ALL!!
hope i have made all things clear.
regards,
richa

Members don't see this ad.

thanks richa,
that was the best explanation.it answered all my queries :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

richa sharma said:
Hi All,
I have already writtten this in another thread but i guess, many of u might find it hard to locate it there, so am strting this new thread.

For all those who are taking the CBT..here's how it is..

U all might have got an email confirmation...u might have been given a time on tht...right?.lets say at 8 am..well it means tht ur test will start at tht time....So you have to be there at the centre atleast 1/2 an hr before .at 7-30 am .take 2 IDs with you..eg: ur passport,driving license or state id..anything which has ur photo and signature proof. Go and show ur email confirmation print out at the desk,,they'll check ur name in their list..and u will be asked to start ur test . u are required to give ur thumb print there..thts it..nothing else..U will be given 5 sheets of paer and pencils..When u start with the test, u will go thro' a tutorial 1st.which will explain u how the test will proceed..try taking it..even if u know how it all is..this will make u relaxed.. u'll get used to the environment around..for those who are sensitive to any noises around.u r also given ear muffs..

the monitor will display ur name on the top..and on the right hand up corner will show u the time..1st section is of anat sc /physio/biochem.which will last for 3 1/2 hrs..after ur 15 min tutorial this section will start. the count down will start..on the bottom left hand u will see 3 tabs: previous, next, and marked...to go to next ques u'll click next..and u can go to previous ques also if u want...if u are in doubt u can mark those ques..by clicking on mark..after the 1st 100 ques of anat next 100 will be physio biochem...they are in continuity..no brk in between...if someone wants to answer PHY/BIO 1st..they will have to click on next 100 times to reach 101 ques of phy...
when u finish with the 200th ques..on the bottom right corner of screen there will be another tab saying "review"..when u click tht u will get to a page which will show you how many and what ques nos have been marked..and which ones are left incomplete/unanswered. You can either click on those ques nos. itself twice to go to tht ques..OR u can click on the tab tht says "Review marked"..it will take you to all those marked or unanswerd ques..u can again proceed thro all those as u did before..by clicking "previous/next"..again.. at the end u'll have the same table showing how many have been answered or left marked..u can even go thro all ur answerd/unanswered ques by clicking "Review all"..

When u are done with this and time remians ..u will be asked on screen if u want to end tht section..if u click "yes"..u will NOT be allowed to go back to tht secion again...If u have left anything marked..doesn't matter..all ur answers ques are considerd..there is no negative marking so try answering all ques.

U r given a 1 hr optional brk after 1st section..i'll suggest u take it..it will relax u..eat something light..and then u can go later and start with ur 2nd section..which is the same as the previous one except tht u wont have a tutorial again...when u r done with ur 2nd section, u will be presented with a few ques ..those are meant for survey..as to how ur expeience was etc etc..after tht 5 min time..u will end the test and ur monitor will show the logo of "prometric centre" again..U can now go out..hand over ur sheets etc back..sign back and ....u are freeeee!!..

and yes, u can go out between the test also ..u simply have to sign in their register each time u do tht..remeber ur test clock will be running at tht time...so try drinking water before the test..take ur restroom brk b4 the test...For some AC sensitive ppl try wearing nice full sleaved shirts/tops so tht ur comfortable...at centre u are even given sweat shirts..u might get a locker to keep ur stuff in too.

And again, DONT PANIC..it makes us forget all we know..if u get a difficult ques mark it.and move ahead..there's lots of time..u can complete all ques..and review urmarked ones too...the test is long and tiring one..so try practising at home by giving a full length test..then u are prepared for tht day..for some "hyper" ones like me..[haha]..take an analgesic b4 u leave..i had a bad headache the morning of my test..

i guess we get our results in 3-4 weeks time from ADA...till then forget about everything and chill..we all need tht after the test...no matter how well we did.
ALL THE BEST TO ALL!!
hope i have made all things clear.
regards,
richa

Excellent post. I can confirm that everything he wrote is pretty much right on the button. The only thing I would add is that these Prometric testing centers can fill up surprisingly fast depending on where you live. I waited too long to arrange a date/time only to discover that the one in my town was booked three weeks out. :eek: Thankfully there was another center 30 minutes farther away with only a 5 day delay, but I think you get the point. Reserve your date early.