CCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an interview invite and scheduled it for January 9th, hopefully I will see some of you there.

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS! and lucky you.. what time did you schedule yday if u don't mind me asking? i didn't check my email until 8 last night so may be that is why all the earlier dates were gone by then..

also on the top of this site you'll see an interview feedback tab.. there you can find interview questions asked and stuff about each school

I scheduled mine at like 1 in the afternoon I think. I just randomly happened to check my email between classes so if there were no more Dec 6 spots left by that night then you're right lucky me haha. Thanks for the feedback!

i am still waiting... I was complete 7/28

My stats are average, 27Q, 3.7 GPA, 3.5 sGPA, strong recs, and extra-curriculars, and i am currently in an Ameri-corp like program for a year. Each day I go to work, I keep thinking that this will be the day, but the email has yet to be sent.

And also, what are the procedures for that letter of interest thing? (where should i send it to?)

Should I still have hope?:(

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wow, I can't believe people were done in July and are still waiting for a response...I have been complete for about a week now and was getting impatient haha.

How long does it take generally, about 2 weeks to a month to find out once your complete?

I was complete 10/21 and got an interview invite 10/26 so I think it depends

Just as an FYI.. Im going to be officially withdrawing my acceptance next week (I decided to go with DMU) so more spots in the class will definitely open up as we get closer to the Dec 15 deposit date.

Just as an FYI.. Im going to be officially withdrawing my acceptance next week (I decided to go with DMU) so more spots in the class will definitely open up as we get closer to the Dec 15 deposit date.

I LOVE YOU thank you for choosing DMU.. now I just have to pray I get into this school!! its only 10 min away:luck::xf::xf::xf::luck::luck::luck:

I LOVE YOU thank you for choosing DMU.. now I just have to pray I get into this school!! its only 10 min away:luck::xf::xf::xf::luck::luck::luck:

Same here! More like twenty minutes lol. Lived in the chicagoland area my entire life. Did you get acceptances anywhere else?

well that's unfortunate. was looking forward to meeting another Maryland product in chicago. all well. good luck!

ACCPTED!!!! Okay, portal updated this morning, but there is a caveat. The matriculation deposit shows due 10/27/11. CCOM is aware of this and the 12/19/11 date should be reflected by Monday at the latest. I interviewed 10/24, so everyone GO CHECK!!!

ACCEPTED!!:) Interviewed on 10/24! Can anyone recommend a good apartment off campus with a washer and dryer? And are any girls looking for a roommate?

ACCPTED!!!! Okay, portal updated this morning, but there is a caveat. The matriculation deposit shows due 10/27/11. CCOM is aware of this and the 12/19/11 date should be reflected by Monday at the latest. I interviewed 10/24, so everyone GO CHECK!!!

Got in !!!! first acceptance anywhere thank you God... its been a long time coming.....
accepted today portal changes!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Congrats to the new class of 2016! Interviewed 10/25. I'm also curious about any good apartments near campus.

accepted as well! interviewed Nov 1st. got a nice email from Ms. Mortenson. One of my top choices, and i loved the campus!!

Accepted as well!! This is definitely my number one choice! Such a relief to know so early on.

Interviewed 10/24.

OMG ACCEPTED :love: This was definitely my top school ^__^

Congrats to everyone :)

Everyone accepted, what were ur stats?

Just accepted!!!!!!! first acceptance in my second application cycle!!!

In interviewed 10/25

stats:
Undergrad GPA 3.2
Graduate GPA 3.96
31S MCAT

lots of research and EC's
Congrats to everyone else who got in and good luck to those still waiting!

Anyone else accepted that interviewed in Nov. ?

And congrats to everyone accepted!! :)

Last edited:
Interviewed 10/24

Gpa: 3.81
Sgpa:3.93

MCAT 30S

Non-trad, 2+ years industrial research, 3+ years academic medical resarch, 2 publications, and 12 years on volunteering inner city.

Does anyone know if CCOM has given out new interview invites lately?

Does anyone know if CCOM has given out new interview invites lately?

Anyone been complete here for like more than 3 months since the beginning of july and still haven't received a response? Getting really annoyed

Just got a rejection letter yesterday. 3.7 sgpa, 3.76 gpa, 24 mcat. I was told that the admissions committee looks at the entire applicant and not just the score. That is untrue info and all they care bout is the mcat score. I can strongly say this cuz the rest of my app was stellar cept my mcat and straight out rejection. They didn't see the value in me and that's their loss. Good luck to everyone else. Doesn't matter which osteopathic school u go to. Depends how hard one works. Ccom or no ccom I can still get an amazing residency

those of you with amazing gpas n low mcats don't waste ur money in applying here.

those of you with amazing gpas n low mcats don't waste ur money in applying here.

i think this is unfair since you do not know 100% that it is your mcat that got you rejected, there could have been a number of factors that went into that decision. you will not be able to know 100% for sure until season is over.
i realize you are disappointed but to say do not bother is a bit of stretch since there are plenty of people here who were told not to apply (including me) and are still sitting here.
if you find out what the holes in your application re and make strides to address them, you would have a strong shot at a reapplication.

i think this is unfair since you do not know 100% that it is your mcat that got you rejected, there could have been a number of factors that went into that decision. you will not be aIble to know 100% for sure until season is over.
i realize you are disappointed but to say do not bother is a bit of stretch since there are plenty of people here who were told not to apply (including me) and are still sitting here.
if you find out what the holes in your application re and make strides to address them, you would have a strong shot at a reapplication.

