CCLCM anybody rejected post-interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bee3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter from the Cleveland Clinic saying that I've been placed on the "Hold List" which consists of "highly qualified applicants, some of whom will be admitted as the application process unfolds." It says that "a number of applicants who have not been rejected go into the "Hold" category." But has anyone who interviewed there been rejected? I haven't seen anybody else on this site that has been rejected...

Could all of us who are not accepted initially be on Hold? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

My research aside, I have very average stats and frankly, I was very surprised and excited to get an interview from them specially now that I compare my stats with some other people that have been interviewed. I was among the first group of people for interview and I have been placed on HOLD since October. I figure, if I've been placed on hold, then they probably either accept or waitlist post-interview applicants and do not reject anyone until their class is full and they are sure that everyone is going to CCLCM.

Did your letter also say that the Hold list is "a good place to be"? :laugh: I guess that a rejection letter is the news that we'll be getting after April 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
bee3 said:
Did your letter also say that the Hold list is "a good place to be"? :laugh: I guess that a rejection letter is the news that we'll be getting after April 15th.

Yes and Yes/Maybe!

hi all,
i had the same question so i called the admissions office and they said that they do reject people post interview...so at least we weren't rejected..still some hope left :)

Thanks ziggy123. Maybe there is some hope for us after all.

ziggy123 said:
hi all,
i had the same question so i called the admissions office and they said that they do reject people post interview...so at least we weren't rejected..still some hope left :)

I have learned to take everything the adcom people tell you with a grain of salt. They tell you that because it is their procedure to accept/reject/waitlist post interview applicants. They are not going to deny that, but until I actually see or hear from someone who has already got a rejection letter from CCLCM POST INTERVIEW, I'm going to assume that they do not reject until April.

I most of the times don't trust the adcom people.

BasesofHumanity said:
I have learned to take everything the adcom people tell you with a grain of salt. They tell you that because it is their procedure to accept/reject/waitlist post interview applicants. They are not going to deny that, but until I actually see or hear from someone who has already got a rejection letter from CCLCM POST INTERVIEW, I'm going to assume that they do not reject until April.

I most of the times don't trust the adcom people.

hi bases,
i completely agree with you, the whole process is just too wishy washy..just wanted help alleviate any stress...we can't do much anyway except wait until april :rolleyes:

I heard we are kick boxing for acceptances... my room mate told me. He is very reliable, he's the one who told me you can't study for the MCAT