CC or 4-yr for DIY postbacc prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicalmissions

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th year BSN nursing student who recently decided to pursue med school. I'm slowly working through gaining familiarity with the crazy world of med school prep and admissions and trying to sort through the prereqs I still need. I believe that what I need is gen bio II, gen chem II, orgo I and II, and physics I and II. Am I better off saving money and taking them at a CC that may be more flexible schedule-wise as I work and take classes over the next year, or should I shell out the cash to get my credits at a 4 year university?
I'm probably applying both MD and DO but am more likely to get into DO. My college transcript isn't awful, but it's definitely not great. I have a cGPA of 3.355 and sGPA of 3.01. My hope is that my post bacc classes will help improve that, so that's the biggest reason I can think of why 4-yr university credits might be better in my case. Any thoughts or advice? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.