Berkeley Review CBT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalFaith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone who has taken the 2015 mcat and who also used Berkeley Review CBT 2015 exams for practice can share with me their experience. If it was similar in difficulty level as the real mcat and if they thought the exams was helpful in preparing for the mcat. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't taken the MCAT yet but have done two of TBR tests. I also took the Next Step 1/2 length diagnostic as well as a Kaplan full length. The second TBR test has no psychology/sociology section- it is basically another CARS section but with topics focused on mental health/sociology issues - I ended up just skipping it. I felt their science sections were good, though difficult. I felt there were too many subjective answers on the CARS sections as well, nuance of words and too many equally valid answer choices. Just my opinion though. The Kaplan was by far more difficult in the content of the CARS and the sciences - again, just my opinion. I plan to do an EK exam in a day or so.

Took the old mcat and old TBR test and I can tell you this, their science (which is basically the same for both tests) will prepare you for the "wtf factor" come test day. Their science section will either give you the correct difficulty or rip you to shreds. But this is also what you experience during test day so I say definitely go for their CBTs. But its ONLY helpful as a supplement with AAMC FLs. Take as many FLs from different companies so you will be prepared for anything on test day.

Reactions: 1 user
As a quick update. TBR contacted me after my previous post to address the issue of the Psychology/Sociology Section. Apparently, between taking my first and second exam they modified the format to match the MCAT (1 question presented at a time) and in the process got the wired crossed with the Psych content. They are resolving the issue promptly. That being said, I would highly recommend their material. The Kaplan I took seemed somewhat out in left field at times - not harder per se, just - odd. Best of luck to everyone!

I took the exam on the 18th and I thought it was pretty good for the bb and c/p section but you don't need it for the physics part.