Ur right my apologies. I will not be reapplying next year. I got accepted to two other schools so I will going to one of them. Maybe moving out of chicago is the best for me...who knows?

I got into CCOM this year with a good GPA and good MCAT, I even have pretty good extracurriculars

However, I did not get into other schools that are about as good or not even as good as CCOM. Its a possibility a low MCAT may be a reason you didnt get in. However, maybe your interview didn't go as well as you thought, or your personal statement/secondary did not work with the mission statement of the school.

I got into CCOM this year with a good GPA and good MCAT, I even have pretty good extracurriculars

However, I did not get into other schools that are about as good or not even as good as CCOM. Its a possibility a low MCAT may be a reason you didnt get in. However, maybe your interview didn't go as well as you thought, or your personal statement/secondary did not work with the mission statement of the school.

I didn't even get an interview invite..got rejected post secondary so that can't be it. Yeah, I am going to call them and ask. I guess I can always come back to my hometown chicago for elective rotations n residency

Well congrats on getting into a school koala. Get in, start with a clean slate, kick ass, and move on. Try not to get too bent out of shape over one school.

Ur right my apologies. I will not be reapplying next year. I got accepted to two other schools so I will going to one of them. Maybe moving out of chicago is the best for me...who knows?

You're right.

I tend to believe everything happens for a reason and you already have two acceptances when a lot of people don't even have one. As we all know, med school admission is a random process. Good luck wherever you decide to marticulate next year.

You're right.

I tend to believe everything happens for a reason and you already have two acceptances when a lot of people don't even have one. As we all know, med school admission is a random process. Good luck wherever you decide to marticulate next year.

Thanks so much everyone! Good luck to all of you! And thanks for all the support :)

II!!!! I got one for Jan 10! I missed the Dec 2 interview slot by literally seconds GRRRR. I really want an earlier interview slot. If anyone cancels or wants to trade slots would you mind messaging me?

btw how can we check what dates are available for interviews? I'm afraid to click the reschedule button in the website for fear of losing my Jan 10th slot....anyone knows what happens if you do click it?

II!!!! I got one for Jan 10! I missed the Dec 2 interview slot by literally seconds GRRRR. I really want an earlier interview slot. If anyone cancels or wants to trade slots would you mind messaging me?

btw how can we check what dates are available for interviews? I'm afraid to click the reschedule button in the website for fear of losing my Jan 10th slot....anyone knows what happens if you do click it?

i do not think you lose your spot if you reschedule until you hit reschedule for a new date, but i could be wrong :/

i do not think you lose your spot if you reschedule until you hit reschedule for a new date, but i could be wrong :/

thats what I'm afraid of! I was wondering if anyone else has tried the reschedule button yet.

thats what I'm afraid of! I was wondering if anyone else has tried the reschedule button yet.

I've rescheduled. When you hit it it shows you a list of available dates. Then you have the option to change the date or cancel and keep the one you have. You do not lose your spot.

i am still waiting... I was complete 7/28

My stats are average, 27Q, 3.7 GPA, 3.5 sGPA, strong recs, and extra-curriculars, and i am currently in an Ameri-corp like program for a year. Each day I go to work, I keep thinking that this will be the day, but the email has yet to be sent.

And also, what are the procedures for that letter of interest thing? (where should i send it to?)

Should I still have hope?:(

I was complete a week or 2 after you with similar stats. So i'd say you have chance, but then again I also got rejected before an interview the year before with similar stats. Only things that changed when I got accepted was a single point in my mcat, wrote much better essays, and did some non-medical volunteering.

I've rescheduled. When you hit it it shows you a list of available dates. Then you have the option to change the date or cancel and keep the one you have. You do not lose your spot.

thank you!

btw does anyone have any idea how much of the seats are already filled? I was kinda wondering how late is an early dec interview?

Last edited:
I have a question for a current student (maybe mommy2three?). Does the non-systems based curriculum make it more difficult to understand the material, or is it presented in an easy fashion to learn? How often do you take tests per week? What is the normal amount of hours per day and per week that you are in class? Thanks!

Do any current first years have books they are selling or discarding? Please let me know. I can take them off your hands anytime I live close by.