CCNY Post-Bacc e-permits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RichardSM

Reaction score
I'm currently in CCNY's post-bacc. It was super convenient being online the last two semesters, but now as the world is opening up, it looks like I'm gonna have to start commuting up there (I'm in Brooklyn, CCNY is on W137th) for certain hybrid classes. Has anyone been through CUNY and used an e-permit to take classes at a different campus? If I could do a course or two at say, City Tech in Downtown Brooklyn, life would be a lot easier. I'm not sure how med schools will look at courses at different colleges though, and I'm not sure of if taking courses at 2 colleges is worth all that lovely CUNY bureaucracy. If anyone's done something like that in the CUNY system, I would love to hear what it was like!
(Go Beavers :)

Members don't see this ad.

You should be okay taking an e-permit course at another 4-year CUNY college. If it was a community college, then maybe some issues there but going from CCNY to City Tech is fine for a course or two. The difficult part IMO is finding the course you want to take at City Tech at a time of your convenience.

Reactions: 1 user
I was at CCNY as my main place and took microbio at Medgar Evers via e-permit. I think the bureaucratic part went surprisingly smoothly--I don't remember any problems. I'm not sure people outside NY care about the differences among the CUNY schools, so I would say any 4-year institution is fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently in CCNY's post-bacc. It was super convenient being online the last two semesters, but now as the world is opening up, it looks like I'm gonna have to start commuting up there (I'm in Brooklyn, CCNY is on W137th) for certain hybrid classes. Has anyone been through CUNY and used an e-permit to take classes at a different campus? If I could do a course or two at say, City Tech in Downtown Brooklyn, life would be a lot easier. I'm not sure how med schools will look at courses at different colleges though, and I'm not sure of if taking courses at 2 colleges is worth all that lovely CUNY bureaucracy. If anyone's done something like that in the CUNY system, I would love to hear what it was like!
(Go Beavers :)
How was your experience with the Post bacc at CCNy? I have heard it is hard to register for classes at City College.
considering I will be not working and can take whatever time is there. How hard is enrolling for classes in person?