1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CBT Timer

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by midn, Apr 21, 2007.

1. midn

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    For some reason, on occasion, my computer's clock goes lightning fast and ends up getting many minutes ahead of the actual time. I thought this wouldn't affect my online test, but apparently it does. Near the end of the verbal section, I had 6 minutes left for 2 passages. This was extremely odd because I was moving quickly on every passage. I had to completely guess on the last two passages, and I decided to check the timer on my test. I ran my stopwatch concurrently with the break timer and found that after 10 seconds, the computer was 3 seconds ahead.

I'm so pissed off that my POS computer screwed up the test for me. I lost a good three minutes at least which could've been used to actually read those last few passages. Now my test is completely ruined.

Is there anyway to recover my progress? Taking the verbal section again would be a waste of time since I would be rereading passages which would make it unfair. Since I practically blazed through the last two passages, should I note all the answer choices I put for all the other passages and just redo the last two?

This was AAMC 8 by the way; now I'm down to just 9 and 10 for actual MCAT difficulty tests.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.